+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Burning Witches and Werewolves.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Burning Witches and Werewolves.

I never heard of Ergot,so it a nervous system dysfunction sound like its a nasty virus if u can call it that

but if u look at the Burning of the Witche's it was like a form of geting rid of the plague, but then again they dident know this back then.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Marie Antoinette deserves respect and she wasn't what you might think.
    It is actually believed she never said those words, but it was a way to turn the populace against her.

The Straight Dope: Did Marie Antoinette really say "let them eat cake"?

Antoinette—Research and Creative Activities 2004

As for the whole witch trials, sure it could have been ergot, but that would be something if ergot in rye was the reason for so many people to be killed. Scary stuff.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sangogirl View Post
    i knew that there was science behind the whole witch eyewitnesses. I think that it is completely reasonable. Actually I had always though that the reasons that people thought that someone was a witch were really dumb. I was reading a classic novel written in the early 1800 when the whole witch accusations were at their most, and people believed that women that could swim were weird and had something magical about them.
    I believe it could be the reason behind alot of the being possed by a witch, but not all. I don't think this stuff totally debunks the idea of a witch being real.

I think the french revolution thing makes the most sense to me.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I believe it could be the reason behind alot of the being possed by a witch, but not all. I don't think this stuff totally debunks the idea of a witch being real.
    The question in this case isn't whether witchcraft is real only whether what was being reported and people were executed for was witchcraft (generally). It looks like the answer is likely to be no. Especially during times when there was a surge in accusations.

And yeah, I find the bit about the French revolution to make a great deal of sense myself.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sangogirl View Post
    i knew that there was science behind the whole witch eyewitnesses. I think that it is completely reasonable. Actually I had always thougth that the reasons that people thought that someone was a witch were really dumb. I was reading a classic novel written in the early 1800 when the whole witch accusations were at their most, and people belived that women that could swim were weird and had something magical about them.
    Yeah, what was the test for being a witch? Being tied to a chair and thrown into a lake. If you float... WITCH. If not... well, not a witch... and you probably die.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Its an interesting theory. And, its very impressive how much information you have on the topic. Is quite a concept to think that the notion of werewolves maybe based on mass hallucinations.

However, I believe witches, and witchcraft is very real and powerful. And the practice of spell casting did\does exsist. I dont dobt that there were probably many women falsely accused of being a "Witch". And wouldn't that be sad if witch hunts were induced by a poisoned society?

VERY INTERSTING!
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Witches, and werewolves, and vampires.... oh my!

They are very real the catholic church was just much better at catching them back then. I think the decline in witch trials can be directly contributed to the diminishing global influence of the chuch.

I bet witches were responsible for infecting the rye to begin with....they got what they deserved.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot View Post
    I bet witches were responsible for infecting the rye to begin with....they got what they deserved.
    You're trying to hard again Psiknot. :lol:

I'm sure they wanted to be poisoned along with everyone else just so they could be burned at the stake.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast