Closed Thread
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

I see where you coming from, but your not seeing our point.

Yes alchohol is bad - but it is possible to drink responsible without causing so much damaging. Your talking as if everyone who drinks alcohol, is going to die from it.

And research has found that a glass or two of Red wine is good for you.
    Check here:
    Red Wine - Yale-New Haven Hospital

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

eh be that as it may im still completely aginst it because even if you do drink responsibly theres always the chance that it could take a turn for the worse but i do see your point.
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

There is always a chance, but I think if your always think correctly about alcohol , you can be responsible with alcohol.

Congrats. on making a stand on alcohol use. In today's society it's hard to do so!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    And research has found that a glass or two of Red wine is good for you.
    Check here:
    Red Wine - Yale-New Haven Hospital
    So is grape juice and it doesn't make you drunk. It's not the alcohol that makes it good for you it's what the drink is made from originally.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned ShadowLance may be famous one day ShadowLance may be famous one day ShadowLance's Avatar
    Thanks

To be idealogical, you can say that just eliminating alcohol all together would solve this conundrum. Or, you could even go as far to say that everyone should be allowed to drink from birth.

Either way, this brings up a point that a lot of people miss in this argument. Alcohol is a poison, we all know that. It hinders our perceptions and kills our livers and so on and so forth. What we fail to realize here is that drinking alcohol at a younger age, while males are finishing their bodily development can be very detrimental to your growth and lifespan.

Not only this, but at the age of 18, we're being thrown into college, debt, relationships, and more financial responsibility than we've ever imagined. You become a legal adult under the law at that age, and with it comes a lot of expectation. Introducing alcohol to an already unbalanced system of writing your own checks and studying/paying for school, all while looking for or keeping a relationship has the potential to throw everything out of whack.

Then again, it could be that's it perfectly harmless to you and you balance your responsibilities, well... responsibly. That's wonderful. But the math will always show that more people can't handle it than can, and will more than likely look to alcohol for a way out. It's that dependence that's dangerous to people around the age of 18.

21 to me sounds like an arbitrary age. From my experience, I would say the age should be rounded down to 20. Most people I know get a grip on their lives around then.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I don't care if its changed or not. Parents who want thier kids to drink will ket them drink. I've been drinking for a while, but I don't get drunk. The problem lies, not with the age but with the amount consumed. Besides if you know your limits and have someone around you that is responsible it shouldn't matter. And the whole fighting when you're drunk thing can stem from other things. I've gotten into fights with people who say they're drunk but aren't and think that if they say they're drunk it'll get them off the hook. It doesn't work naturally and they get in worse trouble. I'll stop boring you with my reasoning now, but it really doesn't matter with the age.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Newbie ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think it should actually change. People of younger age (just like me...) are more easily influenced by older people and would start drinking until they get drunk and who knows what might happen after...
    Born to live, living to die..

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it should be at the age of 21 because it is much safer since there is alot of bad guys.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast