Closed Thread
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    What's the point of changing the drinking age? People having restrictions will want more, that's true, but also during parties underage kids do consume alcohol in one way or another... if people are not careful enough that is.
    man u don't know how true that is. the scary part is that there are many tricks on how to get drunk and u know what, u don't even need to be 18 yrs, heck don't even need to be 1 yrs to buy it..

simple trick is to by some essence from supermarkets. some essence have alcohol percentage of around 67%. no need for ID cause anyone can buy it. then kids just pour that essence (usually lemon flavored) into some lemonade or something along those lines, and hey presto cheap 'legal' drink ready to go.

but the only problem is that this drink really isn't easy on the taste buds, don't know y ppl drink it. all u need to do is just walk into a liquor shop, get what u want and buy it. always seems to work for me, scary cause many places don't ask for ID. and yes i'm not 18, well not yet.

and its an acquired taste?.. well some brand do require u to get used to them (the cheap stuff) but if u ever had some decent up market booze, man u don't know what ur missing out on. some of that stuff is really nice, was for me on my first go, gotta thank my good British relative on that one. man they had all the nice port and bear. and don't get me started on cooking with the stuff. but thats kinda irrelevant.

and y do ppl drink?. to look cool? to be social? to be an idiot? well for me and many of my friend that main reason y we drink, is to simply help us relax (most of us work alot, with studies, part time jobs (money to buy booze for some), etc.) well that when we drink responsible (rarely happens) but other times.... its just something that lets use loss self consciousness and its great entertainment seeing ppl not being able to handle there booze. thats y this stuff is attractive. and the next morning, priceless. any problem is, this stuff is a 2 edge sword, especially at parties.

well thats the reality behind it, well at this end of the world.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Changing the drinking age

...and then the people who defend drinking at a young age can't spell for crap.

Well, gwenibe... I forgot to put that into consideration.
    The feeling of being drunk? ...psh, marijuana's healthier for you.
    But I shouldn't get started on that, since it'd make a lot of people start ranting.

Nah, what isn't awesome is the feeling of getting drunk, what is awesome is seeing a person drunk. And then they get themselves or someone else, killed. Wonderful.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    ...and then the people who defend drinking at a young age can't spell for crap.

Well, gwenibe... I forgot to put that into consideration.
    The feeling of being drunk? ...psh, marijuana's healthier for you.
    But I shouldn't get started on that, since it'd make a lot of people start ranting.

Nah, what isn't awesome is the feeling of getting drunk, what is awesome is seeing a person drunk. And then they get themselves or someone else, killed. Wonderful.
    that staement perfectly puts the arguement into perspective.

why do you want it to be lowered? so you guys can all get wasted.

yeah, i can see the supreme court changing the law because so much good can come out of it.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

gaara13 I recall you telling the me and the whole form that you were a kid and heres my proof kido!
    yea im under 18 im only 17 bro and yea i did have a kid on the way and as for the no drinking and more i wasnt drunk when that happened we was playin the ps3 and shyt hit the fan lol if u no wat i mean
    To me and the rest of the world you are what is known as a MINOR and you say you have been drinking for some time thats what will but your but in juvie hall bud.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Newbie Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree we (18 year olds) should be able to have alcohol .. in europe you don't have to be any specific age to drink alcohol .. that is such bull shit ... >_<
    I'm in love with the BEST guy ever! I love YOU baby!!

Newbie Kiki69 is off to a good start Kiki69's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think they should lower the drinking age...or at least not here in California. not to dis my fellow Cali-homies...but we tend to be a little more on the immature side. you see at the same time, drinkign is forbidden for the people under 21 and that's why it makes it so much more attractive to us. at the same time though i think that if it wasnt forbidden, like if you lowered to 18...maybe people wouldnt want to as much..

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

You know, I was watching Daily Show, and they mentioned that a Merc gets paid about 30k a month for his/her services. That seems to be the Universal worth of life.

So the U.S. pays us how much for service? If we can die for our country at age 18, why not allow us to drink?

You are a man now, go die for your country. Wait! You can't drink that, you are too young!

Makes me laugh everytime I think of it.

Newbie Kiki69 is off to a good start Kiki69's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    You know, I was watching Daily Show, and they mentioned that a Merc gets paid about 30k a month for his/her services. That seems to be the Universal worth of life.

So the U.S. pays us how much for service? If we can die for our country at age 18, why not allow us to drink?

You are a man now, go die for your country. Wait! You can't drink that, you are too young!

Makes me laugh everytime I think of it.
    we actually had a debate in this very topic not too long ago in my government class. i brought up exactly what you said and noone could really fire anything back....i mean i thinkthat if you are enlisted then youcna drink but otherwise you can wait...

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast