+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Can we use Non-Violence to destroy terrorism?

Newbie junoh237 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Can we use Non-Violence to destroy terrorism?

i think its impossible for that to happen..cause it will be too easy for the terrorist to do what they want..cause they wont be no longer be scared cause they got the fire power..

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

that's very possible. the reason why terrorism came to be is because society regards these people as a minority...ignored people; but true to the matter of fact that they are still citizens and they should be given equal attention same as the majority. so the only possible way? instead of dropping bombs, try dropping food.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Newbie david564nelson is off to a good start david564nelson's Avatar
    messa live in britain but in my hollidays i go to holland
    Thanks

with all this terroris the reason i think it all happend is because most of the worlds damn army's are there if we withdrew we might actualy see some peace in the midle east and not stupid plains raining down on buildings nobody since the invasion of the middle east under whoever the heck it was has actualy thought about that since there are always at least 3000 soldiers from either america or europe in each middle eastern country no wonder all the terorists are pissed of just think about it if your country is under the controll of another country and that other country wont leave id be very pissed.
    and yes some people regard them as a minority like at school if pople are starting to anoy me then its usualy because they treat me like dirt i know other people in the world get treated worse than that but its still anoying...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    Terrorism-The act of inciting terror- will never be defeated as long as humans use fear to get their points across. It HAS existed since humans have been around. I'm sure the cavemen found ways to terrorize their neighbors when they found them for several different reasons. What easier way to take control of something than to scare the current keepers away? Terrorism works too damn well for anyone to truly end the shit.

In order to defeat terrorism, you'd have to get rid of fear. To get rid of fear in a species like ours? Won't happen. Never, eeeeeeever will. It's another one of them vicious cycles that will never end, like child abuse.

Those who think we can get rid of terrorism are chasing rainbows. While we're at it, we might as well make everyone quit smoking........both sound equally ludicrous. Hey.....maybe we can create pegasi and griffons too! If we could make people quit fearing things, there'd be no limit to what we could do, huh?
    Just because you're sure about something, it doesn't mean that's how it went down. I can theorize as well, but does that mean that it's fact? We'll look at it your way for a second anyway. Say you scare the sh*t out of your neighbor to keep or get what you wanted. That's not necessarily terrorism. That's more like intimidation, or bullying. So, the kid who beats you up if you don't give him your lunch money is a terrorist? The 16 year old kids who try to rob people at gunpoint to look cool in front of their friends are terrorists? Are the people who use morbid facts/statistics in order for them to "scare" us in to quitting smoking terrorists? I think not. There's a difference in inciting fear in a couple of people (IE: your neighbors) and creating a sense of fear/terror in an entire nation. They're not after our lunch money, or the last five bucks in our wallets. They're trying to change the establishment in which we live, or END it all together.

Terrorism and bullying/intimidation are like apples and oranges.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I disagree. I've been on both ends of the bullying spectrum, and there most definitly is TERROR. So, yes. Bullying and Intimidation is Terrorism, yet on a smaller scale. So yes, bullies are small time terrorists. Intimidators are terrorists. Propagandists are terrorists.

Apples and oranges, my ass. It's more like comparing Small to Big Gulp sizes. Intimidation and Terrorism ARE the same thing. It's all using fear to get what you want, right?
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Newbie syrayian is off to a good start syrayian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    I disagree. I've been on both ends of the bullying spectrum, and there most definitly is TERROR. So, yes. Bullying and Intimidation is Terrorism, yet on a smaller scale. So yes, bullies are small time terrorists. Intimidators are terrorists. Propagandists are terrorists.

Apples and oranges, my ass. It's more like comparing Small to Big Gulp sizes. Intimidation and Terrorism ARE the same thing. It's all using fear to get what you want, right?
    *walks in*

I don't agree, because terrorists hurt people for something they believe to be for the sake of good, bullies just like to make people around feel small for no good reason.

Otaku ToxicShadow is off to a good start ToxicShadow's Avatar
    Thanks

truthfully we cant settle it with non violence but non violence is the best option because if we try to use force all they will do is kill more of our people we should try settling it with less violence as possible think about our country guys honestly thanks for listening
    Hold me Like you held on to life When all fears came alive and entombed me Love me Like you love the sun Scorching the blood in my vampire heart

Newbie syrayian is off to a good start syrayian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicShadow View Post
    truthfully we cant settle it with non violence but non violence is the best option because if we try to use force all they will do is kill more of our people we should try settling it with less violence as possible think about our country guys honestly thanks for listening
    *Dashes in*

No way man they hate us for who we are and what rights we have.We don't take them down they'll take us down. I don't approve of killing humans but lets face the facts we don't force them to stop they'll continue to hurt people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast