Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Change the Age to Drive from 16 to 18

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Change the Age to Drive from 16 to 18

Hello everyone! Yes, I have come with another question for you all. Should we change the age to drive from 16 to 18?

I think we shouldn't. I think having the right to drive gives a huge sense of maturity to teens and helps them become an adult.

You also have to think about the teens that have to try and support their families income. How do you thinkchanging the driving age will affect those families? We all know that not every city has public transportation.

You may argue that with three years of driveing preparation will decrease automobile accidents (They won't change the age to get your permit). Well, everyone has met those parents that will get their kid a permit and never bother to teach them how to drive. If they're not going to teach their child to drive in that one year then they aren't going to do it in the three. Then when those people get their liscense with absolutely no clue how to drive and then are off to college on their own or with a few of their friends. How much do you think the wrecks will increase?

Well, there's my opinion and the reasons for it. What are yours?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Change the Age to Drive from 16 to 18

In most countries of the West, the minimum age IS 18 years.

I support this, I wouldn't like to drive on the same road with a bunch of 16-year-olds.

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that teens should be able to drive when they're 16 because like you said that might be their best and only way to have a good transportation. I know that for some people its a bad idea, but everyone should get a chance to learn it when they want to. I also know this person who drived a car when they were 13 and she was fine nothing happen to her. ^^

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

First off, i was driving when I was 16 and never got in an accident, so you can't put the fact that just because they are 16 that they are all horrible drivers. What's the difference if we drive at 18 instead, maturity doesn't just make a better driver, experience does too. An 18 starting to drive is gonna have the same experience as a 16 year old who is starting to drive.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Driving is a privilege not a right.

And Im fine with sixteen year olds driving, but unfortunately they are not following the provisions of having an adult accompany. And I don't know about decreasing accidents or not, but most of the time accident happens after 1 year of someone starting to drive. Why? They think by one year they know it all and have seen everything.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

i say they should keep the driving age the way it is becasue for one it is messing it up for the upcoming drivers next year(damn them) and two not all 16n year olds go crazy behind the wheel so why punish them all?

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Hello everyone! Yes, I have come with another question for you all. Should we change the age to drive from 16 to 18?
    Definately

You also have to think about the teens that have to try and support their families income. How do you thinkchanging the driving age will affect those families? We all know that not every city has public transportation.
    So they can buy a bike. Maybe it will cut down on pollution.

How much do you think the wrecks will increase?
    Try decrease significantly. They have shown that the longer you wait to get your liscence each year (up to the age of 21) results in a significant decrease in the number of accidents that person will be in.

(That reminds me of another subject I have been considering.)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

but why punish all teens for some stupid wreckless ones? not all teens drive like morons. ashley, 17, drives wonderful ad hasnt been in an accidenyt but got a ticket for double parking, and also it's many kids at my school who are between 15 and 16 and drive safe and follow all the restrictions. so why punish all of them. and i beileve, and this is my opnion, the longer you wait for your liscence, the more anticipated you are. if you havent drove a car in all 21 years of your life and this is your first time the first thing they are gonna do is have a road trip and go crazy. most teens cant do that becasue of parents and curfew. but i say dont punish all for a few mornons mistakes

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast