+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 62

Thread: But why Iraq??

  1. #9
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by Star Girl View Post
    I don't think the time line is the issue right now because a lot of what i did explain gives u a decent idea of what George bush claimed or said and did.
    bcuz yes, 9/11 DID occur while there was protesting and the weapons thing really didn't turn out to be real at sum point. hey, i just did the researching today lol
    You need to do a better job. You're compressing 6+ years of issues into one whole.

    First there was 9/11 which lead to invading Afghanistan and destroying the Taliban (though they seem to be clinging on with their fingertips).

    After that there was massive defections from Iraq, reports of inhumane treatment of it's citizens, terrorist ambassadors being received by the Iraqi government and terrorist training camps in country, and finally that there were plans to rebuild their ability to create an atomic bomb. When Saddam's own son defected, confirmed it, was talked into returning, and then executed by his father the situation seemed pretty obvious. People like to forget that the refugees that were flooding other countries that plead with the US to do something about it. It was a build up of about 18 months before the decision to go in was made.

    Sure there was protesting but most of that didn't happen until after the Iraq war was declared over. Up to that point either the majority of people were behind it or they were keeping their mouths shut for the most part. Except for CNN who kept running shows on what a great guy Saddam was and then when investigations uncovered the government torture records after the war went "we knew about that".

    Put more simply there were 3 reasons given for the war:
    1. Crimes against humanity, Iraq's treatment of it's own people and attempted genocide.
    2. WMD's, weapon stockpiles and recent intelligence that indicated an interest in increasing development up to an including an atomic bomb.
    3. Support and harboring of terrorist groups and terrorist training camps in Iraq including visits from leaders of Al Queda.

    Again, all this happened over a period of years and is separate from 9/11 other then Iraq's support of terrorists in general.


    So, just what is your opinion again?

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  2. #10
    Otaku Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Terabithia
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    I think I get what your were trying to say. I do agree most of that is true.
    (my oppinion. does not reflect on your btw)
    lets compare saddam and Bush for a second. I don't know much about either of them but lets just look at there negative sides.
    Saddam killed people right, he was a bad person. But why do you think he did al of this? he didn't want Bush to interfere with his country. Now in a way, bush could have killed people too, maybe even more. From the time he was in war, up till now, think of how many people in Iraq and in America were killed because of the war he began in Iraq AND 9/11. u can't blame the soldiars, there taking orders.
    Ok now, even if Iraq was responsible for 9/11 so was Bush. Iraq wanted to get back at america so they did that. Bush was killing people in iraq, and Iraq wasn't going to stand by and take it.
    I'm just saying, who started it? And If Bush is trying to help Iraq, he doesn't realize Iraq doesn't want his help.
    With the money that is being spent for going into war, do you imagine how that money COULD have gone to America instead. To build more homes and schools, in repair of Katrina maybe.
    It needs to stop now. I mean, Saddam is dead, the US should just stop now before things get worse.
    theres just sum of the stuff i wanted to say..plz don't try to get mad at me. lol

  3. #11
    Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by Star Girl View Post
    ok, seriously theres no reason to be getting mad at me and not answering MY question. With all do respect, I don't mean to offend anybody. I understand if your part of the army or sumthin, but come on. I've just put up a whole bunch of information I believe is true. SO surpruse surpise, its my OPINION xD I don't think I made that clear enough for everybody lol
    so now you can post me your opinion :P
    Ah, just a bit of a misunderstanding. I wasn't getting mad at all^^ I simply wanted you to clarifly where your opinion was in all the facts that you stated, or what I thought were facts. See you said that you did some research and then listed all those things without saying that those were your opinions and not true facts so I read into it a bit is all, no worries.

    It seems that the USA/NATO has a bad habbit about getting bad people out of power and putting worse people in their places, just like with Iraq and Afganistan. Back in the day we helped Afgan with the russians and look what happened..Same thing happened with Iraq. These people get power hungry over time and we have to take them out just like their predecessors. This war has been building up over a long time and it just took 9/11 for everyone else to notice. When it happened it was the perfect opportunity to try and right a wrong from back in the day. Of course oil played a part in it but so did lots of things people will never know about. So in the end here I sit because I'm told to do so, and for any other matters; Hell I don't know I just work here.

  4. #12
    Otaku Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Terabithia
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    yeah thats true. But Afghanistan didn't want America's help and thats probably the reason why there was so much conflict between the countries. I dunno, but Canada is now going into Afghanistan is because well they have to lol It says almost everywhere that Canada is an independent country, but whatever the US tells Canada to do, they HAVE to do it. so just had to clear that up, because a lot of people are confused about that, considering Canada has never been in war with any countries.

  5. #13
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by Star Girl View Post
    Saddam killed people right, he was a bad person. But why do you think he did al of this? he didn't want Bush to interfere with his country. Now in a way, bush could have killed people too, maybe even more. From the time he was in war, up till now, think of how many people in Iraq and in America were killed because of the war he began in Iraq AND 9/11. u can't blame the soldiars, there taking orders.
    Ok now, even if Iraq was responsible for 9/11 so was Bush. Iraq wanted to get back at america so they did that. Bush was killing people in iraq, and Iraq wasn't going to stand by and take it.
    I'm just saying, who started it? And If Bush is trying to help Iraq, he doesn't realize Iraq doesn't want his help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Girl View Post
    yeah thats true. But Afghanistan didn't want America's help and thats probably the reason why there was so much conflict between the countries. I dunno, but Canada is now going into Afghanistan is because well they have to lol It says almost everywhere that Canada is an independent country, but whatever the US tells Canada to do, they HAVE to do it. so just had to clear that up, because a lot of people are confused about that, considering Canada has never been in war with any countries.
    Now you say you've researched this??? I ask because you have the most confused tangle there I have seen in a while.

    1. 9/11 has nothing to do with Saddam and Iraq other then Iraq's terrorist connections. The US has been at war with Iraq ever since Desert Storm. The people dying in Iraq were not from US soldiers. Saddam Hussein's government was killing an average of 70 of it's own citizens a day in public executions and torture chambers. Their crime was daring to disagree with the government publicly. So no, Bush didn't start it. It started when Iraq invaded Kuwait when Bush Sr. was president.

    2. The people of Afghanistan asked for help, or at least the women did. The Taliban were, well just go look it up. For years before 9/11 happened, and Afghanistan was invaded in response, there were articles in all the major world news agencies crying for someone to do something to help the women there.

    3. Canada has their own mind and so does it's military. It contributed heavily to troops in WWII. There is a reason it was called a world war. They are far more likely to send troops because Britain tells then to then because the US does.

    4. Go find a time line of events starting with Desert Storm. You might find it illuminating.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  6. #14
    super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    oh canada
    Posts
    647
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Y'know, I totally agree with you. Personally, I don't care for Americans and I don't entirely like all the stuff that turd Harper is proposing, but anyway.

    Why not Iraq? If the US had invaded any other country they would have found some insane justification for invasion.

    As for my opinion, I think the only reason Iraq was singled out was because of all that mumbo you guys were talking about, the whole weapons of mass destruction being hidden there. It was just used as cover to invade and possibly occupy Iraq because of its oil fields or digs, whatever.

    But really, would you care as much if the country being trashed on was one more obscure and less contributive to the US (Developed Nations) in the way Iraq was?
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

  7. #15
    Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    Y'know, I totally agree with you. Personally, I don't care for Americans and I don't entirely like all the stuff that turd Harper is proposing, but anyway.

    Why not Iraq? If the US had invaded any other country they would have found some insane justification for invasion.

    As for my opinion, I think the only reason Iraq was singled out was because of all that mumbo you guys were talking about, the whole weapons of mass destruction being hidden there. It was just used as cover to invade and possibly occupy Iraq because of its oil fields or digs, whatever.

    But really, would you care as much if the country being trashed on was one more obscure and less contributive to the US (Developed Nations) in the way Iraq was?
    Ouch, how can you say something like "I don't care for americans"? You just summed up an entire nations worth of people and said you don't like them..because of what? Just because they live in America doesn't mean that they hold and specific opinion that might be different then yours, everyone everywhere is an individual and has their own beliefs. Thats like saying that because someone lives in Germany they have to be a neo-nazi, or all South Africans are racist. That is a very narrow minded approach to any discussion.

  8. #16
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post

    1. 9/11 has nothing to do with Saddam and Iraq other then Iraq's terrorist connections. The US has been at war with Iraq ever since Desert Storm. The people dying in Iraq were not from US soldiers. Saddam Hussein's government was killing an average of 70 of it's own citizens a day in public executions and torture chambers. Their crime was daring to disagree with the government publicly. So no, Bush didn't start it. It started when Iraq invaded Kuwait when Bush Sr. was president.
    The US hasn't been at war with Iraq since 1991, Desert Storm. Saying that the war never ended is preposterous.
    I'm a reasonable person but I will not stand by some patriotic gibberish and American flag humping.

    Official reasons to invade Iraq:
    Quote Originally Posted by President Bush
    And our mission is clear, to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction, to end Saddam Hussein's support for terrorism, and to free the Iraqi people.
    1) WMDs weren't there and no evidence was found that Iraq was intending to use WMDs against another country. Too bad they didn't have the balls to attack a dictatorial regime which is known to have multiple WMDs, namely North Korea.

    2) As LenMiyata already mentioned, Saddam Hussein was not known to be friendly with terrorists. Fun fact: The war has actually brought terrorism to Iraq! Ain't that the funny truth.

    3) Ah the beautiful, worthless, typical American reason. One of those handy reasons you can use to invade every country in the world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. War In Iraq
    By Ky-lyrra in forum Empire Clan Vault
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2007, 05:20 PM
  2. war in iraq (redux)
    By fayt lingod in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Aug 10, 2006, 04:12 AM
  3. The Iraq War is an Overwhelming Success?
    By nb194 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 18, 2006, 07:26 AM
  4. Replies: 118
    Last Post: Mar 01, 2006, 06:06 PM
  5. The war in Iraq and disconnected politicans
    By Ninrev Sirgem in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul 30, 2005, 11:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts