+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: capital punishment

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    So I take it you belive that it's impossible for the courts to make a mistake when someone is found guilty in a death penality case...
    No, of course not. It is possible and it has happened. But the odds are very small, especially in today's legal system. That is why there are appeals and all the other methods of reviewing a case.

most of them thing its cruel and unushall punishmen
    Have you heard how they are executed? In most states, it is now done by lethal ejection. They put a needle in your arm, give you the lethal drug and you fall asleep and die. No pain, no mess. They even have a doctor (or two) there. It is a much more humane way to die then most people get. Cruel and unusual punishment is stuff like "Draw and Quartering", "Impaling", and "Crucifiction". Now those were horrible ways to die. And all of them were performed for capital punishment.

Personally, I believe in the death penalty on a number of counts. The biggest being a deterrent to violent crime and as the harshest means of punishment available. But I also believe that someone on death row has the right to appeals and anything else that could grant their life. When those methods are exhausted, then the sentence should take place without any more delays.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Death is just an easy way out for some prisoners. Let them rot in jail. Give them the worst of conditions for the rest of their lives ( though it doesn't always happen now does it?)

Plus I feel sorry for those people who really were innocent, they paid the ultimate price, while the real murderer got away. At least if the wrongly accused is still alive, then during some course of the jail term, some evidence proving him innocent can get him out. You can bring back a dead innocent person.

Newbie xsweetmegx may be famous one day xsweetmegx may be famous one day xsweetmegx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow, you brought up a great point. Although, my opinion on this differs from yours. I feel that the prisoners ought to die for the crimes they committed- I mean, Ghandi had the right idea when he said, 'An Eye for an Eye' Keeping prisoners locked up for years would take up thousands of tax dollars each and every year. I don't know, I'd rather my tax money go to something a bit different.
    Oh, and usually when there is doubt about who actually committed to crime the government will do more research and until they're sure.
    love

Newbie sucks2bu may be famous one day sucks2bu may be famous one day sucks2bu's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    Death is just an easy way out for some prisoners. Let them rot in jail. Give them the worst of conditions for the rest of their lives ( though it doesn't always happen now does it?)

Plus I feel sorry for those people who really were innocent, they paid the ultimate price, while the real murderer got away. At least if the wrongly accused is still alive, then during some course of the jail term, some evidence proving him innocent can get him out. You can bring back a dead innocent person.
    well it cost the state a lot of your money to keep people in jail for life. also most people in jail for life dont care and like the life they have be hind bars it cheaper and safer to just kill them.... and for the people who are innocent... like Barronmore said ''the odds of that happing are very small, especially in today's legal system.''
    there's nothing funny about a one eyed bunny

that'll teach the fist person i see

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks
    like i said lets just kill them all and then we would have nothing to worrie about.

Tanks zyta

Newbie sucks2bu may be famous one day sucks2bu may be famous one day sucks2bu's Avatar
    Thanks
    sound like a good idear...lets go do it right not, just u and i....

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks
    witch one do u want to go to first.

Tanks zyta

Thanks
    i dont know...lets put all the prisons on a board and throw darts to find out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast