+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Can Humans Be Defined As Normal

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can Humans Be Defined As Normal

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    Sociologists aren't the only ones who determine what is normal and what is not. There are psychologists and other doctors who also determine that. However what the deem is normal or not is a basis of their opinion and is mainly a guideline. It's the people who run the society or the people who claim to be a good example of society that ultimately deem what is normal and what is not. And that's one of the reasons why Society is messed up. Because you have a bunch of these nutters running around claiming that if you like the things that everyone likes then you are normal. Though I believe that is a load of bull.

In this day and age everyone has gone conformist and their is no individuality because the makers of society claim that indiviuality is wrong and that we must all think and act the same. Why do you there is riddilin and adderall. It's to control those who think differently than the rest and behave differently that way we're all "normal" and it "saves" them from themselves and from society.

well to say that... u must say it for just about everything, if what ur saying is true then everything, every rule, every evil is all made possible thru a large group of people and their opinion, because not one person makes the general decision of being normal crazy evil or anything...am i wrong?

And yes I meant to say psychologists, but soicologist study it though...im in a sociologist class and its what we are learning right now

and i think ur taking the whole society is a bunch of BS a little too far. Just because ur into something that the inner society isnt, dont make u abnormal or crazy, being crazy holds a medical condition and abnormal follows right under that category, being Normal or abnormal is a wide range, its not just a small line if u cross it either way your normal or not......

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Our world is defined by people who do things that are not "normal". You can't say who is or isn't normal without saying the same of yourself. To someone in another country your day to day life and pursuits may be considered abnormal when they feel notmal to you. No one is truly "normal" by the book definition. We are all unique so normal really can't be relevent now can it?

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I know. I'm taking Sociology next year. And this all based on my observations. I've known this since I was a kid. And one of my counsuelers actually diagonsed me with ADD and told my parents that I should be put on riddilin. (Which I'm not on.) People usually make the decision to do evil acts because the people in society have pushed them so far. If people society would ditch the high school mentality then there would be less depression and less suicide. But unfourtunatly that won't happen.

Scientists, Psychologists, Doctors and pretty much everyone else thinks that prescription pills actually help and make people normal. When in reality it doesn't help. There are more issues and more side effects that come with prescription pills that can mess with someone's mind rather than help it. (This usually occurs when the dosage amount is higher than the normal. Doctors usually are the ones to up the dosage not the paitents unless they are really depressed) But unfourtunatly people think that there is more good than harm.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

I know. I'm taking Sociology next year. And this all based on my observations. I've known this since I was a kid. And one of my counsuelers actually diagonsed me with ADD and told my parents that I should be put on riddilin. (Which I'm not on.) People usually make the decision to do evil acts because the people in society have pushed them so far. If people society would ditch the high school mentality then there would be less depression and less suicide. But unfourtunatly that won't happen.

Scientists, Psychologists, Doctors and pretty much everyone else thinks that prescription pills actually help and make people normal. When in reality it doesn't help. There are more issues and more side effects that come with prescription pills that can mess with someone's mind rather than help it. (This usually occurs when the dosage amount is higher than the normal. Doctors usually are the ones to up the dosage not the paitents unless they are really depressed) But unfourtunatly people think that there is more good than harm.
    That may be true to some degree, but they are people who ARE just different than the general population, and like I said thats usually has to due with some kind of medical condidtion. It is true that some is retarted or not, you cant say that the retarted guy is normal, and at the same time say this doctor over here isnt.

Being normal or abnormal IS based off an opinon, or a norm, but its thru the general society that decides that.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arukih View Post
    I think the main problem is that ppl dont like to be in some kind of lebal whatever it is...
    From what I've seen, it's human nature to label things. For example, what is a tree? Immediately you thing of a plant with a trunk made of wood, with branches sprouting from that, more branches & leaves sprouting out from those, maybe even other thing growing off it. But without the label of "tree" applied to it, you wouldn't know what I was talking about.

Same thing goes for people describing other people. If someone says "Goth", you think of someone dressed in black clothes, black makeup, maybe piercings, with bats, skulls or similar things on their stuff. If you say "Nerd", the brainy kid with practical pants, pen collection in his pocket, possibly glasses, & usually not the best lookers come to mind. "Jock" conjures up the image of the exact opposite, strong, well dressed, plays their chosen sport well, and so on.

I guess that's where the label of "Normal" comes from, trying to describe the population in the simplest way possible. Ask someone what they think is a normal person & they'll describe the type of person they'd label as normal, but describe that exact person, word for word, to someone else & there's a good chance there'd at least be a few points they wouldn't agree with. As for what I consider "Normal", well I don't really have a definition of a "Normal person". It's normal for most others to have milk on their morning cereal, I personally can't stand milk on my muesli, especially when I have a cup full as a snack. What is "Norman" all comes down to the individual in question.

While this is not a personal attack on you Descended From Darkness, there's only one way I can respond to this...
    In this day and age everyone has gone conformist and their is no individuality because the makers of society claim that indiviuality is wrong and that we must all think and act the same.
    ...And can you guess what I say to those "makers of society"?

Stuff you!! Bugger off!!

I've always been someone who thought for himself, always doing what I think I should do. I wear what I want to wear, do things I want to do, & so on. So what if a few people think I'm weird? I don't care. Some might even say I'm crazy at times (including myself), but hey, that's just me. That's who I am. And if you don't like it, well, there's always that brick wall over there that might be interested, cause I'm certainly not...

Oh, & another thing I might throw in here, if it wasn't for people who were considered "abnormal" & "weird", we would still think the world was flat, the universe revolving around the Earth, as we drilled into people's heads to get their demons out to control their behavior, or just burning or drowning them for being a witch. All these things were considered "Normal" at one point, but people outside the "Normal" way of thinking stood up & changed the world.

So when you next see someone mumbling to themselves, just stop a moment & think, that guy could be the next to change the world...

Last edited by LordCastigator; Jan 18, 2008 at 09:14 AM.
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post

Oh, & another thing I might throw in here, if it wasn't for people who were considered "abnormal" & "weird", we would still think the world was flat, the universe revolving around the Earth, as we drilled into people's heads to get their demons out to control their behavior, or just burning or drowning them for being a witch. All these things were considered "Normal" at one point, but people outside the "Normal" way of thinking stood up & changed the world.

So when you next see someone mumbling to themselves, just stop a moment & think, that guy could be the next to change the world...

Exactly! People who are considered "abnormal" are usually the ones who make major discoveries or do something to change the world. Martin Luther King, Jr., for example, was considered an "abnormal n****r" due to the fact that unlike most of the black population back then, he said things that most blacks were afraid to say. Yet, because of him and several others like him, we have rights that were unfathomable back then. Benjamin Franklin probably looked like a lunatic just sitting outside in a thunderstorm flying a kite, but thanks to him, we've got electricity--without which, we couldn't enjoy our video games and anime. Nor could we read manga at night. Unless you've got plenty of candles.

Call it as you see it if you want, but just remember that the crazy cat lady next door to you is probably gonna be the next Nobel Peace Prize winner.

Newbie MechaShadowV2 is off to a good start MechaShadowV2's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to find myself agreaing with you there, since all people have a defintion of 'normal'.

note, this was in reply to NeoDeath90's post, thought i had clicked on quote but guess not ;p.
    What do you want to do?
    A.) Scold her?
    B.) Kill her?
    C.) Put it in?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6