Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Change the Age to Drive from 16 to 18

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Change the Age to Drive from 16 to 18

Awww thats cruel I wanna drive at 16 but yes it is true that teens do get in accidents more so I really wouldn't mind if they pushed it 2 years up ;/

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks

i think they should raise the age to 18. but i think we should keep the drivers permit age at 16. if you just raise the age limit for everything up to 18 then we still will have inexpirienced drivers on the road. theyll jsut be older. i think that if we keep it so they have to have an adult with a full license for 2 more years they will gain more expirience but less accidents. this should keep everyone satisfied. 16 year olds get to drive. but they wont be killing everybody with their reckless driving.
    j/k i know not everyone is a bad driver but it does help decrease the accident rate

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Try decrease significantly. They have shown that the longer you wait to get your liscence each year (up to the age of 21) results in a significant decrease in the number of accidents that person will be in.

(That reminds me of another subject I have been considering.)
    Sorry Arri, but you can't get away that easily. LINKS PLEASE!!!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro View Post
    Sorry Arri, but you can't get away that easily. LINKS PLEASE!!!
    Well, here's one on teenage driving and the risks. Q&As: Teenagers: General
    Here's a news article. The right driving age - The Boston Globe
    Sixteen-year-old drivers crash at three times the rate of novice 17-year-old drivers, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
    And a nice article that shows some statistics. DRIVING
    Rate of Car Crash Deaths by Age of Driver: 1997
    Age of Driver / Deaths per 100,000 Drivers
    16-20 / 61.33
    21-24 / 46.35
    25-34 / 32.90
    35-44 / 26.52
    45-54 / 23.32
    55-64 / 21.55
    65-69 / 20.57
    over 69 / 28.08
    I knew about the drop at 21 because car insurence companies will give you a great rate if you wait to get your liscence at 21 because if it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

To many teenagers lifes are being destroy because of one stupid mistake or one act of trying to be "cool" infront of friends - or maybe just inexperiance?

Four 17 yr olds were killed in New South Wales Australia a few days ago, apparently speed was the main reason, though I heard that it might have been because of a wet, windy road aswell. The driver survived. When he gained consiousness, all he could think of was why he hadn't died as well.

His life is destroyed, the families lives are destroyed, friends aswell have been affected and think about the people who were first on the scene the ambulance and police their lives have been affected aswell - they have probably seen heaps of those types of accident. I don't want to even imagine how horrific that must be.

In my school they educated people. We had this one paraplegic guy come in and talk to us about safe driving - he himself was paraplegic because he decided to get into a car with a drunk young driver. But he said exaclty what I think

" No matter how many times I talk to students about safe driving they are still out there killing themselves on the road"

They also showed us pretty graphic videos of how it destroys lives

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    but why punish all teens for some stupid wreckless ones? not all teens drive like morons.
    Well if they need to punish every one to save a few lives so be it.
    and remember it's not the fact that teens drive like morons ( though some do). Some times it's because of poor inexperiance.

Quote Originally Posted by macky_516 View Post
    i think they should raise the age to 18. but i think we should keep the drivers permit age at 16. if you just raise the age limit for everything up to 18 then we still will have inexpirienced drivers on the road. theyll jsut be older. i think that if we keep it so they have to have an adult with a full license for 2 more years they will gain more expirience but less accidents. this should keep everyone satisfied.
    I was going to say exactly this. In Aust (some places are different though) you get your learners at 16 and a half and you can get you full liscence at 17 - they only need 6 months!?! Learners have to have an experianced driver with them.

I say get there learners at 16 and keep them until they turn 18 - then they can go for their liscence. They can gain 2 years of driver experiance with some one in the car - true it might not give them the whole experiance, but it'a better than having 17 year olds going around killing themselves, they are also a bit more mature at 18 - well some anyway

sorry about the long post ><

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Rate of Car Crash Deaths by Age of Driver: 1997
    Age of Driver / Deaths per 100,000 Drivers
    16-20 / 61.33
    21-24 / 46.35
    25-34 / 32.90
    35-44 / 26.52
    45-54 / 23.32
    55-64 / 21.55
    65-69 / 20.57
    over 69 / 28.08
    Hmm, i take this study with a grain of salt. Over 69 only 28.08? Yeah right!! So an old fart drives better than the 25-35. *Rolls eyes* I bet it says women are better drivers?

I say if they are going to let these old ppl drive, the 16 year old should get to too. Ive see far more bad drivers that were elderly than kids. Some should not be on the road.

Im a big believer in that we should have to take the drivers test again on a every 5 years basis.

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post

i say they should keep the driving age the way it is becasue for one it is messing it up for the upcoming drivers next year(damn them) and two not all 16n year olds go crazy behind the wheel so why punish them all?
    Well if they need to punish every one to save a few lives so be it.
    and remember it's not the fact that teens drive like morons ( though some do). Some times it's because of poor inexperiance.
    but why punish all teens for some stupid wreckless ones? not all teens drive like morons.

i agree with gwenibe
    in order to save lives some people are not gonna get to drive when they want
    its not punishing the others.
    and truth is most drivers at the age of 16 arent really good drivers.
    the good ones happen to be those that have been illegally driving in some way or another for longer than just 6 months with an adult
    theyve had practice.
    this is why i think they raise the full license age to 18 but keep the permit at 16

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Hmm, i take this study with a grain of salt. Over 69 only 28.08? Yeah right!! So an old fart drives better than the 25-35. *Rolls eyes*
    Not better so much as less. Lots of statistics on that. If you take the time to notice you can see that the numbers, even with the decrease in driving, start going up at that point. Those who do drive have about the same percentage of accidents as teenagers (based on driving hours rather then percentage of accidents yearly) which is why some states are looking at implimenting testing every 5 years after a certain age.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I bet it says women are better drivers?
    Well, lets see...

Gender and Driving
    The fatal collision rate by male drivers in 1975 was 64 accidents per 100,000 licensed drivers and then 43 accidents per 100,000 licensed drivers in 1998.

The fatal collision rate for female drivers in 1975 was 16 accidents per 100,000 licensed drivers. The rate remained the same rate in 1998.
    Looks that way to me. That's why they pay less for drivers insurance. It's all about the money.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast