+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Case Of Age Discrimination

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Case Of Age Discrimination

I would like to demonstrate my story on how a 48 year old Lady worked for this company 3years and last year she was terminated for poor performance when all along it was from retaliations. The month of January was review time and the managers refused to give her a raise. Needless to say, she was making top salary over the other administrators in her department and must I add she showed the company Excellent communication, grammatical and customer service skills she was proficient in computer skills she showed accountability and confidentiality as well as a professional demeanor and work ethic.

This 48 year old lady was very attentive to details – had a positive attitude and showed dedication and willingness to learn that which she had no experience’ just so she could gain more knowledge from departments within the company she worked. She never was late to work nor did she take off from work for any reason unless there was a death in her family or if she had became ill, she did her job and done it well. Her job duties was a position of authority with little or no supervision. She was a team player with natural abilities.

Needless to say, her Manager did not like the fact she question his authority. The Lady was verbally warned, written up several times and also received a final warning about a special project regarding an excel spreadsheet she distributed out to her (8) Fleet managers on a weekly basis. The Manager had her to copy him in on all her e-mail going out and forward them to his home where he would take the excel spreadsheet for a closer review. According to his research, the findings were she was not producing and providing enough information for this report and causing the company money.

The lady asked if he give the assignment to someone else if he thinks she could not do the job he refused her request, stating if she did not do it she would be fired. The lady shared with him that she had did her research regarding all other employers who worked this special project and not one of them was ever able to provide positive feedback from the shops and never once was they reprimanded or told their jobs were on the line. June 20, 2008 HR came to her floor and gave her the pink slip then kindly walked her out the building.

The Moral of this story is “The 48 year old lady filed a grievance (Grievance caused of distress) regarding (unsatisfactory working condition) due to this Manager. Therefore, the HR department nor was EEOC any help to her at all. No attorney would take her case stating there was no Burden of Proof.

SPJ

This article and many others are all over the net. People are getting cheated because of their age. Not because they aren't qualified but because of their AGE! Is this fair. I want to hear your thoughts.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Case Of Age Discrimination

its not age discrimination, she did not complete a task that was assigned to her, and thus was terminated for cause. As much as it might seem like age discrimination, Age wasn't even a factor in her termination. Her boss said do something, she said no, boss fired her.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Mar 24, 2009), Soshi Kitai (Mar 26, 2009)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    its not age discrimination, she did not complete a task that was assigned to her, and thus was terminated for cause. As much as it might seem like age discrimination, Age wasn't even a factor in her termination. Her boss said do something, she said no, boss fired her.
    Exactly. If it were age discrimination, they would've let her go due to other reasons--while making light references to her age. Or they'd just can her because they didn't want to cough up retirement funds. 48 is not an old age and I'm sure that at least 60% of her co-workers were the same age. Besides, it's VERY hard to tell when you're being fired for age. Race discrimination would be pretty obvious, but unless she's like 125 years old, I doubt she was fired due to age.

Given the story, which was read twice by me--just to ensure I know what I'm talking about--and Aceman's reply; I'd say she was let go for unsatisfactory performance and refusing to complete a task that was given to her and only her.

Now, I'm taking a wild stab in the dark here: Is this person a relative of yours?

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Ace (obviously) and Sprout nailed it. The woman was fired for insubordination, not for her age. It's simple logic. If you refuse to complete a task given to you by your superior or commanding officer, you will be punished.

I can understand if the person is very old and the company is not willing to pay retirement, or the person is very young and the boss fires them because of it (highly unlikely, but possible). That, my dear Neves, would be age discrimination.

Then again, I think it would be discriminatory to not hire some one because of their age.
    Why hello there!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

As stated from the start, age wasn't really the factor. It was the matter of work performance. Also, if she was written up several times how come she didn't stop? That was her fault.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post

This 48 year old lady was very attentive to details – had a positive attitude and showed dedication and willingness to learn that which she had no experience’ just so she could gain more knowledge from departments within the company she worked. She never was late to work nor did she take off from work for any reason unless there was a death in her family or if she had became ill, she did her job and done it well. Her job duties was a position of authority with little or no supervision. She was a team player with natural abilities.

Needless to say, her Manager did not like the fact she question his authority. The Lady was verbally warned, written up several times and also received a final warning about a special project regarding an excel spreadsheet she distributed out to her (8) Fleet managers on a weekly basis.

this was insubordination not for age specially if the manager had written proof that this person under his team has questioned him a number of times versus delivering what is needed.... a person will get fired...sad to say but that is the harsh reality of life.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

+ Reply to Thread