Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Change the Age to Drive from 16 to 18

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Change the Age to Drive from 16 to 18

16yr olds are just not mentally fit to be driving the roads, seriously, where are your heads really at?.
    i like the idea of the 18 rule. lol and the more strict rules for young drivers is a must.
    i typically dont see the need for more younger teens to get behind the wheel when statistically they're getting into more drugs and violence. now if you dont do that and you're an angel, the majority has gotten you

Newbie CoNtR0l may be famous one day CoNtR0l may be famous one day
    Thanks

Lmao XD i admit when I get my car im going to blast music and everything lmao ROAD RAGE!!!!!!!!!

Anime Black-Join My Anime Forum
    http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_Black

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoNtR0l View Post
    its not really a debate
    the people over 18 are
    most likely going to say u should be 18
    because they "dont want to drive on the road
    with 16 year olds"

Please I bet when u were 15 and 16 you wished or couldnt wait to drive
    I think it should stay at 16..
    Well I can't say this about all 16 year olds but, I didn't think it was a big deal just to be able to drive, and I still don't think it's a big deal.

I was the oldest out of my friends yet the last to get my lisence, I didn't get my permit until 17 and my liscence at 18 when everyone around me got it at 17 as soon as they could basically.

It's not that we don't want to drive around with 16yr olds ( I would rather drive on the road with them than old people lol), It's so that they have their learner permits longer to gain more experiance.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

we a driving eds class here, but i dont know about the 16 age, mostly all 18 around would just drive and wouldnt drive all over the road

Newbie crono_chris may be famous one day crono_chris may be famous one day crono_chris's Avatar
    UK, come on you obviously know were in the UK
    Thanks

Well for a start I think a larger percentage of teens drive sensibly other than wrecklessly. An I totally disagree with the idea of changing the legal age up to 18, me being a teen myself I dont quite drive although I have freinds that do, an they have absoulutly no problems. I really do think teenagers can be trusted as decent and mature drivers, its just not good to take away our rights and freedom.

Otaku LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound may be famous one day LostbutFound's Avatar
    Thanks

nooooooooooooo they better not change the age ill go crazy if they do
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To add further information to the subject, the State of California has implemented this year new restrictions on Driver's Licensed issued to persons under the age of 18...
    Provisional driver license restrictions during the first year

Effective January 1, 2006, a new law will increase driving restrictions for persons under the age of 18 who:

* Are issued a provisional driver license (DL) on or after January 1, 2006, or
    * Already hold a provisional DL issued on or after January 1, 2005.

Provisional Driving Restrictions—You must be accompanied and supervised by a licensed parent, guardian or other licensed driver 25 years of age or older or a licensed or certified driving instructor when you:

* Transport passengers under 20 years of age at any time, for the first twelve months.
    * Drive between 11 pm and 5 am for the first twelve months.
    Driver license restrictions during the first year: California DMV website

These provisions sound alot more reasonable then a outright ban on drivers under the age of 18... And there now talking about holding the parents legally liable for those youths who violate the law...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

In north carolina you can not get an official drivers license until you reach 18 although you do get permits but no real license so restricts your driving to certain hours of the day in short a "curfew" for underage drivers yet it doesnt stop them really unless you pull over every car to catch the teens that still drive after their curfew

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast