Closed Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

Newbie rosenrot may be famous one day rosenrot may be famous one day rosenrot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

In my country the legal age is 18 for everything, including drinking. But I think that when somebody wants to drink, he drinks regardless of law or age.
    Das Feuer liebt mich

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

They might as well lower the age from 18.
    In Aust it's 18, but I know of people around 12 or 13 who binge drink.

I don't think lower it or making it higher is going to make all the difference
    They still find alchohol and some one to buy it regardless of the age.

Newbie demonic_anger may be famous one day demonic_anger may be famous one day demonic_anger's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree with lowering it to 18 what the point of going to war if you cant get wasted before you go????????

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

i feel it should and shouldnt change

it should because the government gives us no idea of what it takes to be an adult. we can smoke and drive at 18 but cant gamble or drink? confusing is right

i feel its fine now though, due to the fact drinking(too much, like most 18 yo would) is bad

Newbie diguised.as.a.lover may be famous one day diguised.as.a.lover may be famous one day diguised.as.a.lover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dungeonmaster666 View Post
    i think the drinking age should be 18 instead of 21 cause by the governments standings at 18 your an adult and can go die for your country but you cant enjoy a nice alchoholic beverage i think thats bullshit but thats me i'd like to hear some of your guys thoughts
    I agree with your reasoning. Because really it doesn't make since how the government can say you're old enought to fight and die for your country but you can't drink alcohol.
    But I don't think the drinking age should be changed. I don't think 18 yr olds are responsible enough to drink. Because they're still teenagers and haven't fully developed yet.
    Although at the same time I know that kids drink anyways. I've heard kids talking about having a keg party almost every day since starting highschool @ 14 yrs old.
    But I personally don't think anyone should drink unless they're going to do it responsibly because it's a big responsibilty. You could endanger yourself as well as other's lifes. Also it can lead to addiction of alcohol. Something I just don't think 18yrs old are ready to realize that drinking is more than having a good time.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

well guess i should give up, well alright drinking age should change like buying adult movies and buying tobacco, i guess it should be fair i think

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

If your justification is that they can be drafted but not drink then I'm all for changing..... the draft age. After all if the brain is not developed properly until they are older to make the correct decisions about drinking and driving why would I want them drafted into the military to carry guns and shoot at people not to mention get killed? I wonder what the death rate for younger soldiers is compared to older ones... hmmmm I think we need a new study done.

So raise the draft age to 21. It would make me alot happier.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

the legal drinking age should never change..........i to no point would ever condone the consumption of alcohol.........but the drinking age should not be changed becuase the average 18-20 year old can not afford to buy alcohol.....so why let them drink if they are not able to buy it.................

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast