Closed Thread
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

Of all the nations featured on this page: Legal drinking age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only 6 have the drinking Age at 21.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yeah, I think I would rather wait three years then go get myself killed in iraq or something for a lousy beer. That would be a horrible way for them to start recruiting. Soldiers should represent our country and follow our countries laws, which is that no drinking until they are 21.

Why should soldiers get special privelage. Nobody forced them to go in the army, it was a choice. Is alcohol an award or something, cause if that's how you think, then you aren't ready to drink yet. (not directed towards anyone here, lol)
    Exactly. I agree one hundred percent with you. If they are going to be part of the government, they should follow our countrie's laws. Which is to no drink until you are twenty one or older. If it becomes an "award" once people join the marines/air force/army/navy, etc... everyone will get upset, and another riot will break loose. Stress we don't need at the moment, IMO.

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think that its a good idea becuse most people are still in school when they are 18 and that can lead to other problems.

Tanks zyta

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

>.> but soldiers are already allowed to do a lot of things that civilians don't have the right to do... Personally, i don't see anything wrong with ones over 18 drinking in the military. They're not letting them drink while they're operating machinary, fighting, working, or doing anything. They drink at chow or during their downtime.

As apposed to civilians who drink whenever the hell they feel like it. In the military everything is regulated, so i doubt any soldier would be able to stumble into work and not have a kind of reprimand.

^_^ my dad wasn't much of a drinker though, back in Vietnam, they would give you two beers and two sodas at chowtime, and my dad would almost always trade his beers for sodas! He was 17 at the time...

^_^ my dad is funny

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    >.> but soldiers are already allowed to do a lot of things that civilians don't have the right to do... Personally, i don't see anything wrong with ones over 18 drinking in the military. They're not letting them drink while they're operating machinary, fighting, working, or doing anything. They drink at chow or during their downtime.

As apposed to civilians who drink whenever the hell they feel like it. In the military everything is regulated, so i doubt any soldier would be able to stumble into work and not have a kind of reprimand.

^_^ my dad wasn't much of a drinker though, back in Vietnam, they would give you two beers and two sodas at chowtime, and my dad would almost always trade his beers for sodas! He was 17 at the time...

^_^ my dad is funny
    Sadly, they can't be sure how soldiers all will react to drinking if they are under the normal age. You can't have an alcholic come home from Iraq and have his/her family sue the gov. Times are a changen... People need to realize the responseability that comes with drinking and there will always be a way for a soldier to get "one more drink."

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

@Maattness

^_^ that's true, but then again it's hard to tell even if they're a right age to be a responsible drinker. And i doubt anyone would be able to sue the government for making their loved one a drunk, that's a choice, just like in civilian life. So they be hard pressed to have an actual lawsuit.

... but people are more creative with lawsuits these days, so i'm not saying it'll never happen or at least try to happen

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    @Maattness

^_^ that's true, but then again it's hard to tell even if they're a right age to be a responsible drinker. And i doubt anyone would be able to sue the government for making their loved one a drunk, that's a choice, just like in civilian life. So they be hard pressed to have an actual lawsuit.

... but people are more creative with lawsuits these days, so i'm not saying it'll never happen or at least try to happen
    Yeah, I see what you mean. I was debating weather to share the fact that both of my parents father's had drinking problems and so did one on my great-grandfathers. I don't think that drinking is a bad thing, but I have heard of the effects it can have on familys!
    Last edited by Mattness; Mar 16, 2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Otaku gaara13 may be famous one day gaara13's Avatar
    Thanks

look u all dis is bs u all no that if u drink resposablely u should be a loud to drink or at least drink on special days like when ur kid is all most here or new years or even ur b-day u should at least get to drink once and awhile even if u ant 21 or older
    I only kill to remind my self why im alive
    Only the insane have strength enough to prosper;
    Only those that prosper truly judge what is sane

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast