+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Can Humans Be Defined As Normal

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can Humans Be Defined As Normal

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Not to seem like I'm bashing on you, but that sounds absurd.

People with psychological disorders are people too. What's normal to you may not be normal to them, hence my previous statements. Someone who is clinically insane may think he/she's the most "normal" person on the planet, simply because that's what he/she is used to. All normality brings to us as humans is routine. A comfort zone that only we know. Once we are out of that comfort zone, things are no longer "normal". The routine becomes spontaneous action.

Something that I do out of habit, or to stay in my comfort zone is normal to me, but would probably be absurd to you. Example: I eat damn near everything with chopsticks. It's just normal for me. Holding a fork feels funny. But, when people come over, it's always, "Why do you eat with those things? You're weird!" Nothing is normal and nobody is truly the same.
    Not at all!
    I used to think like you do and im not a qualify person to say "you are normal or not"
    My father was a doctor of mental sickness ppl, and i got more two ppl in family doctores which said things like "when we're not able to deal or follow a eazy though we are not qualify as normal" and when it happens parts of our brain are not working well. Besides all that ppl you sayin "who is clinically insane may think he/she's the most "normal" person on the planet" they think like that all time, but whenever you see the brain exame of these ppl there are a disfuntion, a dameges on it, if thing like that happens in your brain and make you act differently from the rest ppl will say you're not normal...

but if you live your life differently or not, its something that rest of the world will compare as normal or not but with their point of veiw, coz you know you not sick and that's the away you feel confortable...

well I have a different way to see things and ppl to me are all normal till a medical exame says the opposite...a consept made by the society?? Yes it is, coz im nothing without the society!

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Normal is an illusion propitiated by the media. "Normal" has changed over the years. If you point to someone and say that they are normal, that person most likely does not feel normal. "Normal" does not exist.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Normalcy is just a mask that we all put on because we as humans are too scared to admit that we are different and because of that fear we feel need to pick on those who we deem are weaker and are as different as we are in order to feel better about ourselves.

Society has and always will be corrupt. Their definition is an absurd one. Just because you have something wrong with you (psychological, mental or physical) does not mean that people have the right to exploit it in means of feeling better. Society's definition of normal is based off of high school mentality. In which just because you have issues whether they are genetic or not people scrutinize you no matter what. This of course does reflect on people who are affected and later on comes backs and bites them. (Look at Cho and the Columbine shootings how were they started and why didn't anyone stop them?)

@ Arukih: I've been scrutinized for the past 12 years of my life. I do not have any prior mental diseases (I had an unoffical diagnostic determining that I had ADD when I was 6) but because I have a learning disorder (I have a 128 IQ and am placed in special needs classes because my math and spatial are 20 points lower than my verbal.) But I have proved that I am just as intelligent as the next person countless times and still have been called a retard because I have a learning disorder. And I have also been made fun of because of my looks and my intrests. And seriously there have been times when I have contemplated suicide because I am being scrutinized by my peers. It's not my fault that I have these disorders nor is it my fault that I'm different. I just wish that society would grow up and act more mature and be more accepting towards people who are in the same situation I am or who are far off worse than I am. Of course I know that day will never come. Until then I can keep on hoping that day will come.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Descended From Darkness For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Jan 11, 2008)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Can I ask, when you say that we are normal because he don't have mental problems then what would you say to someone who is suffering from fatigue, exhaustion, mood swings yet still are cheerful? Everyone has some form of mental problems, to some degree. It might not appear in day to day life, but with our life style, everyone down the road of life will get depressed and end up having to see a doctor about it. So what about it then??

Like Atomik said, people who do have mental problems are really in my opinion, they are not too different from everyone else. They just see things from another point of view. They have seen things in a negative light and have been ill because they get out of the negative thinking. Are they still considered abnormal? They don't, so what if they see things in a negative view, they have probably been scared by something in the past and cannot be blamed for what happened to them.
    Exactly. I know someone who--for the sake of privacy, will remain nameless--is the perfect example. He lives a pretty "normal" life, if you wanna look at it in the same way the media views the idea of "normality". But, he's got a mental disorder--post traumatic stress, to be exact. He's witnessed some pretty bad things as a child and something a couple of years back triggered it.

So, yeah. He had ONE episode and had to be treated for a short (VERY short) time. That doesn't make him any more or less normal than anybody else. Just unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    Normalcy is just a mask that we all put on because we as humans are too scared to admit that we are different and because of that fear we feel need to pick on those who we deem are weaker and are as different as we are in order to feel better about ourselves.

Society has and always will be corrupt. Their definition is an absurd one. Just because you have something wrong with you (psychological, mental or physical) does not mean that people have the right to exploit it in means of feeling better. Society's definition of normal is based off of high school mentality. In which just because you have issues whether they are genetic or not people scrutinize you no matter what. This of course does reflect on people who are affected and later on comes backs and bites them. (Look at Cho and the Columbine shootings how were they started and why didn't anyone stop them?)

@ Arukih: I've been scrutinized for the past 12 years of my life. I do not have any prior mental diseases (I had an unoffical diagnostic determining that I had ADD when I was 6) but because I have a learning disorder (I have a 128 IQ and am placed in special needs classes because my math and spatial are 20 points lower than my verbal.) But I have proved that I am just as intelligent as the next person countless times and still have been called a retard because I have a learning disorder. And I have also been made fun of because of my looks and my intrests. And seriously there have been times when I have contemplated suicide because I am being scrutinized by my peers. It's not my fault that I have these disorders nor is it my fault that I'm different. I just wish that society would grow up and act more mature and be more accepting towards people who are in the same situation I am or who are far off worse than I am. Of course I know that day will never come. Until then I can keep on hoping that day will come.
    Descended from Darkness just proves my point even further. Society is childish. It's like back in the day when people were ridiculed for "having cooties". It's the same thing. People with mental/learning disorders are usually treated like The People Under the Stairs, and for what? Because they're different? That's horse crap! EVERYBODY has some kind of mental disorder, some kind of learning disability. Arukih, your dad or mom, or whatever may be a psychologist/psychiatrist, but that doesn't mean that person gets to dictate who is normal and who isn't. Did you know that there are psychologists/psychiatrists that end up becoming mentally ill, due to the fact that they can solve everyone else's problems, but thier own?

Yet those people are normal? Heh. You find me one "normal" person, post a pic and a myspace link, and I'll prove you wrong. And I bet that every person who argues against you can too.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

well for this we have to define really what is normal? accoring to whom?
    there is a different meaning of normal per each different person... so... it is hard to make a norm and say this is "normal" and whoever walks out of it is anormal....
    With that I can say that everyone is normal on its own context... and we often have an alike context depending on where he/she lives, how he/she was rised and educated and everything around the individual.....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the same as well, normal can be many things, not just one certain way of an act

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I would also like to add that if you are someone who defines themselves as normal, then is another person who is slightly different you, yet also referrers to themselves a normal too. Are they wrong?? Referring to yourself as normal, a such general word, isn't going to mean you are normal in other people's opinion of you. We just can use the word in modern society.

As much as our school years were spent trying to act normal so we didn't get picked on was really only decided by the popular kids if they talked to you. Yet, now, my opinion of what I thought normal was is totally the opposite and I am glad it is. Because now I would rather throw that word out of the window if it is in this context.

The only time we could of used the word "normal" in this context would have been in old Victorian times. Where people were more superstitious than ever and never had to worry about social groups in society, they had the simple hierarchy and were clearly just told what was normal and abnormal. Now, we can't do that because everyone is fighting for individuality. Its merely impossible to use that word now, which is a good thing in my eye's.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Exactly. I know someone who--for the sake of privacy, will remain nameless--is the perfect example. He lives a pretty "normal" life, if you wanna look at it in the same way the media views the idea of "normality". But, he's got a mental disorder--post traumatic stress, to be exact. He's witnessed some pretty bad things as a child and something a couple of years back triggered it.

So, yeah. He had ONE episode and had to be treated for a short (VERY short) time. That doesn't make him any more or less normal than anybody else. Just unique.

Descended from Darkness just proves my point even further. Society is childish. It's like back in the day when people were ridiculed for "having cooties". It's the same thing. People with mental/learning disorders are usually treated like The People Under the Stairs, and for what? Because they're different? That's horse crap! EVERYBODY has some kind of mental disorder, some kind of learning disability. Arukih, your dad or mom, or whatever may be a psychologist/psychiatrist, but that doesn't mean that person gets to dictate who is normal and who isn't. Did you know that there are psychologists/psychiatrists that end up becoming mentally ill, due to the fact that they can solve everyone else's problems, but thier own?

Yet those people are normal? Heh. You find me one "normal" person, post a pic and a myspace link, and I'll prove you wrong. And I bet that every person who argues against you can too.
    well im not trying to defend or make a statement to prove you how much society including psychologists/psychiatrists too define normal or not,

Im really sorry saying this but when some one has been living a "normal" life to society's view which means(work, family, hobbies and so on) but suddenly this person start to forget the names of his own family or start to say thing like "I have been followed" or doing different things which behavior is defined as a not rationable from the rest of his life before...well we cant say he acting normal cos he doesnt and if he is acting like that Im pretty sure something is worry with his brain...

to let something clear here Im not talking about choises, Im talking about sickness... if are these ppl able to think?? yes they are, but not enough to follow any step in society...Im not been mean but that is a fact...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast