+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cellphones Necessity or luxury ?

Newbie Leatoon may be famous one day Leatoon may be famous one day Leatoon's Avatar
    Thanks

Cellphones Necessity or luxury ?

I forgot my cell at work last weekend... My life was caos... I felt lost... My cellphone has become a necessity in my life... I some days wonder how we lived without them. Remember back then..... when you did not need to be Reachable 24/7, or internet and games was only on the PC or Music on the radio....

That is just my opinion what does the rest of the world think?
    Don't try and avoid temptation, as you get older it will avoid you....

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cellphones Necessity or luxury ?

I think that we have become to dependent on cellphones . Yeah they make our lives easier and stuff like that. But sometimes I think we become useless humans because we depend so much on technology. I mean when I wasn't able to have my cellphone for only two weeks, it was awful. I've had my phone for barely a year and I know that back then , i could live without it. But now , I'd rather lose something else that my phone.

Newbie SgurdEkoms may be famous one day SgurdEkoms may be famous one day SgurdEkoms's Avatar
    Thanks

We invented technology to make our lives easier, what moron says they want life hard?

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe that is why we are getting so overweight and unhealthy. What will happen when we can't use all that technology we've invented? What will know to do? I mean , we become dumb and useless with relying so much on technology to do stuff for us.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper
    I think that we have become to dependent on cellphones . Yeah they make our lives easier and stuff like that. But sometimes I think we become useless humans because we depend so much on technology. I mean when I wasn't able to have my cellphone for only two weeks, it was awful. I've had my phone for barely a year and I know that back then , i could live without it. But now , I'd rather lose something else that my phone.
    That's because most people have to have people around them all the time in order to live. Without human contact every once in a while we would all go insane. A cell phone is a great invention because instead of having a house phone and calling a house and asking for a specific person you can just call them directly. You are basicly calling the person not the phone.

And I also have to agree that technology is what sets us apart from animals. Can you straight win a fight with a lion? That's why we have guns, among other reasons. Technology is the reason we are who we are.

And without Tech I wouldn't be able to be loved by everyone here...
    *Sits in self dilusion*

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends what "world" you live in...

Surprisingly enough, there are many out there who can live without a cellphone...
    But once called and added to a list, you start to grow a dependence on it.

-o- I admit, I can't really go on a day without a cellphone...
    It really was much simpler when I never had a cellphone...
    ... but then again, you get a lot of perks when you have a cellphone...
    ... but a lot of responsibilities along with it.

>_> I'm still looking for a new cellphone that's just as durable as the old cellphones.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroenix
    I also have to agree that technology is what sets us apart from animals. Can you straight win a fight with a lion?
    ^_^ Well, actually... some martial artists have tested their skills against tigers... and some have subdued them... in fact, in Chinese History...
    Not only has there been several occurrences of such an event...
    But some warriors have even tamed tigers to "loyal" partners during war.
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; May 11, 2006 at 08:17 AM.

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper
    Maybe that is why we are getting so overweight and unhealthy. What will happen when we can't use all that technology we've invented? What will know to do? I mean , we become dumb and useless with relying so much on technology to do stuff for us.
    Well, I agree with the fact that the human race is becoming alot more unhealthy and overweight, due to the inventions of new technology, but I disagree with the fact that we become dumb and useless from technology.

Remember,we are the ones who created the technology in the first place...and we are always advancing. We use technology to make new technology, so I don't think that makes us dumber.

Cellphones are useful and necessity in business/work, but not in personal life. When I get phone calls on my cell, it's 90% of the time not important and emergency.

o~Piggy-san~o

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

Having cellphones depends on what you are doing. If your some executive for example (or some other career), then its a neccesity, otherwise its more of a luxury.

...Impulsive...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast