Closed Thread
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing the drinking age

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: changing the drinking age

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    kids are drinking underage anyway, so whats the point? many youths are drinking and smoking earlier than ever before so changing the drinking age really wouldnt make a difference but i say at 18 you should be able to get a drink
    Yeah true, but if you change the drinking age lower than people will start drinking at an even younger age. It's always gonna start a few years before they're the actual age. So a younger drinking age means younger drinkers
    Etsuans interius,
    Ira Vehementi.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live, I'll kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

They may as well change the drinking age. I don't drink but I know ALOT of people that drink strting at the age of 15 or so. 17 or 18 should be a good age.
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

The words "I think" has been used way too much in this form. If every one just thinks then nothings going to change. I don't care if you think its allright if young kids drink, don't care if you can fight you think you can drink, drinking at any age IS (not I think) IS a dum idea, the term "the evils of" says it all and no one sees the truth, the mind is your one power that can't be owned or stolen unless you let it and drinking is another way of that weakness.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't be stupid for starters I'm 18 and i really don't even seen a point in drinking i mean whats the reason. is it to be "Cool" to be accepted? I think drinking just to drink is stupid i think smoking is stupid i mean why put stuff into your body that can harm it. why would you want the drinking age changed so that all of you and your buddies can drink together and talk about remedial things honestly drinking for no apparent reason is just overall stupid and immature...

I don't see the desire to drink i never wanted to and i never will. it smells horrible probably taste horrible and if done to much it can kill you or overall harm you ......but thats just me i suppose.
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Newbie SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD's Avatar
    Thanks

Recently turning 18 years old myself, I would think I've got a pretty good say in this. I pray, that the drinking will never, ever be lowered to anything under 18. Just imagine how much dumb stuff teenagers would do with alcohol, the possibilities are countless. I need to be careful when I say this but, it isn't exactly difficult for a teenager to get obtain some alcohol, or even purchase some themselves. I personally think the day the drinking age limit is lowered will be like a miniture apocolypse, not to mention a hay-day for alcohol companies. Simply put, lowering the drinking age to 18 would be murder, it simply isn't going to happen and it never will.

Newbie Vampyre may be famous one day Vampyre may be famous one day
    Thanks

Has anyone else besides me thought that its stupid that marijuana is illegal, though its relatively harmless to you body and doesnt impare judgement or senses. Yet alcohol which kills so many and deteriorates your brain as well as causes liver failure is completely legal. I impares judgement and even the basic motor skills. You cant even speak correctly when you've drinking too much. Am i the only one who thinks that is one of the most stupid things ever?? Why is marijuana the one that is illegal and alcohol is free to kill our society. You never hear about people getting pissed and getting into fights when they're high, but some idiot will start a bar fight while drunk or go driving down the road(and i mean the whole road since they cant go straight) and end up hitting and possibly killing someone.

Its stupidity at its best. Its even proven that marijuana is actually helpful to certain medical conditions. And another thing...when you get high...you feel fine after it wears off. When you get wasted, the whole next day your paying for it in the form of head aches, nasea and vomiting.
    Etsuans interius,
    Ira Vehementi.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live, I'll kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Newbie fookongmick may be famous one day fookongmick may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    They might as well lower the age from 18.
    In Aust it's 18, but I know of people around 12 or 13 who binge drink.

I don't think lower it or making it higher is going to make all the difference
    They still find alchohol and some one to buy it regardless of the age.
    Extending the legal age might help but there is no guarantee since most kids still buy their alchohol from shops that don't check their identification card to make sure they are of the legal age. But I have seen many kids at a young age get wasted and on top of that waste money on alchohol!

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Instead of raising or lowering the drinking age, I think it should be enforced even more. I know these days that if a business is caught selling alcohol to minors they receive a major fine as well as they loose their liquor vending license permanently. But even like this you can still get alcohol. When
    i was in high school we used to give the local hobo 5 bucks to go into the store and buy it for us. I don't suggest doing this at all.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast