+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannabis Consumption vs Alcohol Consumption

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Cannabis Consumption vs Alcohol Consumption

Im pretty sure we've talked a little about this before, but I seriously dont think that it was thoroughly talked about with fatcts and all seriousness. So I am re-discussing this topic.

There has been many arguments over this topic on Government and Congress levels through out the world actually. Most people like myself and the American Marijuana Policy Project, who are a pro-marijuana organization are saying if the dangers of Alcohol is allowed, then why not the use of Cannabis?

According to the New Scientist Magaizne, Issue 2563, Cannabis(marijuana) was and still is placed behind alcohol and classified as a Class C substance, with Class A being the most harmful. Alcohol was placed at Class B.

The results from the Drug-danger 'leauge table' were revealed in August of 06'
    that showed alcohol consumption causes severe motor skill definceny, to the point where one cannot perform any physical or mental activities that deal with coordinated tasks, judgment and decision making is also severly declined. Also a feeling of juminess and nervousness, shakiness, easily exicted, emtionally volatility, rapid changes in emtion, depression, fatigue, diffculty with clear thinking, and the list goes on.....

Results from the Marijuana test, numbers compared to the alcohol test werent NEARLY as bad, marijuana has somewhat similar deficiencies, but instead of serverly damaging one's ability compared to when their sober, it merely just slows them down.
    Also where you can drink and drive to the point of death, there has been no cases where the same extend came from Marijuana.

Also, Marijuana is FAR less addictive than Alcohol, Marijuana has been smoked by nearly 50% of ALL Americans, and only 1% of the number smoke regulary.
    Hundreds of reported deaths are linked to Alcohol consumption, it is the direct cause of tens of thousands of deaths in the U.S. alone each year. And yet it is still legal and Marijuana is not.( 331 alcohol overdose deaths and 0 marijuana overdose deaths)

SO ppl of AO tell me WHY is Alcohol as dangerous as it is , still legal and Marijuana which has proof that is less harmful than Alcohol illegal?

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cannabis Consumption vs Alcohol Consumption

We have enough legal drugs(Alcohol,cigarettes, etc..) why do we need another? They cause enough S*it. If you make it legal, you'll have millions of new users, and we have enough stupid ppl in this country. We don't need to make them more stupid. lol

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    We have enough legal drugs(Alcohol,cigarettes, etc..) why do we need another? They cause enough S*it. If you make it legal, you'll have millions of new users, and we have enough stupid ppl in this country. We don't need to make them more stupid. lol
    Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    Also where you can drink and drive to the point of death, there has been no cases where the same extend came from Marijuana.
    SO ppl of AO tell me WHY is Alcohol as dangerous as it is , still legal and Marijuana which has proof that is less harmful than Alcohol illegal?
    Did you know if you swim nude with hungry piranha's they won't eat you? What? There is no proof of that? That's ok, the fact there hasn't been an actual study that proves it ISN'T true means it is. Just the same as the claims you just quoted concerning a lack of connections between marijuana and deaths from driving. There are no studies on the subject and they haven't even considered doing them until the last year or so. When was that study you looked at made again?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Soulreaperkilala is off to a good start Soulreaperkilala's Avatar
    Thanks

We need Weed weed is the nauturlest drug out there it helps people forget about there problems and shit and theres no bad hangover or shit or addiction with draw with it i use it when i cna and when i can go forever with out any
    http://www.myspace.com/soulreaperkilalasac

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

When it comes to these kind of questions, they have to draw a line. If they start allowing marijuana then eventually someone will want to legalize crystal meth or cocaine. They will find something good about it and start campaigning on it. If they don't draw a line somewhere, people will just push and push until they get everything they want.

As for Alcohol, its already be done and proved to be a complete disaster. The band of alcohol only led to the rise of the mafia and crime. When something that has been apart of society for thousands of years gets taken away it only leads to bad things.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a question I have put a lot of thought into and have debated in my mind multiple times.

I will say this. I do think that it is very hypocritical that alcohol and tobacco is legal and yet marijuana, a drug that is considered healthier by many scientists, is illegal.

Marijuana is considered to have much of the same long-term effects as tobacco in the long term though some of it is just theory or speculation. I am reading an article from a site now on NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse). One says that it could lead to cancer but this is mainly just theory which comes from the fact that cannabis contains some of the same or even more of the cancer-causing chemicals as tobacco.

Users usually develop the same kind of breathing issues as tobacco smokers do that involve coughing and wheezing. It also leaves them more vulnerable to lung infections such as pneumonia.

It also affects the immune system as well because animal studies have shown that THC can damage the cells and tissues in the body that help battle disease. Of course it could be argued that the bodies of animals are different from humans so how it effects them doesn't necessarily mean that it will effect the human body in the same way but that is a whole different debate.

So from reading this it seems to have about the same potency as tobacco or alcohol if not less. From what I understand the only reason the drug is outlawed is the fact that the drug is considered a gateway drug but the two mentioned drugs could be considered gateways drugs as well. I may be wrong on that assumption so someone correct me if I am wrong.

There is also the theory that the illegalization of the drug raises the temptation of obtaining the drug so legalizing it would lessen or even diminish that temptation therefore the recreational use of marijuana would decrease. I can kind of see the sense in that theory but you could apply that theory to more serious drugs such as crystal meth and I certainly don't want that legalized.

Overall, I wouldn't mind if marijuana was legalized since it does seem to have about the same level of potency in my opinion as tobacco and alcohol. If it was legalized though I would want it regulated similar to how alcohol is. I don't think you should drive when you are under the influence of cannabis for one thing because it does disorient the mind and I don't think a person should sell marijuana from their own home or buy it from someone else's.

At the very least, I think it should be used medically because it is a very good painkiller for cancer patients. Though now that I think about it that is kind of twisted in a way considering there is speculation that marijuana can lead to cancer but again that has not been proven so that is not solid fact.

Woo! Man, I haven't put that much effort into a response in a while but like I said I have thought about this issue a lot. Oh yeah, if any of you are curious about the site I got some information from here is a link.

NIDA - Publications - Marijuana: Facts for Teens

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priestess Angel For This Useful Post:

nexusolus (Apr 10, 2008), Soulreaperkilala (Apr 09, 2008)

Newbie Soulreaperkilala is off to a good start Soulreaperkilala's Avatar
    Thanks

Im a supporter of it im Clincle Anxiety with server Hyperactive and Mary Jane is the only thing that has helped me it seems to clam me down and make my mood mellow out
    http://www.myspace.com/soulreaperkilalasac

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

One says that it could lead to cancer but this is mainly just theory which comes from the fact that cannabis contains some of the same or even more of the cancer-causing chemicals as tobacco.

Users usually develop the same kind of breathing issues as tobacco smokers do that involve coughing and wheezing. It also leaves them more vulnerable to lung infections such as pneumonia.
    Yes, so lets legalize it so we have even higher health care cost. Yea!!

There is also the theory that the illegalization of the drug raises the temptation of obtaining the drug so legalizing it would lessen or even diminish that temptation therefore the recreational use of marijuana would decrease.

That maybe true, but since it legal, more easy to get, and now more of it out there, you'll have a zillion new pot heads.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast