Closed Thread
Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

personally i think drinking should just be gone altogether(sry ^^') just becuz it causes so much trouble...like in my life, but i dont want to bother u guys with that(pm me if u wanna know lol) yeah..anyways if they must change the age, then i gotta agree with kikyo there and raise it to 30

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'd prefer to keep it at 21. If it changes to 18, I don't think America could handle it..well, at least those states who haven't changed the law yet. 18, you're an "adult", yes, but most are just making it through highschool. They hardly know what to do with themselves. If the law changed it's legal drinking age to 18, I think all hell would break loose. That's my opinion.

Joining the army is a choice that 18 year olds and up make. Government approves or disapproves on their own accord. Even if that's not the case, my point is, they can control the situation. If 18 year olds start drinking..they'll think they're free to do whatever they want [=__= which they are] and as I said before, all hell will break loose. I'm telling you, it's not a good idea..

But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444
    See wanting to get drunk because its cool, is proof there to young to drink. Heck the way ppl drink these days, they should raise it to 23 to drink.
    lol. I agree.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dungeonmaster666 View Post
    i think the drinking age should be 18 instead of 21 cause by the governments standings at 18 your an adult and can go die for your country but you cant enjoy a nice alchoholic beverage i think thats bullshit but thats me i'd like to hear some of your guys thoughts
    I think that the age is something that works and it is only there to help keep people safer. I see a reason to changing but what we have in place is allready working!
    Last edited by Mattness; Feb 21, 2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: oops!

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm 'bout to break some reality here, although I don't drink often or that much, I don't believe that the drinking age should be 21. It's much more than the fact that it makes no sense that the govt. says that at 18 you're old enough to vote, own land, be responsible, and die for your country. There is one good reason why it should be changed back to 18, "There is no such Thing as a Responsible Drunk!!!" Some of you are probably wondering why I say such a thing... It's based on personal experience. Two of my uncles are drunks, it's because of alcohol that one of them is disowned. My grandfather was an alcoholic, his father was one, and his father was one. My uncles are in there 40's for godsake!!! They are supposed to be responsible and they are not. I had heard that one state wanted to raise the legal drinking age to 25, 'cause of all the accidents and stuff that was happening. The only thing that would have succeded in doing is raising the number of under-age drinking incidents. And we've already tried banning alcohol once and we see where that got us. We've got to realise that raising the age or banning alcohol use isn't going to work, so lowering it isn't really going to matter 'cause there are already alot of people under the age of 21 drinking anyway. I end this with a repeat of what I said earlier,"There is no such Thing as a Responsible Drunk!!!"

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    See wanting to get drunk because its cool, is proof there to young to drink. Heck the way ppl drink these days, they should raise it to 23 to drink.
    no if they do that Miroku ill have to wait 2 more yrs to buy , i say keep it 21 or lower it too 20 but no lower than 20
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I'm 'bout to break some reality here, although I don't drink often or that much, I don't believe that the drinking age should be 21. It's much more than the fact that it makes no sense that the govt. says that at 18 you're old enough to vote, own land, be responsible, and die for your country. There is one good reason why it should be changed back to 18, "There is no such Thing as a Responsible Drunk!!!" Some of you are probably wondering why I say such a thing... It's based on personal experience. Two of my uncles are drunks, it's because of alcohol that one of them is disowned. My grandfather was an alcoholic, his father was one, and his father was one. My uncles are in there 40's for godsake!!! They are supposed to be responsible and they are not. I had heard that one state wanted to raise the legal drinking age to 25, 'cause of all the accidents and stuff that was happening. The only thing that would have succeded in doing is raising the number of under-age drinking incidents. And we've already tried banning alcohol once and we see where that got us. We've got to realise that raising the age or banning alcohol use isn't going to work, so lowering it isn't really going to matter 'cause there are already alot of people under the age of 21 drinking anyway. I end this with a repeat of what I said earlier,"There is no such Thing as a Responsible Drunk!!!"

Yeah, so it's better that we allow them get easier access and drunk three years earlier so we can have them drunk driving and doing all kinds of crap at an earlier age, cause that makes sense.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

why u dont want teens running around drunk deo ?lol j/k

but really 18 is a little to low for me 20 sounds very reasonable,but in eny case as long the alcohol around kids will drink it
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I just don't see any problems with it being 21. So why should we risk the trouble that will come along if we change it to 18. Also, a lot of high school kids are still 18, so they would be legally be allowed to get alcohol and would give it to all their younger high school friends with more ease.

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 ... LastLast