Closed Thread
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

hmm....well thats a hard decision to make. I mean, if you think about it, it wouldnt be that different. Supposedly the reason for having it at 21 is so people will be more "mature" by the time they reach that age. But honestly, in three years how much will you change?? Especially when getting drunk suddenly becomes an option....

But another thing, i've heard that if you are in the military but you're under 21, you can drink on your off time. But again thats just something i heard and hasnt really been confirmed.

And although i agree that because you have the ability to do everything else as an adult that it would only make sense to be able to drink, i still think it should remain at 21.
    Etsuans interius,
    Ira Vehementi.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live, I'll kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

the age should b changed coz there r many accidents been caused lately in society dat is associated with drinking.2 prevent it,the age should change.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

well i'm in the same bout with _gwenibe_. that is over here the legal drinking age is 18. and like she said,i've seen kids around 12 getting wasted.

but the issue here is whether they should keep the current drinking age at 21 or lower to 18. well this is the problem that i am seeing, i mean even if u keep the legal drinking age at 21. there will still be ppl who will get wasted which are underage. but what i read ur saying that even though not many ppl will listen raising the age will still help, and i think it might have the opposite effect.

i mean lets look at it, what is the main reason y teenagers get drunk?.
    1. to look cool infront of their friends (this is mainly cause it is illegal and the possibility they can be caught), and have some fun.

2. to feel like they are doin something 'naughty' and getting a rush from breaking the law (i wouldn't know many ppl that would do this). pretty much just being a rebel.

3. to just go crazy and do stupid stuff just for the heck of it (mainly cause they have 2 much free time on their hands)

now if u keep the legal drinking age at 21, i doubt that it will do anything at all, and it some of these teenagers eyes, if anything it might be even more insentive to drink. and also while i'm on this, i think the majority of 'unsafe' drinkers, that is the ones that causes accident and ppl getting injured or even killed. are the ones that will drink for the sole reason that i stated on point 3. and because of that, they are the ones most likely to cause driving accidents and so forth. and if u think that making it 21 will make it harder for them to get the alcohol, think again. cause let look at it, teenagers can easily get their hands onto pot and that completely illegal so getting alcohol would be a piece of cake.

personally even though i am only 17 and it is illegal to drink, i still do it. don't get my wrong i sensable with the amount i drink for my size, and i have seen what it can do to u if u get addicted to the stuff (got a distant uncle that had gang green toe's and had to get them remove. and this was cause from continuous drinking).

so my answer whether they should keep it where it is or change it, to me is completely irellavant. they way i want them to deal with this is

1. not have those annoying peep group talk, there are just a waste of money cause all they are saying what NOT to do, and really teenager don't like being told what they can't do (just give them more insentive to drink really).

2. tell the kid what they should, or could do. like for example they can talk about what are the concequences of drinking but don't discourage drinking. only to engourage smart drinking (like drinking in a safe environment where ur friend will keep u safe. ie tell u when u had 2 much and prevent u from doin anything stupid.)

so those are just my thoughts and i could go on about it longer, but i might just be goin around in circles. so i think i better leave this post as is.

Newbie Kai_Blackwolf may be famous one day Kai_Blackwolf may be famous one day Kai_Blackwolf's Avatar
    Thanks

here in australia the drinking age is 18, and i reckon it should stay that way, because if it was 16, youd have all the little emo kids getting pissed and being even more annoying. i reckon its good the way it is, it looks after people.
    Blackness covers all I see and all I touch. No feeling of pain, just sorrow. My hand loses grip of the sword I held. And I turn to become a true shadow.

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

In the USA, the states can have the legal drinking age set at whatever they want. The only catch is if they set it at under 21, they lose federal funding.
    Ich bin ein hund. Ich bin ein tefel hund!
    Ready to war, Ragnarok approaches.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

And thats a good reasons if your a politician, the real problem is that kids are to dum to know that the lighter your are the easer you get drunk and the faster you liver gos bye bye.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Otaku Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl's Avatar
    Thanks

Not all 18 yr olds are responsible drinkers. I don't think it should be changed...and like who cares if its changed or not, ALOT of pplz already drink ilegally.

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

It should stay at 21, because there would be many deaths because of unresponsible drinking especially among teens,

Q^are you the same Star Girl from AN???

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast