Closed Thread
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

Quote Originally Posted by fookongmick View Post
    Extending the legal age might help but there is no guarantee since most kids still buy their alchohol from shops that don't check their identification card to make sure they are of the legal age. But I have seen many kids at a young age get wasted and on top of that waste money on alchohol!
    The problem is not that the people are not checking IDs. Trust me where I am it is impossible to buy alcohol underage.

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I was in high school we used to give the local hobo 5 bucks to go into the store and buy it for us. I don't suggest doing this at all.
    That is the main reason why. What is even worse, is that parents buy their kids and other kids drinks for parties. I used to know of several parents that would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
    Has anyone else besides me thought that its stupid that marijuana is illegal, though its relatively harmless to you body and doesnt impare judgement or senses. Yet alcohol which kills so many and deteriorates your brain as well as causes liver failure is completely legal. I impares judgement and even the basic motor skills. You cant even speak correctly when you've drinking too much. Am i the only one who thinks that is one of the most stupid things ever?? Why is marijuana the one that is illegal and alcohol is free to kill our society. You never hear about people getting pissed and getting into fights when they're high, but some idiot will start a bar fight while drunk or go driving down the road(and i mean the whole road since they cant go straight) and end up hitting and possibly killing someone.

Its stupidity at its best. Its even proven that marijuana is actually helpful to certain medical conditions. And another thing...when you get high...you feel fine after it wears off. When you get wasted, the whole next day your paying for it in the form of head aches, nasea and vomiting.
    I agree 100% with why is marijuana banned yet alcohol isn't. Alchohol is a drug as well.

But, I have heard of some one who was high and getting into a fight, it happens every now and then, it is true though that it is mainly due to alcohol.

some of you are speaking as if everyone who drinks alcohol is stupid and they only do it to get drunk. I admit I drink, but I don't go stupid, I pace my drinks and have fun. you are able to drink alcohol without being stupid.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

why do you agree with that i mean...How can you say that marijuana should b legal also that it does'nt impair your senses well thats a lie in itself....

For starters when you say it doesn't harm you. then your wrong it slowly kills brain cells which do not grow back unlike other cells in your body if you add up the stats long term use of marijuana is worse than the long term use of alcohol not to mention either way your gonna smell horrible.

Im in college and in my first class of the day this guy sits next to me and smells horrible and he always comes to class high he smells like smoke *cough cough* alcohol smell is worse because you cant even speak to someone without them turning a cheek to avoid your breath...
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Drinking can be fun though if you do it responsibly. Nothing like a game of darts or pool while your tipsy. But I think you shouldn't drink to the point where you can't stand or even stay awake. Thats when it actually does damage to your system. A little alcohol doesn't hurt. In fact it is proven that drinking a glass of wine once a day (or is it a week? i can remember) actually is good for your heart. I didn't say a whole bottle but just a glass... or two.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Drinking can be fun....hmmm er uh um alright i suppose if you say so i mean i dont really know what putting alcohol and toxins into your body makes a party fun but i haven't ever drank any alcoholic beverages before so i wouldn't know therefor i cant talk on that part.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Its the effect that it has on you... For some people it loosens them up. I'm not a very social person but if you get a few drinks in me I will be the life of the party. Sometimes not being able to control your actions very well can be fun. I think the main thing about it is that it relaxes your body as well as your mind and opens you up to reveal another side of you that is usually under control. But not every one can be fun. I know quite a few people who are mean drunks and start lots of fights.

I think that alcohol intake should be regulated more. In bars, a bartender can refuse to give you a drink if they think you can't handle it anymore but this isn't enforced as much as it should be.

Thanks

Maybe so that could be. or you could stay sober and just be more confident and put yourself out there and not rely on alcohol to "Loosen" you up. I have a problem with my self confidence but i doubt i would drink a Beer to bring me down a few notches.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    why do you agree with that i mean...How can you say that marijuana should b legal also that it does'nt impair your senses well thats a lie in itself....

For starters when you say it doesn't harm you. then your wrong it slowly kills brain cells which do not grow back unlike other cells in your body if you add up the stats long term use of marijuana is worse than the long term use of alcohol not to mention either way your gonna smell horrible.

Im in college and in my first class of the day this guy sits next to me and smells horrible and he always comes to class high he smells like smoke *cough cough* alcohol smell is worse because you cant even speak to someone without them turning a cheek to avoid your breath...
    I wasn't saying that marijuana should be banned, if anything, I was more hinting that alchohol should be banned. Nor, did I say that it doesn't impair your senses etc etc.

I was stating that it seems weird that alchohol isn't banned yet marijuana is - and both used incorrectly (?) could be fatal.

I know what alchohol does to your brains cell and yeah you can smell bad.
    but, you can still have alcohol have fun, without going stupid and drink so much that you damage yourself.

Thanks

Eh..i guess i wont be able to get my point clearly across to anyone today so i give up officially on this thread its pointless for me to try to get you guys to see that ALCOHOL is bad period at my wedding when i have one when everyone is having a toast to champagne im gonna be the guy with the water bottle and thats just my stance on things..

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast