63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chicken

36 57.14%
  • Egg

27 42.86%
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain Teaser: Which Came First.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Brain Teaser: Which Came First.

If coming into the thought of a Creationist... then the chicken would have to come first, at least 2 chickens.

If the thought of an Evolutionist, then it could go 3 ways....
    1) The chicken merely was another creature that was placed into a certain environment and evolved (or devolved I guess) into... a chicken.
    2) The egg was laid by another creature, and by some odd instance that was probably mixed with their diet, environment, and any other variable... cracked open... a chicken. (I see that LenMiyata has beat me to this theory)
    3) Let's say that the chicken has always existed in some way, now we begin to question the idea of how it laid an egg... well, let's say it was always able to produce its own eggs by itself. But as time went on, to produce any better enhancements to the chicken, it had to lose some traits... so it lost the A-sexuality figure and has now become 2 kinds of chickens... male and female.

But if you look at it from a Neo-Creationist-Evolutionist standpoint...
    A creature was made that then evolved and evolved and evolved, and in one of the three ways listed above, the chicken became a chicken.

So most probably, out of the several chances: It would most logically be, the chicken came first. But then again, it could have also been the egg by the odd off-chance.

But the sole of the matter of fact is, an egg cannot exist by itself. An egg is in need of warmth no matter what the creature.
    If a chicken did come from an egg, being warm-blooded, it would need to have been produced from a WARM egg.
    But if it was laid somewhere constantly warm by another creature, that would allow that off-chance.

So most logically, once again, the chicken came first. And yet again: Only by some odd off-chance would the egg have come first.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    If coming into the thought of a Creationist... then the chicken would have to come first, at least 2 chickens.

If the thought of an Evolutionist, then it could go 3 ways....
    1) The chicken merely was another creature that was placed into a certain environment and evolved (or devolved I guess) into... a chicken.
    2) The egg was laid by another creature, and by some odd instance that was probably mixed with their diet, environment, and any other variable... cracked open... a chicken. (I see that LenMiyata has beat me to this theory)
    3) Let's say that the chicken has always existed in some way, now we begin to question the idea of how it laid an egg... well, let's say it was always able to produce its own eggs by itself. But as time went on, to produce any better enhancements to the chicken, it had to lose some traits... so it lost the A-sexuality figure and has now become 2 kinds of chickens... male and female.

But if you look at it from a Neo-Creationist-Evolutionist standpoint...
    A creature was made that then evolved and evolved and evolved, and in one of the three ways listed above, the chicken became a chicken.

So most probably, out of the several chances: It would most logically be, the chicken came first. But then again, it could have also been the egg by the odd off-chance.

But the sole of the matter of fact is, an egg cannot exist by itself. An egg is in need of warmth no matter what the creature.
    If a chicken did come from an egg, being warm-blooded, it would need to have been produced from a WARM egg.
    But if it was laid somewhere constantly warm by another creature, that would allow that off-chance.

So most logically, once again, the chicken came first. And yet again: Only by some odd off-chance would the egg have come first.
    I still feel that you have left out the all divining factor in this... Chuck Noris. He is a timeless figure of awsomeness and deserves his rightful place in this epic story!
    All the theorys involve both having to come from somewhere, so they came from the sky.(chuck noris droped them)
    They were discovered together and classed as the same beast by the lowly neanderthals.
    Because of Chuck Noris, we have the ultimit breckfast sandwhich: Chicken and Egg on a biscut. (pure heaven)

Newbie Baby nunu is off to a good start Baby nunu's Avatar
    Thanks

am with the chicken in this matter.
    otherwise who laied the egg?

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

i remmember watching t.v. when a tid bit came into the picture and it was saying that the t-rex's closes relative was the chicken so maybe the t-rex slowly evolved into a chicken? Any how i think the chiken came first cause not all eggs are chikens some are roosters.
    every rose has a thorn

Thanks

t-rex and chickens?
    really?????

hmm..everyday a new thing

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, if you accept cold hard facts (evolution) compared to a 2000 year old book (religion) then it is logical for me to say that the egg came first.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Thanks

yeah but don't you think it's alittle farfetched?

i mean where did the egg came? fell out of the sky?

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

The chicken! Because according to the bible, God made all the animals. So he made a chicken. Then the chicken laid the egg. *nods head*
    (Yupp, I agree with the religion view ^^; )
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast