Closed Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

Newbie dungeonmaster666 may be famous one day dungeonmaster666 may be famous one day dungeonmaster666's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Changing the drinking age

i think the drinking age should be 18 instead of 21 cause by the governments standings at 18 your an adult and can go die for your country but you cant enjoy a nice alchoholic beverage i think thats bullshit but thats me i'd like to hear some of your guys thoughts

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

actually it shouldnt change, you know how many indians here died at the age of 18? many plus my friends boyfriend came an alcholic, and my step sister's boyfriend became an alcholic. so my sayin is no it should not be changed

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel it should be changed to 18. Many states had it at 18 however the federal government created ruling that while it was still the right of a state to set it's own drinking age, the federal government could cease funding of transportation services to any state which did not have the age which the federal government endorsed. Some states held out for a bit, but without federal funding they were losing a lot of money fast and eventually followed suit. This is why the drinking age is 21 all over the country.

Again I feel the age should be lowered on the sole fact that at the age of 18 you can choose your leader and you can serve and die for your country. If you can hold a gun and kill in your nation's name, you should be allowed to drink it out of your mind like all the other soldiers.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

but then it leads to crazy fights and driving the 18 age couldnt keep that kind of problem under control, plus barely see you and might end up fighting you

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that there are still a few states that have the drinking age at 18.

Since it was raised to cut down on the number of deaths from drunk drivers I support the current age and do not want to see it lowered again.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

i prefer to keep it at 21, some of the indian reservation became junkies and bums, because they kept drinkin and never stop, its a shame really now 18's are working it to keep it together

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dungeonmaster666 View Post
    i think the drinking age should be 18 instead of 21 cause by the governments standings at 18 your an adult and can go die for your country but you cant enjoy a nice alchoholic beverage i think thats bullshit but thats me i'd like to hear some of your guys thoughts
    I think it should stay the same, although I do agree with your reasoning. Drinking is very serious, and should be available to people who have had adult responsibilities for a few years. However, most 18 year olds drink anyway, I know I did.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

While I agree with you about the apparent Constitutional contradiction, you must remember that the human brain does not finish developing until after age twenty. Minors may be able to stave off the effects of drinking (i.e., hangovers), but the chemicals of the alcohol lead to a higher rate of chronic alcoholism later in life. Drinking in moderation is fine for almost anyone, but people - especially teenagers - have the uncanny habit of biting off more than they can chew (or sip more than they can drink, I should say). This would undoubtedly lead to an increase in the number of accidents caused by drunk driving, alcohol poisoning, etc. Therefore, I believe that the drinking age should remain at twenty-one.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast