View Poll Results: Would you let your freind give you a body piercing instead of a proffesional?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 19.23%
  • No

55 70.51%
  • Not Sure

12 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Piercing

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Body Piercing

I'm kinda' in the middle on this issue. First off I already have a piercing and plan on getting one more. But when I got my second pair of holes in my ears I let my friend do it. But he's a professional. However even if he wasn't I would have still let him. Its a trust thing to me.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NevesElocin For This Useful Post:

dark angel (Dec 20, 2007)

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well somthings that happen it can hit vaines thats quite bad but for ur belly botton it is really panful and can be infected more easly if not done by a pro.... my firend tryd to do her own and i thought that was quite dumb cs it likely wasnt even staralised.... best bet get it done pro .... i did my own ear though with a needle ... it was quite sor and too a while soo get it donw pro if u really want it done

4. The Following User Says Thank You to equinn For This Useful Post:

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, it usually depends on the skill your friend has. Has he/she done that type of piercing before? I used to own a tattoo gun and I would give myself tattoos. Once I got pretty good at it, I had friends coming for tats then--eventually--THIER friends would pay for tattoos.

It's all a matter of experience. They don't have to be a pro to know what they're doin'. I'd totally let my friend pierce me. I've done it before, but my ear ring holes have closed up since then (never even got to sport jewelry). Personally, my piercing will be professional when I go get it done soon (thinkin' of gettin' my eyebrow and ears pierced), but that's just because I don't know anyone who can do eyebrows. ^_^

6. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Otaku urlovelyassassin is off to a good start
    in the devil's arms and the angel's heart
    Thanks

someone i trust and i know has done it before i would deffinately let them do it

i have a mom that's a nurse so im not too worried about infections

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

8. The Following User Says Thank You to urlovelyassassin For This Useful Post:

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I have gotten my belly button pierced by a professional and I would not even think twice of letting my friend do it....
    I mean I understand why anyone would think about that...because friends make you feel less uncomfortable and all
    But the consequences could be horrid
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Astaroth For This Useful Post:

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I have gotten my belly button pierced by a professional and I would not even think twice of letting my friend do it....
    I mean I understand why anyone would think about that...because friends make you feel less uncomfortable and all
    But the consequences could be horrid
    even if we had everything sterilized proper?
    and how do you know how to properly place the needle so the length between the two holes isnt too big?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rook For This Useful Post:

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I might be a bit biased, but I've seen a person who let friends do the top of the ear and it went horribly wrong and got terrible infected ( This guy was supposed to be a good piercer..). I personally would suggested to get a professionally, unless of course your friend is a professional at it ( meaning, works in the area with a few years experience). But, I guess it's at your own risk, I'm sure there have been plenty of success with just friends doing it ( after seeing what that girl went though..no way I'd do it XD)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to _gwenibe_ For This Useful Post:

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to do my piercings on my own. Until I decided that I needed to have them professionally done so that way they were in the right spot and the correct way. Like when I got my nose done I was scared and thought I could do it by myself. Then I realized by my friend doing her that it can be more likely to get infected. I went to have my tongue done (Chickened out) and I asked if I could do it myself and he said that I would have a chance hitting a vain in my tongue and bleeding to death...that scared me out of doing it.

So in my opinion you should get it done professionally and not take the chance.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ky-lyrra For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast