+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: changing the pledge of alligance

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: changing the pledge of alligance

not everyone beileves in god yand again not the same god. why should we if we change it if no one is forced to say it?

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    well they dont have to say the pledge.
    Nothing like 5 years blessing the US of A XD lol. We wonder why we still alive. XD

:O I think they should leave it alone, but I don't care. People should just seat there butts down.

In my high school no one stood up, but you had to stop in the hall. :P After the pledge you run to class, but still.

I think "under god" gave me a few seconds to get to class without being late. Why don't we just take "In god we trust" off the dollar bill while we are at it~
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

exactly. we take under god out the pledge take the god part of the bill.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan
    The atheist guys who are upset with the "under god" words.

What exactly does the pledge mean by "under god." They could be wrong.
    So, because less then 10% of the populace are offended we should change a historically significant tradition?

Good question though. Since the phrase "under god." comes from Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address perhaps we should check the context.
    Ok, I checked the context.

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
    I would call that a rather significant sentiment. A unified nation that shall not perish.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

another reason why it should not be changed. but yet i dont know why they are taking it so seriously

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

another reason why it should not be changed. but yet i dont know why they are taking it so seriously
    Which "they" are you refering to princess?

Thanks

the public, surpreme court, etc. from what i am aware of and i will check on this, a man in cali brought this case to surpreme court and he was atheist and he didnt want his child saying the pledge so he brought the topic to the surpreme court but it was rejected and now they are bringing it back and it hasd been on debate for a year or so now. i say you shuld not change the pledge becasue it has been having the "under god" line from the 1930's 1940's
    and the government shouldnt even think twice about it becasue for one people shouldnt take it so seriously. your not beinf forced to say it, and the gov put it in there in the first place.

Thanks

the public, surpreme court, etc. from what i am aware of and i will check on this, a man in cali brought this case to surpreme court and he was atheist and he didnt want his child saying the pledge so he brought the topic to the surpreme court but it was rejected and now they are bringing it back and it hasd been on debate for a year or so now. i say you shuld not change the pledge becasue it has been having the "under god" line from the 1930's 1940's
    and the government shouldnt even think twice about it becasue for one people shouldnt take it so seriously. your not beinf forced to say it, and the gov put it in there in the first place.
    Oh yes, the ultimate divorce fight.

Yeah, he brought the case on his daughters behalf. Thing is he doesn't have custady and his wife who does is raising her Christian. It was thrown out because it was determined he didn't have the legal right to speak for his daughter. Especially since his daughter had no objections, he did.

It still boggles my mind that they were able to find a judge to re-open it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast