View Poll Results: Are the censors REALLY doing a good job??

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • $%@# YES!!

16 41.03%
  • Sorry, but no...

23 58.97%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are the censors slipping up or helping?

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Are the censors slipping up or helping?

i agree atomik, the fcc bans things like nudity & swearing, but almosts forces us to watch murder & other violence. i rather my son ask about sex or a bad word than have to explain why 1 killed another. it descensetises our childeren hense murder is on the rise
    SUFFERING!, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

What I hate about the FCC is that they censor every little bit of nudity. Like on survivor, if there doing some strong physical activity, and their but crack shows, they bleep it out. As long as the nudity is not that bad and in good taste they shouldn't cut it out. I know other country's like UK don't do this. They do that, but then they allow all that violence(Not that i'm against it). Don't make sense.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    What I hate about the FCC is that they censor every little bit of nudity. Like on survivor, if there doing some strong physical activity, and their but crack shows, they bleep it out. As long as the nudity is not that bad and in good taste they shouldn't cut it out. I know other country's like UK don't do this. They do that, but then they allow all that violence(Not that i'm against it). Don't make sense.
    Man, I seen a commercial for the European release of Juiced (XBox) last year on... I wanna say YouTube. But anyway, the guys were playin' and making changes to thier car and every change they made ended up makin' changes on the girl standing outside. Long story short, they strip the car to strip the girl and you can see full frontal breasts for like what seems to be a good minute and a half!

But, we gotta blur out brand names, ass-cracks and side-boobs. WTF?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I was watching this show where, these Australian families where sent to remote tribes in Africa and Indonesia to live like them for a while. They bleeped out the tribal womens breasts.

I was like wtf? haven't people seen boobs before XD especially when it's just nature and natural to their tribe. Get used to it people - there are some people out there who don't where t-shirts - and the *shock**horror* to find that they actually have boobs under there XD

But I guess you have the odd strange one to complain. I was watching another talk-back show thing, talking about types of births etc etc. Some one wrote in and complained about the host saying 'vaginal birth' complaining that ' it was too early in the morning to say that sort of language? wtf?

Some how, I do think censor ship as gone to far, other times, I think it's too little, but me personally, having no kids and just me to worry about - I don't really care.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree w/ gwenibe

I think people should be allowed to air whatever they want on television.

After all, it's the parent's job to control what they watch.

I think no program should be forcefully censored. If the network wants to make a show more family oriented, then fine.

But give a little more responsibility to the parent.

Besides, there's a lot more cursing, violence, sex, and horror in the real world.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

sometimes we need help, censorship isn't entirely wrong but it needs to be done in moderation. screw what the white upper midleclass housewives say, it's not a stero-type i'm white & i whatched my x turn into 1 of these crazy chicks. it's always about money
    SUFFERING!, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think censure are being slack because there catching heat from the
    media and people that influence what we see and hear , i know what the
    censored Say's goes but i think as long as the media can influence people
    of power the censors cant really do anything , an example is a few years
    ago a catholic priest came forward saying he was part of the censor ship board
    and said he helped by controlling what he thought was bad.

a few days later the catholic church in general started getting hit with stupid
    accusations local churches were harassed with child molestation and such
    after thing quited down the censorship board oddly started letting things slide
    which i believe is because of the media fighting back even if it was wrong in
    what happened but thats how i see it.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    So, I watch a lot of TV and listen to the radio in my free time and I happened to notice a lot of things changing over the last few years.

Has anyone noticed that what they show on television and play on the radio is getting bolder every day? Broadcast televisison shows more sex than the cable channels do now and you can hear threats made by rappers, saying they'll shoot a mofo on the radio (not directly, but we're not stupid).

Everyone says that it's freedom of speech, or whatever and I agree to a certain extent. I believe that if the people want to hear the truth about our nation or world, let them hear it. If a song that touches political subjects or real life issues seems a bit offensive, it's because there's some truth in there and it should be heard. But don't you think that letting artists and producers encourage violence and sex in the media is taking it a bit too far?

What I want to know from you is do you think the censors are doing some good in this country or slipping up--not doing anything to prevent media influencing people. Why do you think so? Personally, I think that they need to tighten up a bit. I'm grown, so if I wanna see grown up stuff, I can. I pay my bills. I'm responsible and I don't let the media brainwash me, so to me, I think that listening to songs aired on the radio about shooting and drug dealing is dumb. Letting kids watch acts of sex on television is dumb. Censorship sucks in some ways, believe me, I know. But, the youth shouldn't be subject to making the same mistakes we did through the media.
    i find that censors dont work
    because if you watch a show like with curses you still know what they are going to say
    and sopme shows like girls next door
    the only censor her nipples
    which i find to be uneffective because like u can still see the rest of her
    so i say that they dont do anything but hide faces and scramble words on a short

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast