+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: can genetics really influence your future?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: can genatics really influence your future?

Quote Originally Posted by baka1
    ok this subject has been floped around my family lately and i just want some out side imput. are the genetics like social or mental illnesses, personality, likes or dislikes,and talents really engraved in children before there born and stay with them as they get older or is it because kids are exposed to these traits by being around the perants.
    You don't need to ask people this question in order to answer it for yourself. Just type in "genetics" in Google and pretty soon you would know all there is to know. I'm not sure if genectics determine the kind of personality a person is going to have, however genetics do determine weither you will contract a certain disease in the future, they also depict every detail of your physical appearance and abilities. I think genetics determine some likes and dislikes, for instance your genetics will determine your sexual perefarence, but genetics don't make someone a racist.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Your personality is like building a house the foundation u are born with and the house that is there when u are fully developed in the personality area get build as u grow up.The contact u have with various ppl and situations those are the building blocks u as a person use to develop your own unique personality.That is why there is also and always room for improvement and also change.
    Your personality is definitely not cast in stone according to the DNA or what ever u are born with it is something u do automaticly without thinking until a certain age.At a certain age and it differs for everybody u will start fine tuning if u will the personality that applies to u althought sometimes ppl just loose control of their emotions and then the personality that they use must be something like plan B effect.That is another discussion so yes that is my answer.

Banned Vincent_the_Victorious may be famous one day Vincent_the_Victorious may be famous one day Vincent_the_Victorious's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, you're kinda unclear about your question... But if you're asking about if stuff like mental and physical traits are "Passed down" then that's what I've heard but I'm not too sure my self...

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

As I see it, genetics alone cannot define what we are or become.
    It's the sick and twisted world around us that makes us what we were yesterday, what we are today and what we'll become tomorrow

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Everything influences us and contrary to Soshi Kitai it can also change our futures because every influence produces a change howbeit a minuet change or a large one. The amount of change depends on the strength of the influence and our wiliness to accept or rather our susceptibility to change.
    Influence to CHANGE, not "we can't help it at all"...

That's as to say... "I can't help it, I HAVE to be a bitch, it's in my blood!"

It can make you be more of one, but it doesn't SAY THAT YOU ARE THROUGH AND THROUGH.

^_^

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    Influence to CHANGE, not "we can't help it at all"...

That's as to say... "I can't help it, I HAVE to be a bitch, it's in my blood!"

It can make you be more of one, but it doesn't SAY THAT YOU ARE THROUGH AND THROUGH.

^_^
    Frankly that is an attitude and attitudes are formed by the influences of your surroundings (sociological influences) and the physical/psychological state of being (genetic driven influnces) so it could very well be a chemical imbalance that causes a person to act irritable or “bitchy” so yes it could be “in my blood” so to speak. Other genetic issues Heart Disease, Downs Syndrome, Mental illness... are all genetic situations that frankly influence every area of people's lives and CHANGE how they live not to mention every aspect there of. I know no one that would deny that the learning of these genetic problems changed their “future” not just influenced it. This is because influence leads to change; when you are presented with a choice (influence) you are different afterwards even if you don’t respond to the influence because the act of resisting (a valid reaction) is still change.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Jun 29, 2006 at 02:49 PM.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Frankly that is an attitude and attitudes are formed by the influences of your surroundings (sociological influences) and the physical/psychological state of being (genetic driven influnces) so it could very well be a chemical imbalance that causes a person to act irritable or “bitchy” so yes it could be “in my blood” so to speak. Other genetic issues Heart Disease, Downs Syndrome, Mental illness... are all genetic situations that frankly influence every area of people's lives and CHANGE how they live not to mention every aspect there of. I know no one that would deny that the learning of these genetic problems changed their “future” not just influenced it. This is because influence leads to change; when you are presented with a choice (influence) you are different afterwards even if you don’t respond to the influence because the act of resisting (a valid reaction) is still change.
    However, I'm trying to state that there is no PERMANENT change according to the "unknown" factors.

If one gets a disease, one gets a disease... it can be cured.
    When it will show, they put a date, but even that is mostly false.

If one is to die of a disease... as much as we can predict that one is to die on a certain day, amazingly enough, that can be changed.

Genetics can influence on how people live...
    But it doesn't do permanent damage.
    As technology grows, "permanent" seems like an obstacle that we're trying to destroy. ..and so, now the permanent is starting to become temporary.

But it's not all about science...
    When it comes to those with chemical deficiencies that causes personality/mental hazards that can be considered a "disease" (in fact, almost all things we thought was just "their problem" is becoming studied as "a disease"... ), which can be brought down by genetics, there will always be a random factor that can't fully limit the effect of a person's life. But a person can change it.

It's not all genetics, as one reacts to other people, people would think that genetics would influence their choices... mostly by their temperment and etc...

Well, a family of bad attributes caused by diseases (such as turret syndrom) can pass down to a grandchild, and it seems to still be in full effect (possibly a diet that encourages it) ... well, the child, even though all the parents have been proud or stubborn about their problems, decides to try and stop it in any way he can...

This is not caused by genetics, or is it?
    Then what explains it?

A child who grows up to be a pacifist, when all generations were blood-thirsty.

Changes in the body can happen, I suppose if someone CHOOSES to stay in the same diet, same actions, same whatever all his/her life, then they'd be in complete effect of genetics changing everything in their life.

It's not permanent. And that's all I'm trying to say.
    And so, if it's not permanent, I call it "influence".

Driving under the influence.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    However, I'm trying to state that there is no PERMANENT change according to the "unknown" factors.

If one gets a disease, one gets a disease... it can be cured.
    When it will show, they put a date, but even that is mostly false.

If one is to die of a disease... as much as we can predict that one is to die on a certain day, amazingly enough, that can be changed.

Genetics can influence on how people live...
    But it doesn't do permanent damage.
    As technology grows, "permanent" seems like an obstacle that we're trying to destroy. ..and so, now the permanent is starting to become temporary.

But it's not all about science...
    When it comes to those with chemical deficiencies that causes personality/mental hazards that can be considered a "disease" (in fact, almost all things we thought was just "their problem" is becoming studied as "a disease"... ), which can be brought down by genetics, there will always be a random factor that can't fully limit the effect of a person's life. But a person can change it.

It's not all genetics, as one reacts to other people, people would think that genetics would influence their choices... mostly by their temperment and etc...

Well, a family of bad attributes caused by diseases (such as turret syndrom) can pass down to a grandchild, and it seems to still be in full effect (possibly a diet that encourages it) ... well, the child, even though all the parents have been proud or stubborn about their problems, decides to try and stop it in any way he can...

This is not caused by genetics, or is it?
    Then what explains it?

A child who grows up to be a pacifist, when all generations were blood-thirsty.

Changes in the body can happen, I suppose if someone CHOOSES to stay in the same diet, same actions, same whatever all his/her life, then they'd be in complete effect of genetics changing everything in their life.

It's not permanent. And that's all I'm trying to say.
    And so, if it's not permanent, I call it "influence".

Driving under the influence.
    lol, true change by it's own definition is something that is bound by time but nothing says change has to be a permanent action right? To me influence is all factors that lead up to change, the change is the act of our current state modifing in some way and then in turn new/existing factors/influences over time can lead to another change in our current situation. One can argue we are all in a constant state of change. This is as simple as looking at the fact as we age, cells die, new ones are birthed and the cycle continues.

It is all relative and a matter of terminology

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast