Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Change the Age to Drive from 16 to 18

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Change the Age to Drive from 16 to 18

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Well, lets see...

Gender and Driving

Looks that way to me. That's why they pay less for drivers insurance. It's all about the money.
    that study says it was conducted in 1975
    its now 2006 30 years later
    i think that those statistics would have changed
    but whether or not women are better drivers i dont think there should be some difference between genders as to when they should get their license

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macky_516 View Post
    but whether or not women are better drivers i dont think there should be some difference between genders as to when they should get their license
    Try reading it closer. It compared the '75 numbers with the ones in '98.

But if you want insurences take on it: The Battle of the Sexes
    Guys, think your driving skills are exceptionally better then your female counterparts? Think again! According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's 2004 Early Edition Report, male drivers were involved in 27,000 more fatal accidents, 432,000 more injury crashes and 1,369,000 more property-damaged incidents than female drivers - which inevitably equated to 1,828,000 more insurance claims in a single a year. Sorry guys, the ladies win.

And it's not just male drivers between the ages of 18-24 that are making these insurance claims - it's men of all ages.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie diguised.as.a.lover may be famous one day diguised.as.a.lover may be famous one day diguised.as.a.lover's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually had to write an essay on this for school. but sadly I can't remember my points. Although I can say I wouldn't want it to change from 16 to 18. For the following reasons:
    at that age (16) I know that I for one am extremely busy and it's too difficult for my mom to have to drive me to and from all the places I have to go. For example being very involved in my school I have to stay after at least twice a week. But my mom works so she has to make arrangements to pick me up. And I'm invovled in other things.
    Also for teens out there that have jobs it would be almost impossible to get one at 16 if they weren't able to drive. I know quite a few teens who have to work to help support themselves or their family.

Otaku macky_516 may be famous one day macky_516 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diguised.as.a.lover View Post
    Also for teens out there that have jobs it would be almost impossible to get one at 16 if they weren't able to drive. I know quite a few teens who have to work to help support themselves or their family.
    that may be true but alot of my friends for reasons of their own could not get a car to drive
    they used their bikes
    one of them was over 10 miles away from his work
    and he still made it there every day with his bike
    all it takes is determination
    and it does lower pollution
    and in the long run saves you money

MICHIERU RULES ALL

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro View Post
    Driving is a privilege not a right.

And Im fine with sixteen year olds driving, but unfortunately they are not following the provisions of having an adult accompany. And I don't know about decreasing accidents or not, but most of the time accident happens after 1 year of someone starting to drive. Why? They think by one year they know it all and have seen everything.
    I have to agree with pyoro-pyoro on that because there are more teen crash and adult crash every day. Mostly there are a lot of crazy people on the roads these. Mostly they should choose people who are smart and have honor to do it

Newbie diguised.as.a.lover may be famous one day diguised.as.a.lover may be famous one day diguised.as.a.lover's Avatar
    Thanks

that may be true but alot of my friends for reasons of their own could not get a car to drive
    they used their bikes
    one of them was over 10 miles away from his work
    and he still made it there every day with his bike
    all it takes is determination
    and it does lower pollution
    and in the long run saves you money
    I don't know anyone personally in my city who rides a bike to work. Most of my friends who do work but don't have a vehicle or license catch a ride with their driving friends.
    Which still leads to pollution because that person driving is just going to be doing the driving the other person would normally be doing and the person who's catching a ride is probably paying the person to drive them so they're not saving money.

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

I dont think they should change the age. I had a job and a very busy life at 16. There are a lot of 16 year olds out there that need the transportation that do not live with their parents. More experienced drivers know an unexperienced driver when they see one. If they are good at driving they will know how to avoid them. Yes accidents happen, but this is a risk a driver must be willing to take. Driving is not 100% fool proof for anyone.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats my point too. I cant see how they havent changed today. Ive seen tons of women drivers going too fast, doing illegal crap, and so on.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast