+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 62

Thread: But why Iraq??

  1. #25
    Newbie Kiki69 is off to a good start Kiki69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??



    all i have to say abouthis war we are fighting is that its stupid and we are sending our men over there to fight when we shouldnt have. Bush is reatarted a his daddy's puppet. all they want is oiland money while the innocent are dying

  2. #26
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The US hasn't been at war with Iraq since 1991, Desert Storm. Saying that the war never ended is preposterous.
    I'm a reasonable person but I will not stand by some patriotic gibberish and American flag humping.
    Do you try to be offensive or just do it automatically? Fact, the war never ended. An armistice was called. That is not a peace it is a stop to armed warfare that is considered over the instant one countries military resumes hostilities. The instant Iraq fired on a US or British military personal the armistice by definition was over.

    As for my three reasons you can believe them or not, you're choice, but those are the official reasons listed in the actual legislation voting on the invasion of Iraq.

    Are you saying that when massive populace immigrates from a country come to another country and beg them to do something about massive atrocities committed by their own government then they should be ignored? Or are you just saying that the US should ignore it because if they do anything they will be accused of pushing other countries around and abusing their power?

    Not that it matters. We've been over this before. I was just trying to get Star Girl on a correct time line of events or are you going to argue those as well?

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  3. #27
    Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    483
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    I'm a reasonable person but I will not stand by some patriotic gibberish and American flag humping.
    This is what now passes for intelligent debate on this site? You don't agree with someone and tell them to stop humping the American flag? This is frankly one of the most disgusting comments i've ever read and I really expected better of you.

    Perhaps I was right in thinking that what little civility left at AO was gone. It's one thing to disagree with someone but your comments are not only offensive but out of line. If this is all AO has to offer I can tell that i' haven't missed anything of substance since I stopped hanging out here often.

  4. #28
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    I don't have any feeling for nationalism. You obviously have it in abundance and you took it really hard. It has nothing to do with not not agreeing with someone else's opinion. It's an instant reaction to what I believe to be extreme forms of national pride.

    On that note, Arrianna obviously likes to get lost in details because if you had asked even high ranked politicians between the first and second war with Iraq if they were still at war they would say no. I disagree completely with Arrianna's view, in my opinion she completely ignores the big picture and instead focuses on the minute. Heck some countries have been theoretically at war with each other for centuries because official peace documents were never signed.
    Some nice examples of extended wars:
    Three Hundred and Thirty Five Years& - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <--- This one's end is being celebrated today!
    List of wars extended by diplomatic irregularity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <--- Some other wars that lasted A LOT longer on paper than they did in real life.

    My flag humping comment was mainly aimed at the typical American view of doing everything for peace, justice and installing a democracy. Of course this democracy is THEIR kind of democracy.
    Immigrants asking for support and the abolishment of their own regime is nothing new. And this happens with many countries which the USA hasn't come to 'liberate' (many African countries come to mind).

    And what about my other comments? Like the ones about the weapons of mass destruction? Is your only way of finding peace a peace through superior firepower? I can tell you that kind of peace is as hollow as a termite-infested flute. The fiasco that is the occupation of Iraq will have consequences on the national politics of the USA and rightly so. I hope the next leadership won't be as trigger happy as this one.

  5. #29
    Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    As I've said before: Improve the world, start with yourself.

    Lets see the USA do away with all their WMDs then they can lecture the rest about not having any.
    Hey, I'm all up for the USA getting rid of w/e WMD's we might have. I don't like the fact that anyone has them because they might eventually try and use them. The difference between us having them though is that we preach peace and have proven that fact many times by helping others and not using ours. Look how the world reacted when we dropped the A-bombs, it was horrified. Right then we knew that WMD's should never be used again. The fact is that if the US was to get rid of ours, all the "bad guys" would have a feild day using their's on us. So why as the peace keeper should we get rid of ours first? Wouldn't you rather see the nations who have been openly violent towards humanity get rid of theirs first? Just makes sense to me.

  6. #30
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by fled79 View Post
    Hey, I'm all up for the USA getting rid of w/e WMD's we might have. I don't like the fact that anyone has them because they might eventually try and use them. The difference between us having them though is that we preach peace and have proven that fact many times by helping others and not using ours. Look how the world reacted when we dropped the A-bombs, it was horrified. Right then we knew that WMD's should never be used again. The fact is that if the US was to get rid of ours, all the "bad guys" would have a field day using their's on us. So why as the peace keeper should we get rid of ours first? Wouldn't you rather see the nations who have been openly violent towards humanity get rid of theirs first? Just makes sense to me.
    Contrary to what they like to believe the Americans aren't the police of the world nor are they the peace keepers.

    I would appreciate it if the Americans learned how to put themselves in the shoes of others for a change. Hell, the Americans don't even know what it's like to have their countries reduced to rubble. And they want to teach us about peace?
    A couple of plane kamikaze attacks? Shit, don't make me laugh.

  7. #31
    Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Contrary to what they like to believe the Americans aren't the police of the world nor are they the peace keepers.

    I would appreciate it if the Americans learned how to put themselves in the shoes of others for a change. Hell, the Americans don't even know what it's like to have their countries reduced to rubble. And they want to teach us about peace?
    A couple of plane kamikaze attacks? Shit, don't make me laugh.
    Well you seem to harbor plenty of ill feelings about America, would it please you to see it reduced to ashes so that maybe we could possibly understand all these other country's turmoil's? Thats what it sounds like...And you're right, our country hasn't been reduced to rubble, maybe thats WHY we can preach peace?

    America has had plenty of disasters and still through them all we help people and follow the laws of war, you don't see us cutting people's heads off on TV do you? Can you imagine how many of NATO's allies would die if America suddenly just said "screw it, we ain't fighting anymore"

  8. #32
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by fled79 View Post
    Well you seem to harbor plenty of ill feelings about America, would it please you to see it reduced to ashes so that maybe we could possibly understand all these other country's turmoil's? Thats what it sounds like...And you're right, our country hasn't been reduced to rubble, maybe thats WHY we can preach peace?

    America has had plenty of disasters and still through them all we help people and follow the laws of war, you don't see us cutting people's heads off on TV do you? Can you imagine how many of NATO's allies would die if America suddenly just said "screw it, we ain't fighting anymore"
    That's where you're wrong, I don't harbor ill feelings to any country at all.
    The USA can't preach peace at all, they've been in plenty of wars. Don't get me wrong either, I sure am happy the USA came to help fight the Germans twice. But preaching peace? The USA hasn't been good at that in decades.

    The country isn't responsible for cutting off heads. And the reason you see it on TV is because they don't censor their TV broadcasts over there. What does that have to do with it anyway? Are you saying the people in the middle east are barbaric?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. War In Iraq
    By Ky-lyrra in forum Empire Clan Vault
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2007, 05:20 PM
  2. war in iraq (redux)
    By fayt lingod in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Aug 10, 2006, 04:12 AM
  3. The Iraq War is an Overwhelming Success?
    By nb194 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 18, 2006, 07:26 AM
  4. Replies: 118
    Last Post: Mar 01, 2006, 06:06 PM
  5. The war in Iraq and disconnected politicans
    By Ninrev Sirgem in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul 30, 2005, 11:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts