+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Censorship- good or bad?

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Censorship- good or bad?

Censorship is when something, or a part of something, is removed for the sake of security or political correctness. Many things in modern society are censored. This includes newspaper articles, news broadcasts, television in general, music, video games, and also anime.
    In recent months, a danish cartoon contained an image of Muhammad, and a riot insued. This has brought the issue of freedom of speach into debate recently. Do you think that it is right to censor anything in order to keep from offending someone, or should the right to freedom of speach override everything else?

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Censorship- good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    In recent months, a danish cartoon contained an image of Muhammad, and a riot insued.
    oh wow...
    so that's the origin of the recent episode(s) of South Park...
    it all makes sense now
    geez... I should start paying attention to the news o_O
    oh well...

censorship is good sometimes
    only to a certain point
    but sometimes, all we need is good parenting and parents that give a firm "NO" if their children want to purchase a "M" game or buy anime like Elfen Lied or at least play/watch it with them and remind them what's right and what's wrong and all that
    you can't forbid them because they'll eventually get access to it in the end by friends in school and all that

good times
    I love my girlfriend.

Banned Yomiko Readman may be famous one day Yomiko Readman may be famous one day Yomiko Readman's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm let me see.. i would say no. Come on we all want to see a liitle *** sometimes dont we? Its only natural and a part of every human.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

I would say yes/no
    We all know that S.. is very widely availible on the net if u wanna see some u can always download some so yeah censorship can only be applied to tv but then again this is a big problem just like copyright.
    If u go to the torrents u can download everything your heart desires u just need someone to seed it.U know all this censorship is a very good idea like everything else ppl put in to place to try and prevent crime and stuff like that but i get the feeling that even if they put in a law the ppl just don't care they just do what they want so yeah put in censorship it won't stop most ppl wanting to see uncensored stuff like naked fotos of celebrities or whatever.

Does it realy help putting it in or is this just a thing to scare the not knowledgable ppl away.
    the funny thing is i spoke a oke the other day and we were chatting about tv, movies and stuff and i mentioned if he doesn't find a movie download it there is sites that charge u $9.99 a month subscribtion and u can downbload as much as u can.I actually had to show him he did not believe me.So yeah copyright my butt.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

eh? I think yes, and no.
    Why, bevasue some people abuse the power to speak!
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith's Avatar
    Thanks

it depends on what is being censored!!! true art should never be censored ever!
    "The face is the mirror of the mind, and the eyes,without speaking, confess the secrets of the heart." - Saint Jerome

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

A level of censorship is always required in stuff thats violent of something like that but newspapers and talk shows shouldnt be censored otherwise thats taking away our freedom of speech and i think that the muslim community took things too far with that cartoon its not really that bad and wasnt incredibly offensive
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Censorship is determined by what the content is and what type of people will be viewing it. This is done to protect people from being offended in anyway. Sure, some of us could care less about what we see or hear but there are people out there that are really sensitive. It's done for the best of everyone's benefit...

So my conclusion is that censorship is good.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast