+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bush listens in.

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bush listens in.

Quote Originally Posted by Captcanada
    does anyone have anything better to do than hate on our nations presidents. we get one pres and its whine whine whine get another whine whine whine. quite frankly i dont care if hes listening in or not. personally i dont see how he can sit there and listen in on all the people of our nation. its like hes santa and can tell who's good and who's naughty. BULL. I Support Bush All the way. it never helps to protest our own nation. it only hurts ourselves. for example the soldiers of our nation hear that we hate them for going to war during vietnam and it lowers moral and we die more. so hey to me, you elect him you follow him. stop beliving every single thing the press or whatever says about our nation or nations leader. i could walk out and say the president shot 2 men on his ranch with a 12 gadge shotgun and i bet everyone would belive me. america is just so eager for bad news to hate on they dont see what great things we are accomplishing.
    well thats enough of my rambling
    Well the president doesn't really care what we think about him . I mean they go into office knowing that over half of the american citizens are hating him and always breathing down their neck. If there ever was a president we didn't hate, then you'd have to wonder what is wrong.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a privacy advocate, I like to have my privacy, its a matter of principle, Bush did not go through the proper channells to eavesdrop. He circumvented the court system under the guise of national security. Also, his claim is that he has this power from the executive war powers he was given after 9/11 but do you think anyone in congress with the exception of the 5 or 6 he told would think that this is the type of power we have given him. If he went through the proper channels then I would not be as mad as I am. However, he went into my "house" without a warrant and searched around in it. For those that have nothing to hide, it doesn't matter, would you enjoy it if I went into your house or on your computer without your permission or without a warrant saying that I can and started looking around, I could sleep in your bed and play with your cat; he illegally obtained permission using a power which it was never meant for.

I believe in Ben Franklin: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

It strikes home to the point, that the government wants to watch its citizens, hell the FBI is trying to tap the internet and watch everybody, so you could eventually have a society where what you see and what you do is controlled by the government. I don't want that.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; May 24, 2006 at 07:42 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie dekester22 may be famous one day dekester22 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    I am a privacy advocate, I like to have my privacy, its a matter of principle, Bush did not go through the proper channells to eavesdrop. He circumvented the court system under the guise of national security. Also, his claim is that he has this power from the executive war powers he was given after 9/11 but do you think anyone in congress with the exception of the 5 or 6 he told would think that this is the type of power we have given him. If he went through the proper channels then I would not be as mad as I am. However, he went into my "house" without a warrant and searched around in it. For those that have nothing to hide, it doesn't matter, would you enjoy it if I went into your house or on your computer without your permission or without a warrant saying that I can and started looking around, I could sleep in your bed and play with your cat; he illegally obtained permission using a power which it was never meant for.

I believe in Ben Franklin: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

It strikes home to the point, that the government wants to watch its citizens, hell the FBI is trying to tap the internet and watch everybody, so you could eventually have a society where what you see and what you do is controlled by the government. I don't want that.

You're wrong on some points here. First off, the FISA Court has ruled on several occassions that a warrant is NOT needed for data-mining. "Data-mining" is different than "wire-tapping". The NSA isn't "wire-tapping", they are "data-mining".

Wire-tapping is where they connect to your phone line and listen in and record your phone conversation .

Data-mining is where they convert all the phone calls into streams of data and look for certain patterns and/or word phrases.

When the NSA is "data-mining" and something "hits" that is within their "watch list" then they take the necessary steps to get court-ordered warrants for other more invasive types of monitoring.

And, this program has essentially been going on for years. This isn't a Bush Administration thing. Project Eschelon has been around since at least the mid 90s when Clinton was President. That program is where many countries of the world - Britain, Australia, the US (among others) - are essentially circumventing privacy laws in order to spy on their citizens. Every phone call is "monitored" in search of certain call patterns or in search of certain phrases to come up. When they do, that information gets shared amongst the member nations and gets put into a "security watch-list".

But nobody is going through your house looking through your things. Well, at least the NSA isn't doing that with their "data-mining" programs.

I know the media doesn't want to point these facts out to you. It makes for a better story when they tell you that your President is listening in on your phone calls. But in truth, that's not what is happening. And the FISA Court has approved what is happening. And Congressional oversight has approved what is happening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2