+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: capital punishment

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks
    *pulls ouy map and darts*

Tanks zyta

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks
    im with u kakashi sensei them fools ned to die for what they did some guy killed my father in a drive by shooting and they ahvent caught him but the court said if caught most is life im like f** that man destroy him for takin away my father who i never knew bc he died when i was young
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sucks2bu View Post
    well it cost the state a lot of your money to keep people in jail for life. also most people in jail for life dont care and like the life they have be hind bars it cheaper and safer to just kill them.... and for the people who are innocent... like Barronmore said ''the odds of that happing are very small, especially in today's legal system.''
    yes it would be cheaper just to kill them. i mean over here we actually pay counselors, medical care (some prisonners get better medical treatment than the actual population) well i think i heard that somewhere. so here we do spend alot on our prisons. but killing a person. well, i still don't think thats entirely right. it still with the idea of killing another person even though its justified is just not the right way to go.

i would prefer they would rot away in jail (hopefully the one near alice springs) like gwenibe said, so that they can experiance what hell might be like. living in a place that can easily reach 40c and an average around 50c in the summer, and if they do escape as u said well there pretty much in the middle of nowhere really, and it not easy goin cross country over there.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks
    The problem with keeping death row inmates alive (especially the hardened one's where they are convicted and no one doubts they did it) is trying to keep them from escaping. What happens if they do? Chances are they will do whatever their crime is again. If they are executed, there is no chance that they can escape and commit their crimes again.

There is also the fact that the criminal corrections system is not about punishment of criminals. It is to rehabilitate those that can be and to remove those that can't from society. I feel it is personally wrong to have an attitude of revenge against inmates. To say they haven't suffered enough is a poor mindset to have. It begins to lower yourself to their level. We in society should not be wanting revenge on convicts. We should want justice for those convicts. Rather that justice is death/life in prison or just timed served. If they have served their time, what more can we demand of them?

I feel it is cruel and unusual punishment to keep someone locked up for the rest of their natural lives if there is no chance of them being rehabilitated into society. If there crime is that great, they should be put to death. 1. it is the merciful thing to do. 2. The government has a responsibility to remove them from society. Keeping them in a maximum security facility does not guarantee that. Executing them does.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Well that's kinda why I would say put them in the worse conditions. Put limited money into where they are staying, what they are eating etc etc.
    I guess it would cost a lot of money keeping them alive, but still, I'd rather that then accidently killing of innocent people.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks
    why feed the emm effers for what they did let the sons of ...starve only if they have death penelty some people are in jail for things they didnt do....
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    The United States is the only civilized country in the world that has established capital punishment of some kind. The United States is also the nation with the most murders in the world, and it has nothing to do with the population size. Think about that. Does capital punishment really work?

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm sure someone like Len just might do. I have not proof-checked my info, I'll give you guys that much.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    why feed the emm effers for what they did let the sons of ...starve only if they have death penelty some people are in jail for things they didnt do....
    and I thought I was extreme lol
    Like your thinking though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast