+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: can they really call video games addictive

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: can they really call video games addictive

I'm an avid gamer. I DO think that video games ARE addictive, but to a certain degree. I'm not sellin' my body for game money, LOL. And they definetly should NOT be banned. I don't see how people can put the weight of all thier problems on the shoulders of the video game industry.

People have been hatin' on gamers and video games since 1985. You'd think that--now that we've got WAY more gamers here--people would cut us some slack. Sheesh...

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I'm an avid gamer. I DO think that video games ARE addictive, but to a certain degree. I'm not sellin' my body for game money, LOL. And they definetly should NOT be banned. I don't see how people can put the weight of all thier problems on the shoulders of the video game industry.

People have been hatin' on gamers and video games since 1985. You'd think that--now that we've got WAY more gamers here--people would cut us some slack. Sheesh...
    I think that is exactly how they justify their actions and beliefs though.

Daily, millions are being effected by the evil addictive source know as Video Games. Lives are destroyed, hunger, munchies, dehydration, the infinite number of blisters on innocent fingers, and the neverending struggle for the ultimate lan party, and don't forget the WOW incident of 2006! "Sigh" be apart of the solution people, stand up for the little man and ban the hobbit on your nearest computer screen.

Otaku chrystalann2004 is off to a good start chrystalann2004's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel that the parents of the kid should held resonable for there action.
    the kids should alway come before any game .

Its not the game makers fault at all it the parent are the at fault
    I thought is was computer game though.
    I could be the one who is wrong on that part.
    there some different game it funny some more addictive than other.
    sugar and sweet do same thing
    just some of anime as well .
    There many games gamers know how each one them can take before they go to. Every one is different to and so are there limts.
    In my eyes resibitiles should take care first exspeil if you got kid.
    well that what my sence to me .
    Last edited by chrystalann2004; Aug 02, 2007 at 12:32 PM.

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

I suppose video games can be addictive..but like some of you said to a certain degree. I mean not EVERYONE is addicted to video games. I know people who can't stand video games. Personally I love video games and would say I am addicted somewhat. Then again I like many other things...but I can stop playing video games anytime I want. About the whole parents thing...I think they were perfectly capable of quitting they just didn't want to. I think they may have kept procrastinating the needs of the children and then finally it became too late. I know how that sounds...but some people are actually like that. How old were the children? I assume they weren't old enough to take care of theirselves.

I do not think it was the video game maker's fault though...how were they supposed to know this would happen when they created the video game??? How do any of the maker's in cases like these ever know?
    Dear Dinah...

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    I think that is exactly how they justify their actions and beliefs though.

Daily, millions are being effected by the evil addictive source know as Video Games. Lives are destroyed, hunger, munchies, dehydration, the infinite number of blisters on innocent fingers, and the neverending struggle for the ultimate lan party, and don't forget the WOW incident of 2006! "Sigh" be apart of the solution people, stand up for the little man and ban the hobbit on your nearest computer screen.
    so are u with the ban my life hasnt been destroyed though i have had blisters on my fingers i dont see as additive i see it as a escape from the real world like women like to go to the spa or go shopping

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halo3master View Post
    so are u with the ban my life hasnt been destroyed though i have had blisters on my fingers i dont see as additive i see it as a escape from the real world like women like to go to the spa or go shopping
    Refer to my first post. I wish that my last held a greater sense of sarcasm, but not everything is that convenient I suppose.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

yes they can, but it's a different kind of addiction...

it's a mental one, you THINK you have to have it, but all you really need to do is forget about it... which is very hard to do... a bodily addiction (drugs, alcohol, caffine) makes the bidy itself crave it... a mental one (such as videmo gaves) makes the mind crave it...

two different things...

Otaku trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy may be famous one day trustworthy's Avatar
    Thanks

It is the parents fault, not the game.
    Sure games are adictive. Well, lets guess why, because they take us from reality, which sucks, at least some of the time, to a reality that is amazing.

I have no problem admiting that I am adicted to it, that I want to play them, but I can stop, and do when I have to do something. That is what you do. You Prioritize.

Guess what else, it's not just games that I, or other people are addicted to, Anime, TV, Movies, and even books. I mean, come on, did you see all the people, including myself waiting for the seventh book of harry potter. I sometimes think of skipping work because I don't want to stop reading, but I do, the same goes with games.

The main difference between these addictions, and others, is they don't harm you. You may allow harm to come apon you and others because you don't want to stop, but that is you, not the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast