+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: bottled water

Newbie Maclane is off to a good start Maclane's Avatar
    Thanks

bottled water

just wanted to know every ones opinion on bottled water. love it? hate it? whats your opinion? i personally don't like it. people have been drinking water straight from the tap for a long time and you never hear of people dying because of it. there are a few pro's to the bottled water though. it's convenient and light weight, so you can take it with you almost anywhere. a few con's are it's a waste of money and many people don't recycle so it ends up in many places that were once clean and litter free. not to say that there isn't paper or glass lying around, but you see more plastic bottles than anything else. an option to buying many bottles of water is buying just 1 reusable bottle. anyway, just wanted to know every ones opinion on this subject.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maclane For This Useful Post:

Legend (Jun 15, 2009)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: bottled water

Demineralized water is actually bad for you, as the water, which had all the minerals stripped out of it, will actually start absorbing the minerals out of your body, and when you go to the bathroom, well, there they all go.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

^ since the EPA determined that the tap water in my area was polluted with up to 66 different kinds of pharmaceutical products, not to mention other pollutants, and since for years the river in my area has been more acidic than the norm, and since no plumber in the area wants to drink it, I'll take my bottled water.

Hmm . . . .
    I don't completely support the concept of bottled water. Sure, I think it's nice that nowadays they are designed differently so as to be much more environmentally friendly but it's an insult to other areas that will soon have to either import water or are already in need of clean of water.
    And then there are companies out there that put "minerals" in their water so it tastes like you're drinking aluminum foil. I prefer to pay for my water and rock seperately, thank you.

I don't understand why after the past decade and all the innovations in purifying water and devices that can help clean water, why a much more efficient way of cycling clean water through the planet hasn't emerged.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tula For This Useful Post:

Legend (Jun 15, 2009)

Thanks

im not saying i disagree with drinking bottled water if the water that comes out of the tap is polluted. but tap water is usually safe to drink.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

I live on bottled water! lol I hate doing dishes, its something you can just grab on the go, and I think its better than drinking tap water. When I say better, I think less contaminated. Plastic is recyclable anyways, geeze.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Thanks

but do you recycle it after your done with it? if you do thenn by all means buy as much water as you want. it's kinda funny when you think about it, jim gaffigan once said "were paying for water? well how bout that. do you have any air i can buy?"

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

@ Tula

You didn't read what I said didn't you? I mentioned that Demineralized water, which just happens to be about all of the Bottled Waters out there, is unhealthy, since the water that you're ingesting is leaching the minerals that your body needs out of your body then is passed out of your body when you use the washroom. Water, for it to be healthy for you to drink, needs the natural minerals in it that it would normally get from being in rivers and lakes.

It had nothing to do with tap water.

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    @ Tula

You didn't read what I said didn't you? I mentioned that Demineralized water, which just happens to be about all of the Bottled Waters out there, is unhealthy, since the water that you're ingesting is leaching the minerals that your body needs out of your body then is passed out of your body when you use the washroom. Water, for it to be healthy for you to drink, needs the natural minerals in it that it would normally get from being in rivers and lakes.

It had nothing to do with tap water.
    When I first read the first post, you hadn't responded. . . .
    And I was too lazy to change it. Still am.

And I reiterate. . . . I have some qualms with bottled water but the tap water in my area . . . . . I wouldn't have given this crap to hurricane Katrina victims. To say the least, it's not dependable and sometimes it's not even the right color.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast