+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: But why Iraq??

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: But why Iraq??

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The US hasn't been at war with Iraq since 1991, Desert Storm. Saying that the war never ended is preposterous.
    I'm a reasonable person but I will not stand by some patriotic gibberish and American flag humping.

Official reasons to invade Iraq:

1) WMDs weren't there and no evidence was found that Iraq was intending to use WMDs against another country. Too bad they didn't have the balls to attack a dictatorial regime which is known to have multiple WMDs, namely North Korea.

2) As LenMiyata already mentioned, Saddam Hussein was not known to be friendly with terrorists. Fun fact: The war has actually brought terrorism to Iraq! Ain't that the funny truth.

3) Ah the beautiful, worthless, typical American reason. One of those handy reasons you can use to invade every country in the world.
    Yes the gulf war ended, we all watched the TV. American flag humping..hmm..err..ok

WMD's, ok so we didn't find any in Iraq that were told about anyways. It's not like the entire world didn't know we were going to invade Iraq before we did, the president said it on national TV. So by the time we even got over there Sadam could have lifted those suckers to his partners up in Iran! Yes thats an opinion but no one knows for sure, do they. Ahh North Korea, fun fact here: Did you(not specificly YOU just anyone in general) know that the North korean/South Korean border was the most heavily guarded and one of the biggest mine feilds in the world? That means ground troops from South korea is out. What about the Navy? Yeah we could put ships off the port of China but what would China do? What if we used the port of Japan? Would they catch the first of many nukes launched by North Korea? Do you get where I'm going here, there are way too many factors here talking about North Korea as apposed to Iraq. Just because we didn't hit NK doesn't mean we didn't have the balls.

Oh yeah, that worthless American reason, like Freedom, liberty, Honor. Yeah everyone doesn't follw that stuff but who in any one counrty on this planet follows it? No one.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fled79 View Post
    Would they catch the first of many nukes launched by North Korea? Do you get where I'm going here, there are way too many factors here talking about North Korea as apposed to Iraq. Just because we didn't hit NK doesn't mean we didn't have the balls.
    Of course it does! Your post completely proved that too.
    Do you know that you are basically saying the USA attacked Iraq because they KNEW they wouldn't retaliate with WMDs. Guess how they knew that?

And if one of you wants to add that they were attacking because Iraq was attempting to make them needs to seriously pull his/her head out of their ass.
    E.g. Tony Blair said that Iraq could dump a WMD on the UK in less than an hour.
    And they're not stopping other countries from acquiring WMDs anyway.

It's a bit of an extreme theory but the Americans seem awfully bent on making themselves the only WMD-having country in the world. It is actually not their business if other countries acquire nuclear weapons. If they can have them, why can't the others? For their own safety?
    Put yourself in the shoes of one of those other countries for once. NOTHING is keeping the USA from opening a can of whoop-ass on them.

I hope you know the saying: Improve the world, start with yourself.

Thanks

Of course it does! Your post completely proved that too.
    Do you know that you are basically saying the USA attacked Iraq because they KNEW they wouldn't retaliate with WMDs. Guess how they knew that?
    You are reading into this a bit much, I gave you reasons as to why we haven't gone into NK so far and have tried to calm things down with peace talk rather then start a nuclear war. Whether Iraq had WMD's or not we were going in because of all the reasons already talked about in this forum. Even if Iraq had WMD when we went in in would have only affected us, and our allied troops on ground. There was no proof of Long Range type of WMD's as far as I know, unlike in North Korea.

Ok let's take into consideration that America has always been for peace. Americans have always fought for other countries whether they wanted to or not. Would you want a state from the former soviet union (who in the past has been openly aggressive towards NATO) to aquire WMD? Oh but it's for their own safety, until they decide to light up old flames and dump them on innocent civillians because they are protesting the cost of fuel, or get into a disagreement about peace talks and drop one on spain or whoever. The US said a long time ago that WMD would not be used in any war whether they were used on us or not, not just the US but NATO. I personally wouldn't want to see a country that has openly disagreed with NATO policies and refuses to abide by the geneva conventions rules and regulations to be allowed to aquire WMD's.
    Last edited by fled79; Apr 17, 2007 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks

I added some stuff to my post while you were typing, check that out too.

Thanks

I did as well, so check it out too, did this so you could post again. You threw me off guard when you added that stuff, I was like shit I don't remember reading that >.< I would have posted more! haha

Thanks

It's not because someone doesn't agree with you that you have to kill him does it?

Thanks

It's not because someone doesn't agree with you that you have to kill him does it?
    Hmm personally I have no problems if someone doesn't agree with my or anyone elses opinions/laws. I'm not saying that because certain countries do not agree with the NATO rules or the geneva conventions regulations that they should be killed, or not afforded the chance to protect themselves. What I'm saying is that these things are set for a reason and all the countries that follow them understand that WMD should not be used at any time. If we let everyone who does not believe in fair treatment of POW's, or that mass killing is bad; build, maunfacture and maintain WMD that they will be tempted to use them. I personally dont have a problem with anyone having nuclear powered power plants, but if they try and create nuclear bombs then NATO should step in and stop them for sure. I would like to be able to grow old and say that in my entire lifetime I never saw a nuclear bomb destroy anyone's country, including my own.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fled79 View Post
    Hmm personally I have no problems if someone doesn't agree with my or anyone elses opinions/laws. I'm not saying that because certain countries do not agree with the NATO rules or the geneva conventions regulations that they should be killed, or not afforded the chance to protect themselves. What I'm saying is that these things are set for a reason and all the countries that follow them understand that WMD should not be used at any time. If we let everyone who does not believe in fair treatment of POW's, or that mass killing is bad; build, maunfacture and maintain WMD that they will be tempted to use them. I personally dont have a problem with anyone having nuclear powered power plants, but if they try and create nuclear bombs then NATO should step in and stop them for sure. I would like to be able to grow old and say that in my entire lifetime I never saw a nuclear bomb destroy anyone's country, including my own.
    As I've said before: Improve the world, start with yourself.

Lets see the USA do away with all their WMDs then they can lecture the rest about not having any.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast