+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cancer

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cancer

Cancer isn't something anyone should have to get used to whether it is happening to you personally or someone close, but cancer is an everyday thing for me. Right now, I know three people, all family, diagnosed with some kind of cancer.

The first I heard about was my younger ousin who just started High School last year. When it hit she lost all of her hair (beautiful hair mind you), she was bald for months and was expected to die within a few months. Though, through some miraculous surgery she is making a complete recovery, her hair is all back.

Next one I heard about get cancer was my own sister, younger as well, and when she heard about it she was a freshman in high school, I was a senior. The strange thing is with her is that she has multiple kinds of cancer, one in her right arm and the other in her brain/skull. The one in her arm is benigne, but the slightest contact with it could make it active and if that happens, aputation. The other cancer makes her forget things real easy (except if it is something she really cares for like her otaku music collection). She also has less reaction time, physically, then an average person her age. She has surgery this winter/spring in hopes to remove the one in her brain.

The last is my grandmother who nearly died two years back, EXTREMELY horrible sickness from her lung cancer, but she is living just fine today, waiting for death both happily and not like some old people; on one hand she knows the suffering will end, but the other she can't bear to leave her children.

All of these people are either on my dad's side of the family or a spawn of him (sister). his entire family's side has had horrible history with cancer and it is predominate in females.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Damn Gall, that's just gnarly.
    Tell me about it... For me the worst part was waiting for the initial results, that "maybe or maybe not" was really nerv breaking.

As for the treatment (after the radiation), Blood tests every three months, and CT scans every six months, isn't that bad as doing chemo...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    Tell me about it... For me the worst part was waiting for the initial results, that "maybe or maybe not" was really nerv breaking.

As for the treatment (after the radiation), Blood tests every three months, and CT scans every six months, isn't that bad as doing chemo...
    hey all that matter is that you're still here amirite?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry to hear about that Gallcomp.

I'm from southern Utah so, thanks to the Nevada test site, I know a lot of people who have/had cancer.

Ages? They vary a great deal. I think the youngest was not quite 20 (a friend and mother of 1) and the oldest was around 80 (a relative).

Types? Everything from Thyroid to Breast cancer and everything in-between.

Some made it and some didn't. I figure growing up where I did it is only a matter of time until it's my turn. The only question is when and what type. I'm fine with that though, everyone dies sometime and maybe it actually won't kill me, so far it's been about 50/50.

On a more personal level both of my parents have had cancer, it killed one of them (50/50). I miss them of course but by the time the Dr's found it there was nothing that could be done. The end was quick and peaceful so it could have been much worse. Caring for a loved one at the end of their life, however it comes, is a real blessing. If you let it it can teach you things that you will never learn otherwise. My experiences have blessed me in ways I would have never expected and in the end I am better for it. I have a strong belief in an afterlife though and look forward to seeing all my friends and family who have died, from cancer or not, again. In the meantime we pray for the ones who are still with us.

So why do you ask Legend?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Hoping for an "intelligent" discussion that's why I put it here. If it is too personal for you then by all means skip this thread.

How many of you either has battle or know someone really close(not like my friend's teacher's relative whom you barely know) to you that battled/ling cancer??

1) How old was the person when diagnosed?
    2) What kind of cancer, and what kind of treatment was done??
    3) Did he or she made it through?

Anything else you want to share too would be welcomed.
    My good friend Kat who is 17 years old was diagnose with skin cancer. Luckily her family found this very early on and being one of the more easily treated cancers were able to get it removed with no problem. So far there has been no indication of its return sense they discovered it back in early of last year. She must go to the Dr. for check up every now and then to make sure it stays gone and so far she is in perfect health.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

My grandmother on my mother's side was diagnosed about a year ago. She has leukemia. It was certainly a long and arduous process to get her some help, and she was in stage 4 of 5 of the spreading process. This means she was basically knocking at death's door. Luckily for us she went into remission and she is now pulling through and being her senile old self again!

And this woman is very important to me because i was her 60th birthday present. That's right. My grandmother and I share a birthday.
    Why hello there!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    So why do you ask Legend?
    My mother just got diagnosed, so I just wanna see the experiences of people here. It's funny (perhaps not the right world), but until you ask you don't realize how many people around you either have cancer or have a loved one that does.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Wow ... I really feel sorry for you. Wish your mom all the best!
    My aunt once had lung cancer (smoked (still smokes ) a lot), but I can't recall that detailed enough it really was long ago ... I just remember that I felt sorry for her. But actually I didn't really comprehend how serious the situation was back then. Luckily, everything turned out to be alright.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast