+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we use Non-Violence to destroy terrorism?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can we use Non-Violence to destroy terrorism?

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Unfortunatly using non-vilolance isant an option with there terrorists as they see the western civilization, not just the US, as people who should all be killed because we are infidells and that they are sent to kill us because it is Allas will.
    Except that Allah's will isn't to "Destroy the Infidels", his will is Peace Love and Happiness, it is only the radical interpretations (dare I say corruption) of the Qur'an's Teachings that says that all Infidels must be killed.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Except that Allah's will isn't to "Destroy the Infidels", his will is Peace Love and Happiness, it is only the radical interpretations (dare I say corruption) of the Qur'an's Teachings that says that all Infidels must be killed.
    Yes, your are correct and I should have made that clear. There is in fact two seperate interpritations. One is the Exstream form of Islam, also some times called the "political version" which takes words and phrases from the Koran and spins it into something that justifies an individual or groups actions into a violant perversion of the faith.

I was mearly speaking from the mind set of the terrorists and the form of Islam they wish to spred.
    Fortunatly, there is a group here with in the US that is operated and owned by Moderat Muslems, their goal is to try and turn other muslams away from the ratical exstrimests.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

it depends, non violence will not help because radical muslims are messed up and have twisted everything around, and try to influence other muslims thats allahs way and what he wants you to do.
    which is completley not true, the quran does not state anywhere that "infidels should be destroyed" only that you can try to turn them to islam, and teach them the ways of our religion, and if they dont want to, then let them be.

another thing is, with the US still in an area and most likley will stay, it only makes things worse for them. Most countries do not like the US, and never have, and when the US power falls, then their in for their own dose of what alot of american troops have been doing to iranian people and children. Here in the US television is controlled so you dont see much of what really goes on, but in other countries they show another side to the same story with the same information, as well as more of the reality of whats really happening there . They dont need to be there anymore, theres really no reason to stay longer to worsen there own situation.

Their trying to take force over the oil of those countries, as well as help stop somethng thats been going on in that region for millions of years, fighting between palastine, and isreal. which will never stop for different reasons. The US is putting limitations on a coutry that is now basically under their control, and alot of soldiers from the US and isreal treat palastine people wrong. If you watched some treat your mother or sister badly, or killed them in front of your face what lengths would you too to get revenge. Ive heard stories from people in that area, and seen some videos and what they do to those people is just unhuman and uncompassionate towards human life.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

You are half right Clover, you are right that the terroristst are wack jobs and all that and have created a monster out of a reletivly peacfull faith. How ever, your staments about how the US have been treating this, as well as for our reasons of getting involved is slightly esque.
    For one, the reason why we went there for the oil which was brought about Iraq as many people believe is actually falls, we havent taken oil from there at all.
    Second, the news media, Algesiry (I know I didn't spell that at all correctly) and many other news medias, not all but many in the middle east are actually terrorist sympothisers and there for can't really trust what they say.
    As for our news media, and expesially the main stream media is all political and full of BS so I would agree with you on that one.
    Now people give the US a lot of crap about supporting Isreal, well for one, we are allies so of cores we are going to back them, and secondly and a huge thing people need to know is that many palastinians in power who seek to destroy Isreal, most notably Iran, are attempting to attain nukes and have said they were openly. Now take into account that Isreal already has nukes, and said that any threat against them by an aggressor who threatens them with nukes will be vaporized in a premptive strike.
    So if the US, NATO, UN, don't get involved and allow this to happen, the middle east would be nothing more then a smoldering radio active crator with millians of people dead. Does that sound better? Oh lets not forget that winds would spread the radiation around into Europe, Asia, and Africa.
    So lets just let the Isealies and Palastinians completely blast each other into oblivian as that would be the right thing to do. But wait, we would catch hell for that to for not doing anything to stop it. What a pickle we find our selves in. Damned if you do and damned if you don't situations are fun arnt they?
    Another thing, the US doesnt control Afganistan at all, the Afgan Gov. does.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

No because then they'd just use weapons anyways. I don't think it's even possible to consider that, look at Die Hard for example.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Since humans are always gonna find some reason-any reason- to be afraid, no, non-violence wouldn't bring an end to the "War" On Terror.

I think trying to war on an abstract idea will never go well, especially the way it has and is handled. More killing generates more fear....which becomes terror. Then again, propoganda creates fear too, so that's terrorism. Any form of generating fear is terrorism.

Well, considering what "smart" animals humans are, everyone's too busy trying to prove themselves right to actually put up a fight against "Terror". America, Al-Qaida, The Jews(Israel), The Taliban, The Palestinians.........one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter and vice versa.............but in the end, everyone's a terrorist. If you use fear to get your point across......well you're a terrorist, no matter how "Noble" your intentions are.

The typical "Right or Wrong" mentality of the human race is what's been holding the species back. Arrogance of point of view and belief that those who are against one's opinion are so wrong..........

Honestly, I'm waiting for everyone to just say "**** it!" and go ahead with the mass suicidal extinction of us all. I think an Apocalypse is what we need to be set straight......
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TaurusDemon23 For This Useful Post:

SamuraiDude128 (Dec 22, 2009)

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    Well if not non-violence then are full -blown strikes really the only other option?

The best strategy for the state (US) is not to retaliate with military force--whether limited surgical strikes or a full-blown invasion of ground and air forces. A heavy-handed military response is just what the terrorist are hoping for, as it keeps their cause in the spotlight and turns locals against the US.

But this is still using violence which in turn will allow more innocent lives lost on top of the danger of sparking a war later in years on the same cause. The threat of a nuclear war on heightens when such battles are continuously fought, which is exactly opposite of what we want to happen--so i still say a more patient approach is required.

Yes, it may take 10 years, but the main issue is the lack of understanding for each other and thus creating these kinds of problems, goal is to gain more allies and limit the number of enemies through the means of peace and treaty, this will eliminate any future wars with that country
    To this point, I'd like to ponder this: Does anyone even realize the power of these things in today's society? I wouldn't know for sure, obviously, but enough of those godforsaken things and I bet we're either headed to a nuclear winter or just a quick ending to human life. Really, I sincerely hope nothing of nuclear in the context happens, or we may as well be doomed. I hope the "terrorists" realize that in their "goal."

Though I agree. It may take years upon years, though I'd much rather hope to god it doesn't. I just want a peace, but still. We need to understand another better or we're screwed. It's just...ugh.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Speed Cards Champion, Foxhole 13 Champion, Commander Keen - Marooned on Mars Champion, Block Down Champion, Cubis 2 : Arcade Champion, Animal Connect Champion, Color Reactor 2 Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Cubis 2 : Morph-Fun Champion, SputNik Champion, Blast The Enemy Champion, Prison Escape Champion, Shock Defence Champion ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103 may be famous one day ConradGuravitch103's Avatar
    Thanks

Putting it frankly, we've tried non-violent resolution. The onlything that violence understands is more violence. There is nothing else that can send as clear of a message.
    I've seen all you here before at the rise and the fall, lets go down and ring the bell at the Levity Ball.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ConradGuravitch103 For This Useful Post:

anime_being_god (Dec 22, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast