+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: can they really call video games addictive

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

can they really call video games addictive

I was watching a talk show last nite saying they need to put a Ban on video games becuase two parents became addicted to them and forgot about there kids and kids died. I dont think this is fare since everyone is addicted to video game {i can quit playing time i want i just dont want too stop}i mean it only the parents fault not the gamemakers and everyone else in the USA. Do you think they should ban games or throw this case out the window?
    Last edited by halo3master; Aug 02, 2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: grammer

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: can they really call video games addictive

I think that the case should b tried based on the parents negligence, not 'cause of the fact that they were playin' video games. There's no concrete evidence that video games r so addictive that it would perpetuate such behavior. I don' think it would've mattered if they were playin' video games or not, they were more interested in enjoyin' themselves that they jus' decided ta ignore their responsibilities.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I think that the case should b tried based on the parents negligence, not 'cause of the fact that they were playin' video games. There's no concrete evidence that video games r so addictive that it would perpetuate such behavior. I don' think it would've mattered if they were playin' video games or not, they were more interested in enjoyin' themselves that they jus' decided ta ignore their responsibilities.
    Well spoken.

I agree completely and am embarressed in having to constantly hear dribble such as this. It is ridiculous how far some go to thrash entertainment. The fault lies with the parents and they should be considered as low level human beings. For god's sake, parents and dieing children? WTF man? Millions play and you don't hear much about these things. Yeah a kid dies every now and again from starvation or dehydration, but it isn't the Video Game industry that should be held accountable, the blame lies with the individuals and their overwhelming stupidity.

To think we have to actually apply warnings in the loading screens or have hotkeys functions to call the nearest pizza hut for food. Does anyone else see that as extremely disturbing? The first year I play EQ online for the PS2, I heard about a father beating his child to death because he interupted the guy while raiding.

Video games can be addictive, I believe that, but this isn't a nicotine or crack addiction. I swear I should just go into counseling for the gaming industry, from all I hear about the negative influence, I may make millions by doing so.

Pfttt, how idiotic do some have to be, really?

What I said may not help my statement, but I don't consider feeding and clothing yourself as overestimating the human race. When that is becomming a problem in society, I question humanity, not exntertainment.

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

i read up on this just a few mintues ago there gonna have more restrtions for kids to buy games with a gardian with them. like at midnight release of a game a parents has to show id to get the game a midnight same goes for all games that mature. also they ask for you age if your trying to buy a teen game and dont look old enough

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halo3master View Post
    i read up on this just a few mintues ago there gonna have more restrtions for kids to buy games with a gardian with them. like at midnight release of a game a parents has to show id to get the game a midnight same goes for all games that mature. also they ask for you age if your trying to buy a teen game and dont look old enough
    Great I suppose. Restrict access like buying cigarettes and alcohol. Hell, i never had a problem with this idea, but it won't make that much of a difference. This plan has been out since GTA 2 or what not, so what is the harm now?

This however is applied to video game graphic nature and mature titles sold to minors or children. I agree with it, but again, it won't make a difference since the parents are generally the ones who buy the video games for the kids anyways.

Thanks

yeah i guess i see the point of have to restrict game when parents will buy the game for there kids if they see the kids are too young i only one type of game the should restrict and the AO adult only games

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Great I suppose. Restrict access like buying cigarettes and alcohol. Hell, i never had a problem with this idea, but it won't make that much of a difference. This plan has been out since GTA 2 or what not, so what is the harm now?

This however is applied to video game graphic nature and mature titles sold to minors or children. I agree with it, but again, it won't make a difference since the parents are generally the ones who buy the video games for the kids anyways.
    That's correct, and it's usually these same parents that complain 'bout the violence in the video games, that they themselves r buyin' for their kids, and want ta get them banned. Sheesh. The plan won' work as long as parents themselves choose to remain ignorant.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Thanks

i dont even see any of violence in game i mean i see it on streets or hear about. i mean here in birmingham alabama some gets killed like everyother day by differnt person over something stupied. theve throws so many bad things at gta series people said they wanted to kille people the way the do in real life i think thats where all the bad hipe comes from

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast