Closed Thread
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

Its been a long time since iv even looked at this form and I have to say its gone on and on with little advancment untill now that some see that alcoholic beverages are in fact not heathy, somthing iv said many times in this form but the real problem is that making alcohol illegal has been tryed before and it didn't tern out well. Many people brued there own alcohol and sold and served it in the very bars that were shut down. Now that ower police and tech are so high its going to be difficult to mantane order manly cuz people find it like a drug with the same adiction not to mention these kid (18 and under) that think they can be responsable with the use of alcohol don't know what really happens when everything become inpeard. boy's generly become very loud, hiyper and vilent. Girl are the same way but add easy to get in to (Don't bit back girls iv seen it with my own eyes). To add to anime_being_god's list a 21 year old is a lot more wise when it come the being responsble to drinking. And that part about the drunk driving, 21 year olds have had more time driving and have lerned from past and others mistakes over the last 3 years of there driving time. Only a fool thinks there smarter than they are.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree that alcohol will never be illegal again, come on people. Anyways, we humans need time to fully mature I thought, so if 21 is the age that people will be able to mature and handle themselves as well in the eyes of the government, then 21 it should be. I don't care if a few underaged people say they are mature enough to handle it, the fact is that a majority of young people can't, so why risk endangering people, by lowering it. You think you're tough enough and that you won't get caught, then don't blame anyone else when you do something stupid while drinking, as I have previously stated.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats what im saying if you think your more mature than your age then your not. people who want to lower the drinking age are just weak minded little minors that want to git drunk legaliy and not get in troble. Its teens at there worst.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

u can swear on this site? ! sweet

'ok
    ur rite, but instead of changing the age, maybe they should have an adult with the 18 year old, like the movies
    and the u.s makes u die for ur country, cuz afta college or where ever, they 'pay' off ur debts
    so i think that you can have rights to drink at 18, and be supervised
    but that wil never happen
    ;0

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    u can swear on this site? ! sweet

'ok
    ur rite, but instead of changing the age, maybe they should have an adult with the 18 year old, like the movies
    and the u.s makes u die for ur country, cuz afta college or where ever, they 'pay' off ur debts
    so i think that you can have rights to drink at 18, and be supervised
    but that wil never happen
    ;0
    No swearing is now allowed here. If we catch you, you will be penalized.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    No swearing is now allowed here. If we catch you, you will be penalized.
    srry bout my thoughts i should have known better
    i will watch my mouth on animeonline.net

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Okay, well, it seems here that by and large, most of the people who are posting that they think the legal drinking age should be 18, are members who are under the age of 21, with a few exceptions.

There are documented proofs that lowering age limits, or legalizing alcohol and drugs actually can help avoid the problems that our society (the United States) faces.

In France, for example, it is a common procedure to have a glass of wine at dinner, regardless of what the age. This limits the teenage mind from getting so wrapped up in what they think alcohol will do for them that they are less likely to get in the mindset of, "Oh man, everytime I go drinking I'm going to go get soooooo trashed because it's fun".

As far as the "if I serve my country, I should be able to drink" crap, I think I would agree on principle, to a degree. When you sign the contract, you are an adult, potentially, legally empancipated from your parents (Active Duty), and you are subject to grow up rules (UCMJ in addition to standard law where you are treated as an adult), so it would stand to reason, that even if you're 17, 18, or whatever, if you are a soldier, marine, airman or seaman, you should have some right to alcoholic beverage.

NOW, that being said, I would like to make an important clarification: it used to be in the past, you could drink while in Active Duty service (off duty, but deployed overseas, living on a military base in the United States, etc.), but honestly I don't know, or care, if that is the case now. I believe that is no longer the case, since we talked in MP school how we would potentially have to arrest underage drinkers. However, most cogs in the wheels of the Army have a sort of unique approach to this: unless you get caught doing something immensely stupid (like drinking and driving), most commands will not necessarily hound you about drinking. It may not be legal, but certain individuals in every unit may "enable" you to getting some drinks.

Besides, I have HAD an alcoholic as a battle buddy, and it isn't fun. He turned 21 while we were there, and seeing as how we weren't allowed any alcohol where we were, it was tough for him.

(By the way, alcohol is not typically allowed on bases overseas in the Middle East due to the preferences of our Middle Eastern allies)

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dungeonmaster666 View Post
    i think the drinking age should be 18 instead of 21 cause by the governments standings at 18 your an adult and can go die for your country but you cant enjoy a nice alchoholic beverage i think thats bullshit but thats me i'd like to hear some of your guys thoughts
    well in america the drinking age is 21, but did u know here in canada, u only have to be 19 to purchase alchohol ^^, although i wont go drinkin hehe...

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast