+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: can genetics really influence your future?

Newbie baka1 may be famous one day baka1 may be famous one day baka1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: can genatics really influence your future?

sorry i kinda suck at asking more than one question at a time . what i'm trying to ask is
    1. who we are is it more influenced by genetics or interation with perants or gardians?
    2.if it is genetics is it "writen in stone"or can it change a little or alot?
    3. can genetics or influence dramatically change who we are in the future?
    again i'm really sorry for the confusion. now that i've read over it i really see how i messed up. hope this clears it up alittle. and i'm not asking this because i'm clueless i just like to hear other peoples opinions.
    MOO

Otaku kinetic may be famous one day kinetic may be famous one day kinetic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baka1
    sorry i kinda suck at asking more than one question at a time . what i'm trying to ask is
    1. who we are is it more influenced by genetics or interation with perants or gardians?
    2.if it is genetics is it "writen in stone"or can it change a little or alot?
    3. can genetics or influence dramatically change who we are in the future?
    again i'm really sorry for the confusion. now that i've read over it i really see how i messed up. hope this clears it up alittle. and i'm not asking this because i'm clueless i just like to hear other peoples opinions.

1 Most docs and science guys say its both; the genetic traits passdown from family is the basis for you future interactions with thoughs around you. Such as your curser for endorphens (brain chem. make you feel good/happy) is set by genetics but you don't know what is good or how to express it unless you are tought. As per a case study in New Guinee in 1932, 1945, 1999. It was on two tribes that did not express any form of happyness or laughter. They had normal chem and physiology, but they grew ina scocity that had not past down how to express this scocial trait.
    2 No, well better to say not anymore. Though it is still a fledgling science it isgrowing rapidly. They already have FDA in the US doing human test trials to make sure the drug r/d companies can distibute to the mass market. The are testing everything from glokcoma to human wings( A nut in Michagin) Most work and have viable applications.
    3 Well that is the great debate in science to day. Some say that humans have stoped evolving and othere are just out to get a buck. But there are gunuien scientist who are tring to find the answer with out having to sacrifice thier morals to do it, they will undoutably find the answer or the may not; who know what the future holds.
    MAY YOU DAY BE BRIGHT, AND YOUR ASSOCATION WITH MORONS BE MINIMAL. EXTRA MEDICATION FOR ALL!!!

Newbie dreamzz may be famous one day dreamzz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: can genetics really influence your future?

this is really like the age old question of "nature vs nurture". most people, me included, stand in the middle, which is say that both nature and nurture play a part in who we become and neither one dominates completely.

and supposedly, evolution doesn't stop since adaptation is always occuring. so maybe millions of years later, humans then will be different from humans today?

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    However, I'm trying to state that there is no PERMANENT change according to the "unknown" factors.

If one gets a disease, one gets a disease... it can be cured.
    When it will show, they put a date, but even that is mostly false.

If one is to die of a disease... as much as we can predict that one is to die on a certain day, amazingly enough, that can be changed.

Genetics can influence on how people live...
    But it doesn't do permanent damage.
    As technology grows, "permanent" seems like an obstacle that we're trying to destroy. ..and so, now the permanent is starting to become temporary.

But it's not all about science...
    When it comes to those with chemical deficiencies that causes personality/mental hazards that can be considered a "disease" (in fact, almost all things we thought was just "their problem" is becoming studied as "a disease"... ), which can be brought down by genetics, there will always be a random factor that can't fully limit the effect of a person's life. But a person can change it.

It's not all genetics, as one reacts to other people, people would think that genetics would influence their choices... mostly by their temperment and etc...

Well, a family of bad attributes caused by diseases (such as turret syndrom) can pass down to a grandchild, and it seems to still be in full effect (possibly a diet that encourages it) ... well, the child, even though all the parents have been proud or stubborn about their problems, decides to try and stop it in any way he can...

This is not caused by genetics, or is it?
    Then what explains it?

A child who grows up to be a pacifist, when all generations were blood-thirsty.

Changes in the body can happen, I suppose if someone CHOOSES to stay in the same diet, same actions, same whatever all his/her life, then they'd be in complete effect of genetics changing everything in their life.

It's not permanent. And that's all I'm trying to say.
    And so, if it's not permanent, I call it "influence".

Driving under the influence.
    Dang! You got to say what i was gonna say!

...Impulsive...

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I think it's a mixture of both. I think some personality traits are with you all your life but I do think most of your personality comes from outside influences. Like for instance, you might have a terrible fear of heights because you had a terrible fall when you were four years old. Sometimes, people can change later in life also by the influence of an idol or friend. Man, I sound like a psychologist. That's it no more Dr. Phil shows for me.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe genetics can to a certain degree, your genetics basically determine your body's design and make-up, genetics determine how much muscle mass you will put, how big your brain is naturally, basically genetics creates a blueprint for you, the skeleton of yourself if you will. However, it is influence which will dictate what traits are your strengths and weakness, your genetics is like a list of things you have, you can through influence and environment, either strengthen or weaken those things, the details come from the outside, but the skeleton is made of genetics.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: can genetics really influence your future?

both yes and no...in my opinion...it just depends on ur situation...

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

I think genetics influence gender, body traits, defects such illneses and abnomalities. I don't think genetics however carves a person's destiny in stone. Personality, character, beleifs and life choices one makes can be influenced by family and friends, but in the end everyone is accountable for what they have made of themselves in life. There are some who have pulled themselves up from the bootstraps and then there is Paris Hilton. Genetics and family fortune does play into someone's destiny, but what a person makes up of it depends on the persons wisdom in picking life choices.. this is not determined by genetics but by not being a fool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3