+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cancer

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    My mother just got diagnosed, so I just wanna see the experiences of people here. It's funny (perhaps not the right world), but until you ask you don't realize how many people around you either have cancer or have a loved one that does.
    Well that's mainly because it's an umbrella term. Which makes people who have 'cancer' quite numerous even though many of them don't really suffer from the same disease.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

You have my sympathies legend. Can we ask which kind?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Lung and Pancreatic cancer is what I know for now thanks to those poor excuses for doctors

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Lung and Pancreatic cancer is what I know for now thanks to those poor excuses for doctors
    Well, good luck with that. Pancreatic cancer is usually a death sentence.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Well, good luck with that. Pancreatic cancer is usually a death sentence.
    Already mentioned that, thank you.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Thanks

What I mean is: At 70, maybe it's best to take a look at making the final days the best they can be instead of trying to hold off something which might only add a few years in almost constant discomfort.

But you keep talking about a doctor messing up. Why exactly do you think he/she is incompetent?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    What I mean is: At 70, maybe it's best to take a look at making the final days the best they can be instead of trying to hold off something which might only add a few years in almost constant discomfort.

But you keep talking about a doctor messing up. Why exactly do you think he/she is incompetent?
    lol oh wait no, my mother is not 70 years old. She is in her late 50s but all the working and stuff has given her joint pains and stuff. So at her numerical age all of us feel like let's give it a shot at least. To be honest I know of the two results, and it's just a matter of time and flipping the face down card over. But at the same time we are financially okay, so as a family we don't want any regrets and what-ifs.

Regarding the lashing out, I feel like there wasn't enough due diligence (is that the correct term). Incompetent I guess is a bit harsh, but I just wish while my mother was complaining about abdominal pain and discomfort in different areas of the torso that doctors would have taken a step back and think about why, instead of just treating the symptoms with pills.

When this thread was started, at that point we were told it hasn't spread and it was only in the pancreas. Now, it is in the lungs.

Thanks

lol oh wait no, my mother is not 70 years old. She is in her late 50s but all the working and stuff has given her joint pains and stuff. So at her numerical age all of us feel like let's give it a shot at least. To be honest I know of the two results, and it's just a matter of time and flipping the face down card over. But at the same time we are financially okay, so as a family we don't want any regrets and what-ifs.

Regarding the lashing out, I feel like there wasn't enough due diligence (is that the correct term). Incompetent I guess is a bit harsh, but I just wish while my mother was complaining about abdominal pain and discomfort in different areas of the torso that doctors would have taken a step back and think about why, instead of just treating the symptoms with pills.

When this thread was started, at that point we were told it hasn't spread and it was only in the pancreas. Now, it is in the lungs.
    Ah, my mistake. I read that age thing wrong.

So is it lung cancer or has the cancer just metastasized to her lungs? Both cancers can reportedly be caused by smoking.

And if it's metastasized to the lungs, I'd REALLY consider the palliative direction. Quality over quantity any day as far as I'm concerned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast