+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Humans Be Defined As Normal

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Can Humans Be Defined As Normal

I was talking to a friend at a Tafe course one day about people in the mental home and he said that people are more "normal" than people who never enterd the ward. He also said that they were more "sane" not insane than people who haven't entered, beacuse of the time spent in there and the treatment they receive in the mental house.

But I said that we can't walk around saying and pointing to people on the street saying "He normal"' He's normal", "She normal", "He isn't", and I also said that comparing one table to a different style of table is normal, it's a table. I also said that Human cannot be define as normal as we don't know what "normal" is for human.

What is your opinion on this topic.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can Humans Be Defined As Normal

I agree. What is normal? What might seem 'normal' in one culture, may seem weird and unusual to another. What may seem like 'normal' for one family, may seem strange to another and vica versa. Also..what's strange and unusual? It differs from individual to individual, households to households and culture to cultures.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

The way I see it, normal is really just what we preceive it as. Sure society has put standards to what "Normal" is, but hey I hate society. What's sane and insane is all how we see it. WE're all normal to one another, but we're all weird weird to another. Same thing with sane and insane.

So I guess you can say yes AND no to this question. That's just my two cents. I do have a full quarter though...but I wun share.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that there are "guidelines" to what is normal in our world, but in all reality its also a perspective. Its just like how the jocks look down on the nerds for liking anime and we think that its weird that they enjoy football. Normal is a perspctive but yes there are guidelines.
    Last edited by Billum256; Jan 14, 2008 at 06:15 AM.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I'll admit, I'm strange & not afraid of it at all. I stretch the limits of what is "normal", if there is such things.

Normal is nothing more than a perspective. For some it's normal to have tomato sauce on their vegetables, while others would find me rather strange for doing that. I've known people who eat dog biscuits as snacks, which is a little strange to me. It all comes down to what you see & how you think. See something strange often enough, & it might become something normal to you, but still strange to someone else. It's all perspective...

Then again, you've always got one of my favorite quotes...

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper, only those that prosper can truly judge what is sane...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

i've said it many times in the past and i'd love to share it on here.

Normal is nothing more than your definition of the word.
    Why hello there!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no such thing as "normal". Everyone's idea of normality is different because everyone is different. What's normal in one group of people is the complete opposite in another. Each individual human being is different in his/her own way. That being said, what is truly normal.

Me walking down the street, listening to my headphones and sining along in Japanese is "normal" to me, but to person who just so happens to pass me by, it's weird as hell probably. That person probably thinks I need to be confined in an insane assylum, because I'm doing something that he/she doesn't understand.

The only time a person thinks anything is "normal", is when that person is doing something or sees something he/she is used to. That's what normal truly means.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    Normal is nothing more than your definition of the word.
    Agreed.

Normality is dependent on what you've been exposed to all of your life. Past experiences and the way a person is raised are key factors in determining normalcy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast