+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 49 to 56 of 62

Thread: But why Iraq??

  1. #49
    Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    America isn't the world police. No matter how much they would like to be it.
    Thanks for giving such a clear example of this.
    Ahh, so you're one of those "It's not happening to me or my family so I don't care" kind of people then? Thanks for clearing that up.

  2. #50
    Newbie memento_mori may be famous one day memento_mori may be famous one day memento_mori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    What's all this about the U.S. not being the world police?

    Read the Roosevelt Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine and then tell me we arn't the world police.
    No dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other dumb bastard die for his country.
    ---George S. Patton

  3. #51
    Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia
    Posts
    364
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by fled79 View Post
    Ahh, so you're one of those "It's not happening to me or my family so I don't care" kind of people then? Thanks for clearing that up.
    So if I go out and kill a bunch of people, then a cop stops me and says "halt" I choose to run instead and he shoots at me. I shoot back at him and kill him, is that self defense? Just an example.
    A better example for that would be, if someone in (let's say) England, goes out and kills someone, does a police officer from Canada go out and arrest or shoot the person? No, of course not, because it is out of their jurisdiction. Just as how one country should not attack another for how it treats its civilians. That's poor reasoning for going to war, because then you can justify ANY invasion for whatever reasons.

    Now I'm not saying that I agree with treating citizens poorly, but if that happens in a country, then the issue is solely that of the country, unless you get U.N. backing. If it's about protecting people, why hasn't the US gone into Darfur, a region which has been brought to international attention time and time again? Because there's no political or economic reasons to...

    I fully support the troops in Iraq, and I hope you and everyone else remains absolutely safe, but I do not agree with the Iraq invasion because there was poor reasoning for it, which the U.N did not accept, and the information that was used has turned up completely false. Which is why the only reason being touted now for the war is to 'bring peace and freedom' to Iraq civilians....but it's only opened up a civil war.

    Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

  4. #52
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by fled79 View Post
    Ahh, so you're one of those "It's not happening to me or my family so I don't care" kind of people then? Thanks for clearing that up.
    No I'm one of those people who doesn't even make the distinction. Just because it's your family doesn't put it above someone else's family. Are you able to do that? Not many people are.

  5. #53
    Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Life is an illusion.
    Posts
    2,429
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    In my opinion it's just stupidity and for addiction of resources. I mean, why bother sending in more troops? Everyday Bush sends out a war in another nameless country, bombing them to stone ages only to find out that there are no terrorist weapons there.

  6. #54
    Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    No I'm one of those people who doesn't even make the distinction. Just because it's your family doesn't put it above someone else's family. Are you able to do that? Not many people are.
    You say this but if a country/regeme/dictator is killing people by the hundreds and commiting crimes against humanity you don't like the idea of going to help? I can only go where I'm told to because I'm a soldier as other soldiers of other country's can but if I can make a small difference where I'm at I'd like to believe if was for some good.

  7. #55
    I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Pretiacruento
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by fled79 View Post
    You say this but if a country/regeme/dictator is killing people by the hundreds and commiting crimes against humanity you don't like the idea of going to help? I can only go where I'm told to because I'm a soldier as other soldiers of other country's can but if I can make a small difference where I'm at I'd like to believe if was for some good.
    Firstly: no I wouldn't.
    Secondly: as I mentioned before, it's a system of lies. We wouldn't help all those other countries who are under a similar regime. The USA don't attack North Korea, nor are the warlords of Africa being suppressed.
    But Iraq is being 'liberated'? I don't believe that.

  8. #56
    Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: But why Iraq??

    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Firstly: no I wouldn't.
    Secondly: as I mentioned before, it's a system of lies. We wouldn't help all those other countries who are under a similar regime. The USA don't attack North Korea, nor are the warlords of Africa being suppressed.
    But Iraq is being 'liberated'? I don't believe that.
    How big do you think the American force really is exactly? We can't just send troops everywhere in the world at once. Stuff like this takes time and major planning. While the president made the choice to put the bulk of the American forces to fight in Iraq/Afganistan we can't just send a small contingency of specialists to Africa or North Korea. You remember Somalia? Anyways your "No I wouldn't" comment leads me to believe once again that you feel as though "If it's not happening to you or your family, you don't care". I never said everything America does is right, and I sure as hell don't think so but even if I was sent here under the wrong pretense I (we) can still try to do our best and make better of the situation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. War In Iraq
    By Ky-lyrra in forum Empire Clan Vault
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2007, 05:20 PM
  2. war in iraq (redux)
    By fayt lingod in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Aug 10, 2006, 04:12 AM
  3. The Iraq War is an Overwhelming Success?
    By nb194 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 18, 2006, 07:26 AM
  4. Replies: 118
    Last Post: Mar 01, 2006, 06:06 PM
  5. The war in Iraq and disconnected politicans
    By Ninrev Sirgem in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul 30, 2005, 11:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts