Closed Thread
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Commander View Post
    That isn't necessarily true. There are a lot of immature 21 year olds and a lot of mature people who are younger. It depends on the person, not the person's age.
    Yes but on a whole 21 are more mature.

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry my dear but I disagree. Age is just a number. I was mature way before I was even a teen. It depends on how you were raised, what you were taught.

Otaku Sasuke Is Emo may be famous one day Sasuke Is Emo's Avatar
    Thanks

the drinking age in canada is 18-19 but i think there should be NO drinkin age... yes, this is true, in italy they have no drinking age... and you know what? since its not illegal... the kids dont go drink!! its reverse psy!

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

True True. Maturity is a stage not an age ^.^ Just like being dateable. But ANYHOW! My sister is just 'bout to turn 21 in April. Which will make it legal for her. Which sucks like no other seeing as she likes to party and what not and now she can do it legally. *Sigh* What a Joy. Can you see me celebrating? v.V
    Now she has a huge chance of drinking and driving or doing something really stupid that could ruin or end her life forever. yey! w000 drinking is so much fun right?!

(If you couldn't tell, I'm being sarcastic, and am a bit upset when I think of this)

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Demon Loving Only Himself Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage may be famous one day Self Loving Carnage's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't drink, but I think it should be changed to 18. Because if you're old enough to vote and die for your country, you're old enough to drink alcohol.
    You are not your job. You are not your bank account. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your ****ing Khakis. We are the all seeing all dancing crap of the world. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake you are the same rotting organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.

Newbie Cobra_Commander is just another face in the crowd Cobra_Commander's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Is Emo View Post
    the drinking age in canada is 18-19 but i think there should be NO drinkin age... yes, this is true, in italy they have no drinking age... and you know what? since its not illegal... the kids dont go drink!! its reverse psy!

Exactly, just like in some places you can smoke weed in public and it's fine.

Making things illegal or giving it a certain age just makes people want to break the law even more.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demonic_anger View Post
    i agree with lowering it to 18 what the point of going to war if you cant get wasted before you go????????
    i so agree wats the point of war if u cant get wasted before you go also it makes the fighting a hole lot harded, so i get both sides of it but im 4 it.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dungeonmaster666 View Post
    i think the drinking age should be 18 instead of 21 cause by the governments standings at 18 your an adult and can go die for your country but you cant enjoy a nice alchoholic beverage i think thats bullshit but thats me i'd like to hear some of your guys thoughts
    You know I have to question who you are because I just had this conversation with my family. My cousin recently turned 18 and he is off to the Air Force. Its not the Marines, but they are making so minors can't join the base parties anymore.

The kid is an alcoholic and I know someone will get him booze, but you have a point. If they will let you fight and send you out to die, why not allow them to drink? Its a touch question and considering how 21 is only 3 yrs older, there isn't a huge amount of experience betwen the two to really say that your intelligence and awareness is any better.

I don't really care if they dropped it or lowered the age limit, drinking isn't something that I considered a really that impressive or inspirational. In the end it takes a certain intelligence to truly appreciate the drink. Not many know when to stop or begin.

The Second post of this thread, im not sure if it was said, but races such as the Indians weren't introduced to alcoholic beverages as early as the Irish and English. Their tolerance isn't nearly as high as a gerneral and whole and its not really surprising that they died at such a young age. Knowing your limit isn't something that a lot of people understand to the point and its easy enough to kill yourself.

For those in battle, let them have a drink, I don't see why they can't have a last request. A few people who come off the field tend to drink anyways so its all on them. Drink so you can't remember.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 ... LastLast