Closed Thread
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

odyssenpromise, thanks for all the info but that just the milatary and frankly I don't care what you do in life weather drive a lambo, live on the streets or are dragin your buddy to the medic on the battle feld, drinking at any age is never a good idea. To all that say "Im 18 and in the miltary I should be allowed to drink" thats the last thing I need to hear "died drunk runing at the front line with no gun". This world has become a sad palce when kids think joining the army will get them a drink. Just sad.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post
    odyssenpromise, thanks for all the info but that just the milatary and frankly I don't care what you do in life weather drive a lambo, live on the streets or are dragin your buddy to the medic on the battle feld, drinking at any age is never a good idea. To all that say "Im 18 and in the miltary I should be allowed to drink" thats the last thing I need to hear "died drunk runing at the front line with no gun". This world has become a sad palce when kids think joining the army will get them a drink. Just sad.
    Well, to be honest, I don't even think that is a policy anymore. I think they abolished all of that since Korea.

Anyway, the main thing is that you would probably just as easily get a drink in the Army as you would anywhere else, so that certainly would not be a reason to join : P.

But yeah, like I said, my battle buddy was an alcoholic, and it certainly wasn't fun dealing with him. I really would rather that my battle buddies be relatively free of desires to imbibe, ingest, or intake anything that would alter one's mental state.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Well my statement stays the same. I think that the drinking age should stay the same for there are already more accidents from drinking and driving at such a young age. We should try and just except the drinking age and let it stay the same. What do you think would happen if the drinking age was changed?
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry all I'm not going to go back and read all the posts but I will clarify a point that seems to be under debate. Department of Defense standards for drinking age is that instalation commanders have the final authority over their instalations drinking age. This means that a base commander can make it legal at 18 for active duty military members only, family members are not included. This does back up the claim that if your old enough to die for your country you should be able to drink. But only to a certain extent if your commander (CO) feels that his troops are all reasonablly responsible and capable of drinking and not doing anything stupid he can make it legal. But this works the other way as well, at our instalations in other countries where the drinking age is lower it can be raised by the CO if he thinks his troops will do something stupid. Or the drinks can be rationed and all sorts of other stuff, but let me make on thing clear to anyone underage that thinks joining the service is just a way to get a beer. Your crazy! That kind of choice is one you had better find higher motivation for, these people aren't out partying everyday (for the most part) we work our buts off and people are DYING!

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

It always good to have some one in the services to help with this topic and that the truth thanks guys and girls. But theres still one thing that bugs me, most kid even with that knolege they still want to drink think its cool. Don't you just love pear presher. Once I gave in to it. I would pick on this one kid in jr high and once I had seen what I become I hated myself. If you give in its had to come out of it. If you fall you can get up but only with you own hands can you do so.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

Changing the age wont do anything. If someone who is under the limit wants to drink, they'll find a way. There are tons of underage drinkers out there. Upping the age wont stop them from getting it. Sure, they can't go to a bar and get it but they can throw a party at home and drink. One of their older friends or even an older brother or sister will supply it.

Moving up the age just prevents them from drinking in public places. It wont stop them from drinking at home.

Newbie Seraphim Tears may be famous one day Seraphim Tears may be famous one day Seraphim Tears's Avatar
    Thanks

I think 21 is a good drinking age, since one is more responsible at that age. I think 18 is way too young to drink. But a lot of kids nowadays drink way before the legal age.
    Live life to the fullest and never stop.

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Tears View Post
    I think 21 is a good drinking age, since one is more responsible at that age. I think 18 is way too young to drink. But a lot of kids nowadays drink way before the legal age.
    That isn't necessarily true. There are a lot of immature 21 year olds and a lot of mature people who are younger. It depends on the person, not the person's age.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast