+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannabis Consumption vs Alcohol Consumption

Newbie Young Wolf is off to a good start Young Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cannabis Consumption vs Alcohol Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    Just looking at these arguements makes me laugh. "Hey let's keep marijuana banned and have the cancer paitents die from the common cold. Yeah let's have the glaucoma paitents suffer also. Who cares about blind people and cancer paitents?" Yeah sounds like a great plan. *rolls eyes* Not.

It has been proven countlessly over the past 400 years and possibly longer than that marijuana can't kill you alone. Of course you're going to have people side with the scientists that do inaccurate tests on bloody mice. (of course smoke will kill the mice, they're respiratory system is smaller than ours). All marijuana is going to do is kill some brain cells. ZOMG let's ban something can kills some brain cells you might not need, that can make you see better, and makes cancer people build up immunity (eating) but let's keep something that kills almost every single major organ in your body minus your ears. Yes that seems like a very intelligent thing to do.

And here is something to help those who don't understand what anime_being_god is saying or for those who can't see.

CLASS A-HARMFUL DRUGS (COCAINE)
    CLASS B-SEMI HARMFUL DRUGS THAT CAN KILL YOU(ALCHOHAL AND TOBACCO)
    CLASS C- LESS HARMFUL DRUGS(MARIJUANA)
    i agree with you fully
    also if we wernt supposed to have weed then why did god put it on the planet, why did jesus wear it around his waist, and why is there seveal thing in the bible saying stuff like"thou sall eat the herb of the earth" and "i give to you every seed bearing plant"
    fear me
    i am lycan other kin

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    Just looking at these arguements makes me laugh. "Hey let's keep marijuana banned and have the cancer paitents die from the common cold. Yeah let's have the glaucoma paitents suffer also. Who cares about blind people and cancer paitents?" Yeah sounds like a great plan. *rolls eyes* Not.

It has been proven countlessly over the past 400 years and possibly longer than that marijuana can't kill you alone. Of course you're going to have people side with the scientists that do inaccurate tests on bloody mice. (of course smoke will kill the mice, they're respiratory system is smaller than ours). All marijuana is going to do is kill some brain cells. ZOMG let's ban something can kills some brain cells you might not need, that can make you see better, and makes cancer people build up immunity (eating) but let's keep something that kills almost every single major organ in your body minus your ears. Yes that seems like a very intelligent thing to do.

And here is something to help those who don't understand what anime_being_god is saying or for those who can't see.

CLASS A-HARMFUL DRUGS (COCAINE)
    CLASS B-SEMI HARMFUL DRUGS THAT CAN KILL YOU(ALCHOHAL AND TOBACCO)
    CLASS C- LESS HARMFUL DRUGS(MARIJUANA)

and I would also like to add that you can't trust anything the Government says because they copy and paste the deadly symptoms of tobacco and apply it to marijuana. Even the AMA (American Medical Association) has been saying that weed isn't dangerous.

If people inject snake poison in their face to stay youthful. Then I can smoke weed to stay being able to see.

yea thanx!

I fully agree as well, marijuana is already has been legal in many other countries and no problems seem to stem from that, so why not US?

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not personally debating its negative effect nor its possible uses. What I am saying is that it is best to keep it out of the hands of those WHO DONT NEED IT AND WILL ABUSE IT because we have enough shit flying around as it is. I have personally seen some guy smoking a joint stumbling around in the street before getting hit by a car. Their physical effects are miner yes but it screws with your head. Also excessive alcohol is bad, but in truth, having a little bit is good for your body as it cleans your system with out harm. Weed may have its benefits but it also has the potential of being abused like alcohol. We already tried to remove alcohol and that blew up in our faces, other wise we would have gotten rid of alcohol drinks long ago. So what the gov is trying to do is avoid another substance that will be eventually abused like alcohol.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yes, so lets legalize it so we have even higher health care cost. Yea!!
    I get what you're trying to say but my point is that marijuana has about the same effect as the currently legal drugs. Yes, it may cause cancer and yes it does cause lung problems but so does tobacco. Why is tobacco legal while marijuana isn't? In my opinion, alcohol and tobacco should either be illegalized or marijuana should be made legal because currently it just does not make sense.

I also believe that legalized drugs should be taxed like crazy so that can deter people from buying them and than that would put more money into the government that may boost our country economically but that is looking at it from the most optimistic of standpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    That maybe true, but since it legal, more easy to get, and now more of it out there, you'll have a zillion new pot heads.
    That is honestly hard to say. I would want to see statistics on a country that has legalized the drug and see the percentage of people that actually use it. Than I would want to compare it to the percent of people who use the drug in a country that has made the drug illegal. Then we could have a better view on what kind of difference it could make and whether or not my previously stated theory could actually work.

I tried to find some statistics on that last night but I couldn't find any so it's really hard for me to believe the theory because I haven't found any evidence that would prove it could work. If someone has found these kind of statistics I would be very grateful if you would post a link.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Apr 10, 2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Wanted to clarify something

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I am not personally debating its negative effect nor its possible uses. What I am saying is that it is best to keep it out of the hands of those WHO DONT NEED IT AND WILL ABUSE IT because we have enough shit flying around as it is. I have personally seen some guy smoking a joint stumbling around in the street before getting hit by a car. Their physical effects are miner yes but it screws with your head. Also excessive alcohol is bad, but in truth, having a little bit is good for your body as it cleans your system with out harm. Weed may have its benefits but it also has the potential of being abused like alcohol. We already tried to remove alcohol and that blew up in our faces, other wise we would have gotten rid of alcohol drinks long ago. So what the gov is trying to do is avoid another substance that will be eventually abused like alcohol.
    That's why you put an age limit and a tax on it. It's not that hard. Just regulate it like you would for alchohal or tobacco. Or do what California does and make it prescription only. And people abuse anything and everything. Welcome to America. It's good to do things in moderation. The problem is that most people don't know what moderation is. Banning something because of what morons do isn't a good idea. Period.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Just because marijuana would be legalized doesnt mean it has to be abused in such a large quanity as alcohol has been. Like I said look at Amsterdam...they have weed legal over there for many many years, and you never hear about such problems as many of you are thinking would happen. And like Ochi Gate has said earlier, legalizing Mary Jane might lower crime rate.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie Young Wolf is off to a good start Young Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

one prob the gov cant tax it cause you can grow it in your back yard
    fear me
    i am lycan other kin

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Young Wolf View Post
    one prob the gov cant tax it cause you can grow it in your back yard
    That's another reason why it will remain illegal. If you try to create your own alcohol, not only is it against the law but also because the quality is substandard and is HIGHLY poisonous because the lack of proper equipment. Weed is simple. Grow it, pluck it, smoke it. But for me personally, for those who say they have eye problem or some other ailment (when they don't have any problems) I say you light up a joint, and put it out in their eye. That's my prescribed use for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast