+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Catholic School expells pre-schooler because of Lesbian Parents

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Catholic School expells pre-schooler because of Lesbian Parents

I don't know the local education system but the issue probably lies somewhere else. Namely the availability of places in the schools. If it's anything like out here, spots are extremely limited.

As Arrianna said, the school's free to make its own rules for acceptance provided it doesn't come in conflict with higher laws. While it's of course a very sad thing that people are still judged by their sexual preference these days, not to mention the sexual preference of relatives. To be honest, I wouldn't want my child to go to a place as backwards as that.

If that school happens to be the only place nearby or the only place nearby with free spots it's unfortunate but unless a higher authority decides to force stone age rules like this to stop being enforced there's little that can be done.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Catholic School expells pre-schooler because of Lesbian Parents

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    "To preserve the mission of our schools, and to respect the faith of wider Catholic community, we expect all families who enroll students to live in accord with Catholic teaching. Parents living in open discord with Catholic teaching in areas of faith and morals unfortunately choose by their actions to disqualify their children from enrollment."
    Instead of throwing tiny temper tantrums because we aren't a nation of robots who all think and speak in perfect tandem with their (or your) opinion perhaps people should take the time to learn the actual laws and rights in the US not to mention actual scripture they claim to quote.

In the US everyone has the right to believe what they want, say whatever they want about those beliefs, and live according to those beliefs. That means that a private institute can have their own moral clauses they required be they secular or religious based and those who CHOOSE to attend are required to follow them while they CHOOSE to attend. That is their right. If you don't like it then just imagine if it your beliefs were the ones being challenged instead for the same reason. It is the same for everyone and that is what makes it fair.

If you don't like it then go to a school that is secular but to demand that everyone change their view to agree with you because you are "right" and they are "wrong" just because that is what you believe is prejudice pure and simple not to mention persecuting someone for their beliefs which then creates hypocrisy on the part of anyone who is claiming that that should not be done. If you think they should be forced to take someone who is breaking their code of conduct just because you have no respect for their beliefs maybe you should take a good look in the mirror and then decide how you will feel when the person being being told what you can believe is you.

There is a famous quote by voltaire it says "I may not agree with what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it."

I agree very much With Arriana, not only does the school have this right, i feel that a lot of people are constatly doing as she says. People persecute those who don't have the same views as them. If someone says they are pro-life (which i proudly am) they many a times have a argument started right then and there about how 'wrong' their beliefs are and how they should switch to a more socially accepted norm of doing things. sometimes i feel 'political correctness' turns us all into robots who can't think for themselves. People believe certain things, but then don't know why they believe it, or give pretty weak reasons for it.

This school has the right, and is expected to have a different set of codes and morals than regular school. If it didn't then it would be no different than a regular school.

Also please remember than catholic schools are not "Zoned" You can go for miles without seeing a school, and the students from that school don't have to be from that area but can be from anywhere they want. So if there is no public school close to that area (which i doubt, where have ya'll gone where the govenrment fails to provide educational services, especially for the younger students) then it's the governments problem, not the catholic school's problem.
    every rose has a thorn

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sangogirl For This Useful Post:

!beast (Mar 14, 2010)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2