+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: can there be a person who truly never discriminate?

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks
    Even those who try their best to view others on their merits, at some point will discriminate in favor of one person over another. For example, if you had young daughters in need of a babysitter or nanny, and your top two candidates had exactly the same amount of experience, no criminal record, neither belonged to a group you personally or religiously oppose, with the only difference(that you knew of) between them was that one was a man and the other a woman, who would you pick?
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks
    to me, there are very few ppl in this world who do not decriminate in perspective of race, social standing, etc. honestly it can be done, although finding somebody like that is like finding a needle in a hay stay, but the hay stay is a the size of a planet, and the needle well its just stays the same so yea. but i think that only happens when i person does not know the differences, i mean he is not aware of racial traits, does not see anything different, see only the person for who they are standing right infront of them and thinks about nothing else, a person who doesn't judge. but its a bit of a fairly tale type thing i know. but it does happen, but mostly at younger ages, once u get older well yea it disappears a bit.

@ gren: and to answer ur question which one would i pic if they where exactly the same well... i think in the end i would have to flick a coin. thats the only fair way to decide i think and well one thing i wouldn't want a chick cause well i might get into trouble, but the other thing i don't what to pick a guy cause well, there's no eye candy there lol.. but seriously, if both are compentant in there job and thats the only thing different their gender well then, i wouldn't be able to choose. so flick a coin and let luck be the judge lol.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks
    i have my doubts that there will b a person who truly doesn't discriminate becoz ppl can accidentally at times say things that may be discriminating to a certain race or culture without intention.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Arrianna I gotta say you sure do know a lot of stuff can you tutor me lol... I'm having school troubles and I think your like a genius.
    Well... I use a dictionary and encyclopedia and when I don't know something or want to make sure I am correct I look it up. Whenever possible I go the source of any information and I always check for biases. Who says you can only learn in school?

Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyXie View Post
    i have my doubts that there will b a person who truly doesn't discriminate becoz ppl can accidentally at times say things that may be discriminating to a certain race or culture without intention.
    If there is not intention there is no discrimination. Just because someone takes offense doesn't make them right it only shows their perception.

For example. I know a chef who works in a kitchen with all Mexicans. One day when tired he was talking about what his co-workers were doing and refered to them as "my Mexicans" just as someone would refer to "my brother", "my sister", etc. It was said affectionatly like you would a member of the family and to refer specifically to those he worked with. He was jumped all over by several non-Mexicans who called him names and accused him of being racist. Nor would they accept an explaination of what he meant. However the Hispanics in the conversation didn't mind what he had said at all.

Now, anyone, please tell me who was actually being discriminated against here. I must warn you however your answer will say volumes about you.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Oct 12, 2006 at 11:06 AM. Reason: clarification

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Now, anyone, please tell me who was actually being discriminated against here. I must warn you however your answer will say volumes about you.
    It was the Mexicans that got discriminated against. The Non-Mexicans weren't able to tell it was not meant in a racist way(By way of their small minded-ness). By them only seeing it as a racist thing says that you can't be friendly with them that way because your not mexican. Which is racist to the mexicans.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Oct 12, 2006 at 08:29 PM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    .. I think you get my point Miroku but I rephrased/edited the end of my statement just in case I wasn't clear.

It wasn't the Mexicans who were offended. It was the non-Mexicans jumping all of over a chef who also wasn't Mexican.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    .. I think you get my point Miroku but I rephrased/edited the end of my statement just in case I wasn't clear.

It wasn't the Mexicans who were offended. It was the non-Mexicans jumping all of over a chef who also wasn't Mexican.
    It was i who wasn't clear. I fixed my post. Now take a look.

Thanks
    Ah, thanks. I understand now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast