+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cellphone = harmful?

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Cellphone = harmful?

I just found a very interesting topic on TV last night........

As we all know, most people in the world would own one or two cellphones....

Teens even have separate cellphones for different purposes, and kids as young as 7 and 8 own their very own cellphone.....

But research said that cellphone could cause cancer through radiation exposure! And the young are more prone to excess radiation than most adults...... so, kids as young as 8 could be getting cancer just from a few years of cellphone use!

What do you guys think about this? Should cellphones be banned? Removed until further research?

Please share your thoughts
    Kastelic's creation

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cellphone = harmful?

I thought that cancer speculation was desmissed as a myth? Anyways just as smoking causes cancer (which is a fact) and has not been banned neither will cellphones, they contribute to much to the economy, and just like smoking, are way to popular to ever have anything done about them.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl's Avatar
    Thanks

yea i heard about this a long time ago. I think its just strange why parents would even allow there kids (even 6 yrs old) to own a cell...makes me jelous in a way lol.
    i mean, what do they need a cell phone for anyway?? well ya for an emergency but really they dont need to talk on the phone...Im not concerned though because well im not going get a cell till im like in high school XD besides i dont need it

Otaku ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish I had a cell. Almost every1 I know in school has one, and I hate having to borrow one. There are many times that I need a phone, and only sometimes a friend will be nearby w/ on. Only two of my friends have one, tho. And I WILL NOT allow my kids to have cellphones until they are freshmen in highschool. Not just cuz of the whole radiation thing, but it's kinda like getting a car, or watching pg-13movies: there's a time for everything, and until that time comes, you'll have to wait for certain privilages. But I'm a junior in h.s., and I still don't have a cell or a car! What's the deal w/ that?!!?
    But then you see all these little kids in the malls, or shopping centers, and it's like they're trying to grow up too fast! I see 5-yr-old prima donas wearing make-up and carrying purses and cells, talking like they're from "Clueless", and little punks cussing and flicking off little old ladies! What has our world come to!?!?!?
    Treat me like an angel, and I'll be your little devil.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, I think that cellphones aren't harmfull. But allthou I think that we shouldn't
    give cellphones to kids that are younger than 10years.
    When I got my first cellphone I was 14years old, and maybe that was about
    year too early too.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

My physics teacher in high school actually proved to use (using physics of course) why it's not possible to get cancer from cellphones.

But on a side note: Yes, cellphones are harmful. People act like they can drive while talking on them, and guess what? THEY CAN'T. That's potentially harmful to so many other people.
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHobbit13
    My physics teacher in high school actually proved to use (using physics of course) why it's not possible to get cancer from cellphones.

But on a side note: Yes, cellphones are harmful. People act like they can drive while talking on them, and guess what? THEY CAN'T. That's potentially harmful to so many other people.
    I can drive while speaking. But I meant that they aren't harmfull with medical way.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

I've heard rumours like that. I thought it was only related with those really old mobile phones. Meh I could be wrong I guess it could effect you if you live of you're phone. If thats so I should really warn my dad and sister

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast