View Poll Results: Which came first

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chicken

    36 57.14%
  • Egg

    27 42.86%
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 137 to 144 of 162

Thread: Brain Teaser: Which Came First.

  1. #137
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Brain Teaser: Which Came First.

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    That's mean. I hate not being a vegetarian..although many vegetarians do eat eggs =___=ll Chickens lay eggs to survive? How does laying an egg help them survive? Don't they pop them out when they get scared or something? I don't know a lot about chickens and their 'ways'.
    They lay eggs to reproduce and they reproduce to survive.
    Survival is the basic instinct of all living organisms.

  2. #138
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Brain Teaser: Which Came First.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    They lay eggs to reproduce and they reproduce to survive.
    Survival is the basic instinct of all living organisms.
    Yes, I know that. I just didn't know that chickens laid eggs because of that fact. I also thought that chickens were able to lay eggs because they erm...'mated' with roosters? But I guess that wouldn't make any sense knowing how a lot of places keep chickens cooped up somewhere in rows of shelves until they produce eggs for us to eat. Once again, I contradict myself. I've got to stop doing that.

  3. #139
    Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in front of my computer
    Posts
    1,572
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: Brain Teaser: Which Came First.

    the chicken came first because God made all animals in their "prime".

    thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

  4. #140
    Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Under The Sea, Florida
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Brain Teaser: Which Came First.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Finally you have come to the plate and told us what you stood for. Be sure to note that I did not call you ignorant for believing in God or believing that God created the chicken first.

    The problem is, (as I've written before) that when you say "God created it" the discussion stops. God could have created the egg first for all we know and brooded them him-/her-/itself until they hatched.




    No you didn't. And you meant post, not thread.
    Even if I did not explain it the way you wanted it I know that throughout this whole thread there are a couple of times I stated my belief. As for the not calling me ignorant what was the your just ignorant and you don't want anyone calling you that about? The God creating it will not stop the thread because then you have people saying that it was not God it was the evolution.

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    xDD You just couldn't let it go, could you?



    o___o seems like you said ignorant to me, hassun-san. >.< Ah don't kill me!



    Yes, it's okay to contradict what others say, but it isn't very nice to say they are wrong for believing it. I agree with you ky-lyrra-chan. Anyways, what I believe are two very different things. On the religious aspect, I believe that God made the chicken, end point. But as Hassun said, saying that would just end the discussion and there would be no point. On the more logical side of it all I say that two animals came together and made an egg. When the egg hatched, a chicken came out. Thus the egg was first. I am contradicting myself. But I can do that :]]
    Why change what you believe just because you think it might end the thread? It's like saying all the people that believe in God will die and all of the sudden you're like well on another aspect I don't believe in him. Stick to your belief that it was the chicken if you believe that because it's your opinion. People can state their belief as much as they want it doesn't mean that it will change yours. If you feel like they have given you enough reason to change you opinion then by all means do it. Just don't do it because you think this thread will die. There are plenty of more to be thought of. I'm not done being a pain in the ass yet with these questions.


    Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    the chicken came first because God made all animals in their "prime".
    Exactly he created them in their prime

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    True. But it wont be fully complete w/out another animal's help. So even if it's just one animal laying the egg... It won't be fertile, y'know? Chickens lay eggs because of roosters, no?
    Yes the chickens had to come first because without the male to fertilize them then there would be no new chicken. So wouldn't that mean the chicken was needed to make new ones and the rooster was needed to fertilize the egg?

    Now who else wants to defend their beliefs or question me about mine?
    Last edited by Ky-lyrra; Mar 01, 2007 at 07:31 AM.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™


    Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

  5. #141
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Brain Teaser: Which Came First.

    Can anyone give me proof that God created the animals in their prime? That's probably not even written in the Bible.

    Saying God did it effectively ends the whole discussion. As I said before:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    The problem is, (as I've written before) that when you say "God created it" the discussion stops. God could have created the egg first for all we know and brooded them him-/her-/itself until they hatched.

  6. #142
    Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Under The Sea, Florida
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Brain Teaser: Which Came First.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Can anyone give me proof that God created the animals in their prime? That's probably not even written in the Bible.

    Saying God did it effectively ends the whole discussion. As I said before:


    Let's see. God Created Animals it did not say God created eggs but animals.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™


    Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

  7. #143
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Brain Teaser: Which Came First.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post




    Let's see. God Created Animals it did not say God created eggs but animals.
    It also didn't say God created the other planets in our solar system.
    So according to you that means he didn't right?



    According to the Bible, men are completely superior to women. You believe that too don't you?
    According to the Bible, Jews are the true people of God. "The Chosen".

  8. #144
    Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Under The Sea, Florida
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Brain Teaser: Which Came First.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    It also didn't say God created the other planets in our solar system.
    So that means he didn't right?

    According to the Bible, men are completely superior to women. You believe that too don't you?
    God created the earth or he might have recreated the earth after the time of the dinosaurs. That is my belief. Also as for men being superior to women in some aspects they are but nowadays we do things on our own so we are setting the standards high. Also if you do recall in the bible it says that Eve came from Adams Rib bone that God had taken out. So in some ways they will always be superior.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™


    Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Spirit of a Keeper teaser
    By Kokoro_no_Ankoku in forum Library
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2006, 03:35 PM
  2. Brain
    By boldragon in forum Poems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 01, 2006, 05:16 PM
  3. brain powerd
    By rematche in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2006, 11:16 PM
  4. Goldorak 2nd season "teaser"
    By Ectoruss in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 19, 2005, 07:09 AM
  5. I have no brain....
    By DontBelong in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 18, 2005, 10:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts