+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Can we use Non-Violence to destroy terrorism?

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can we use Non-Violence to destroy terrorism?

Quote Originally Posted by ConradGuravitch103 View Post
    Putting it frankly, we've tried non-violent resolution. The onlything that violence understands is more violence. There is nothing else that can send as clear of a message.
    Though I am preaching non-violence, I still believe that we must (at all cost) stop terrorist from getting their hands on Nuclear weapons, who knows what kind of problems that could cause for, not only the US, but possible the whole UN and other nations..

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

Very good thread

I think is not possible. . .but also a solution to terrorism is very hard.

It's because a different point of view. . .we're the good boys and they are the bad boys. . .but they have they reasons, faith questions (some radical questions). . . also the economy and the education things. . . it's very hard, because that people have a another way of life. . . they have another ideas and with only words they don't change never. . . but the violence have more and more deaths. A simple solution is very complicated by itself
    "Knowledge is power"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Non-violence has its pros and cons. I personally believe that if the issue is "in-house" then non-violence is pretty effective. Martin Luther King, Jr. led thousands of black people in an effort to obtain equal rights and they remained non-violent. Though he died before any changes occurred, people still got the message. They took beatings, vicious dogs and probably bullets and what-not; yet they remained non-violent. That's dedication to your beliefs right there.

However--now that I've started to stray from my point--if the issue is overseas, you gotta choose your battles; depending on who you're dealing with. Will a radical Muslim terrorist cell just drop their weapons and say they will comply with our wishes because we've stopped shooting and bombing? Probably not. There are radical Muslims IN the US and though they are not terrorists, they go so far as to say you can't ride in their cab with alcohol. If you go grocery shopping and a radical is working at the register, he/she will not scan the ham that you wish to purchase. I know a Muslim that says that if I draw people (even if it's manga style), I will go to hell. There have been countless battles in the past because religion was involved.

So, will non-violence work against terrorists? I would hope so, but realistically; I doubt it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

syrayian (Jan 11, 2010)

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post

So, will non-violence work against terrorists? I would hope so, but realistically; I doubt it.
    That's the better sentence that i read today . . .

All great-mind people in the past like Ghandi, Martin Luther and other had a dream. . . a world without violence. . . that's a good dream. . . but in this moment is only a dream.
    "Knowledge is power"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Take a look at this:
    Yemen's president open to dialogue with al-Qaida - Yahoo! News

Apparently, Yemen seeks to solve it's terrorism problem through non-violence. Talking to al-Qaeda members in hopes that they will turn it's members in Yemen in to non-violent individuals; rather than forcing them out of the country. Granted, they have to put on the "kid gloves" in fear of an al-Qaeda uprising in Yemen, I think that this approach may not work in their favor. Here are two parts from the article that reinforce my thoughts on this:

But President Ali Abdullah Saleh's comments raised the possiblity he could continue a policy that has frustrated U.S. officials in the past — releasing al-Qaeda militants on promises they will not engage in terrorism again.
    Several have since broken those promises and are believed to have returned to al-Qaeda's ranks.
    In the past, Yemeni officials have defended the reconciliation policy as a necessity, saying force alone cannot stop al-Qaida.
    Well, apparently, asking nicely can't stop them either!! Especially when they can't tell who's extremist and who isn't, due to family, tribal and military affiliations all over the country of Yemen!

I'm still unsure about the use of non-violence against terrorism. I know that violence only begets more violence. However, I don't think that saying, "Will you please knock that off," is gonna work either.

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

World peace, end of terrorism, love & harmony, etc,
    these are all fantasies which are almost impossible; violence existed since the ancient times, whatever we do; we can never achieve those goals; It's far beyond us; individuals
    "If you do not believe in yourself, hardwork is useless"
    "Might Gai" from "Naruto"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AstralMage01 View Post
    World peace, end of terrorism, love & harmony, etc,
    these are all fantasies which are almost impossible; violence existed since the ancient times, whatever we do; we can never achieve those goals; It's far beyond us; individuals
    We're not talkin' about destroying violence. We're talking about ending terrorism. Yeah, violence has existed since the dawn of time and yes, it's more than likely not gonna stop. But what we're talkin' about is ending acts of terror through non-violence. Terrorism has NOT existed since the dawn of time. There's a difference between waging war and carrying out acts of terrorism. I'm sure that non-violence wouldn't end a war--unless you're surrendering. But could it be possible that terrorism could be stopped by non-violence?

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Terrorism-The act of inciting terror- will never be defeated as long as humans use fear to get their points across. It HAS existed since humans have been around. I'm sure the cavemen found ways to terrorize their neighbors when they found them for several different reasons. What easier way to take control of something than to scare the current keepers away? Terrorism works too damn well for anyone to truly end the shit.

In order to defeat terrorism, you'd have to get rid of fear. To get rid of fear in a species like ours? Won't happen. Never, eeeeeeever will. It's another one of them vicious cycles that will never end, like child abuse.

Those who think we can get rid of terrorism are chasing rainbows. While we're at it, we might as well make everyone quit smoking........both sound equally ludicrous. Hey.....maybe we can create pegasi and griffons too! If we could make people quit fearing things, there'd be no limit to what we could do, huh?
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast